We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Comparison of hash making techniques Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 4/29/2011 12:56:24 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

3g ground medium grade bud was weighed out into 1g piles

The first gram was rubbed on a screen - to make 70mg of potent very pressable hash - each time it was rubbed after this more came thru but not as good in color, taste or fx.

The second gram was soaked for 30 seconds per soak, 3 times in naptha - on evaporation this yeilded about 170mg sticky hardish hash.

The third gram was soaked as above but using benzine. - on evap the product was much the same visually but it smelled much nicer than the naptha hash and there was about 190mg - so just a dash more - odd.

Benzine was a clear winner but the hash was still not satisfactory so the product from pile 2 and 3 were combined - this was placed in a shot glass and minimal hot acetone was added.

A slight greenish color was noticed so activated charcoal was added - this was all then filtered through a pre-wet filter(with acetone) and evaporated.

This fine product was then placed on a small metal plate and repeatedly heated from below with a flame - each time as it started to heat up it was cooled and the bubbles mixed in with a probe Very happy

This dried to a sharding glassy hash of unexplainable power - by far the strongest hash by weight iv smoked.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 4/29/2011 2:39:21 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

1/2 lb mids + 300-500 mL n-heptane --filter/rotavap--> win
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Rivea
#3 Posted : 4/29/2011 3:22:40 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

He wins and he even gets his heptane back....
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 4/29/2011 4:51:26 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

from above - strongest hash ever

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

MelCat
#5 Posted : 4/29/2011 7:00:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gooey gooey deliciousness <3
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Ice House
#6 Posted : 4/29/2011 9:49:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Phlux, I was just curious if you knew how this tek compared to doing a butane extraction? The stuff in the picture looks incredebly potent.

I take my med range leftovers/ trimmings and make butane extracted hash and I find that to be almost more potent than I can tolerate. For me its psychedelic. I had never considered using heptane or benzene or any other solvent for that matter. You got me curious.

Thanks for sharing.

ih
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

alzabo
#7 Posted : 4/30/2011 12:13:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Phlux Mon" wrote:
This fine product was then placed on a small metal plate and repeatedly heated from below with a flame - each time as it started to heat up it was cooled and the bubbles mixed in with a probe

Do you know what range of temperature you were heating it to in this step and for what period of time?
Is any sort of chemical change liable to happen at that heat; ex: evaporation of volatile oils; decarboxylation of THCA -- Perhaps the bubbles are a direct effect of this reaction.
Quote:

Decarboxylation @ cannabisculture.com
Marijuana produces THCA, an acid with the carboxylic group (COOH) attached. In its acid form, THC is not very active. It is only when the carboxyl group is removed that THC becomes psychoactive.
at around 106? C (220? F), the carboxyl group is released from the molecule as carbon dioxide and water vapor.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#8 Posted : 5/1/2011 11:18:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice work Phlux. Ever tried Hexane? I'll have to look into other solvents.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#9 Posted : 5/16/2011 1:19:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux, when you run BHO what is your process to purge the tane? I've heard foafs using vacuum chambers. SWIM usually uses a bit of warm ethanol to release the trapped tane, then slowly evap it back into an oil or hard shatter on glass over indirect heat. Always seeking to learn new techniques and approaches. Your shatter looks great, SWIM will have to try some new solvents soon.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

MelCat
#10 Posted : 6/14/2011 2:06:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried this last night and you aren't kidding about the potency!

I started with 4g of sugary shake leaves trimmed from 1/4 lb of primo and after two 100ml room temp pulls with VM+P naptha, I ended up with just under a gram of gooey deliciousness.

I then did another heated pull and got a little bit of stuff that wasn't as good as the first two pulls. Kinda insignificant really. And while that last pull was evaping I pulled with some IPA and got some nasty smelling stuff.

I highly recommend anyone who has some extra "trash" to try this technique. This wins my Trash to Stash award for sure.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...