We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Do you adapt to ayahuasca? Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 4/29/2011 12:28:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yesterday, i took a 50g brew and it was strong for my standards. I felt pretty dizzy, nauseous and saw patterns from the vine alone. After a while a swallowed 30mg fumarates and puked all up after half an hour and that wasn't enough for full dmt effects.

I felt so sick the whole time and the music and pictures i saw were very exhausting. The pictures were faint and but changed every 5 seconds. Drinkers know, that the vine somehow makes you "think" of the patterns and its exhausting to dream of a new scene every second.

Now i think of shamans and santo daime members who dance and chant the whole night. How do they do that? Every move under the influence makes me more dizzy and sick. The day after i just feel tired, weak and nauseous. How can people drink night after night...

It is unbelievable!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

universecannon
#2 Posted : 4/30/2011 5:12:30 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

It seems like the body and mind get accustomed to the state after continued use fairly quickly, and the dizziness/nausea become less of a problem. At first i would get very dizzy just walking around on 60g of vine, but now with 100g+ i can move about comfortably-although the dmt amount added is low at that dosage. Same goes for the rue extract i've been taking the past few months it seems. I've purged a few times now though and the worst nausea i experience is always the time leading up to it. Once its out though the dizziness just disappears

strange you feel so weak the next day. Is this a normal thing when you take harmalas? I've felt drained and weak afterwords a few times with aya, but usually once i eat a nice meal i'm back to "normal". Most of the time though there is a nice afterglow which can last days

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

wikiwahwah
#3 Posted : 4/30/2011 7:56:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
Yes, you adapt to the experience. The dizziness comes from the harmala alkaloids, although taking dmt will potentiate it.
If you continue with the same dose, you should relatively quickly adapt to it. It will by less dizzying, less nauseating etc. Of course, you can continue to up the dose. For instance, work with 100g caapi for a while, then 50g would be very transparent and easy.

This is good to hear. I too, consumed a 50g brew of white caapi yesterday and experienced similar symptoms. Dizziness, nausea etc. I vomited after one hour - not what I would call a emotional cleansing purge, just unpleasant. I didn't consume any DMT, this was just to get acquainted with the vine. I did chug down a fair amount of sediment as well which I think contributed to the nausea. I'm just a bit concerned that I won't be able to keep the DMT down for long enough for it to have an effect.

I will have to persevere and see if I adapt.

polytrip
#4 Posted : 5/1/2011 4:34:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Some people are more vulnerable to nausea and related side-effects. It's a bit like motion sickness in that sense. Datura seeds could help and maybe ginger would help as well. Maybe there are ways to train your mind to become less susceptible for this effect.

jamie
#5 Posted : 5/3/2011 2:46:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

diame drink weak brews, that is why they dance around. I taked to people who drank with them here in canada and they didn't really have anything worthy of writing home about happening to them. They said it was like a mild LSD buzz..whatever that means. I bet durring the works where strong brews are drank there is less dancing around and more puking and rolling on the ground taking place.

The nausea for me is almost always associated with movement when I just give in and lay down and close my eyes. I get this sense of inner movement where I sort of fly through the caapi world. The best way to deal with it is to not fight it I find and just go with it, usually the visions just start to come then and you forget abotu the nausea until you resurface.

2 nights ago I took an unknown ammount of harmine and harmaline sublingually and went to sleep. I woke up 1.5 hours later sort of buzzing, staring closed eyed into a visual scene that was very very DMT like, even though I took no DMT. I was nauseated as well and I dont usually get nausea with harmalas at that dose and when I do its not as strong..but this time it was there, I guess it was the harmaline as I am still getting used to these rue alkaloids compared to caapi. I really like the rue though and find it very healing and visionary..Im not sure if it was a one time thing or if it was the harmaline that gave me a bit more nausea but it was well worth it and easy to deal with when I just lay there..it was pleasant enough unless I walked around.
Long live the unwoke.