We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hows the view up there Options

dolobeatsall
#1 Posted : 4/25/2011 2:26:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I gotta say it started with reading peoples experiences with dmt. Learning about communities like this one etc. You could call me someone who's interested in learning about dmt for scientific purposes with potentially a few others in mind. I need help understanding the cultural and scientific concepts of dmt. On another level I know there are a lot of chill people here so I guess I'm here to listen and learn about you guys to. I might come off inexperienced, because I am but show me the way and i'll come around. Thanks for reading!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Enoon
#2 Posted : 4/25/2011 7:27:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi dolobeatsall,

welcome to the nexus. Don't worry about being inexperienced, that's how we all start out.
Can you elaborate on your scientific inquiries into dmt? Which area of science are you coming from? psychology, neuro-chemistry/biology, medicine, sociologoy/anthropology? Can you elaborate on your general interests or specific questions you have? I'm just interested in what questions someone could have regarding this substance when announcing scientific interest.
Personally I'm a scientist and I'm interested in dmt, but I'm not sure I could say my interest is scientific; at least not with respect to the science that I practice for money. Perhaps though in a broader sense, science is just the art of inquiring and understanding, and in that respect I would be interested in dmt for scientific reasons. Just not for one particular established discipline of it. Inner science perhaps...

Have you tried dmt at all or you want to? any experiences with other psychedelics? what is it that makes you want to study dmt? Is dmt in your mind distinctly different from other psychedelics making it of special interest?

anyway, I hope you enjoy the community.

much love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

dolobeatsall
#3 Posted : 4/25/2011 9:56:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

To elaborate, initially my interests were in the practical use of chemistry ie. how naphtha pulls the dmt from the bark, this question was more or less answered on a chat. All my questions now are very general and in all probability very mundane.
One question is in a general nature how does dmt interacts with the brains chemistry? I'm also wondering what people think of time, and if the dmt trip is so intense it feels like an eternity in a 5-30 minute bottle (general questions like that). I'm not very adept at any of the sciences you mentioned. I enjoy learning (and experiencing)things as dramatic and attractive as dmt.
Honestly my inquiries into dmt really stem from my own personal interests. I'm very interested in the experience of it (never have). What I've heard of the intense nature of the trip attracts me, to a point where I want to further my knowledge about it scientifically and spiritually. What draws me to it also is what sets it apart. It's difficult to fathom it's intensity, from user reports simply imagining a fraction of what the user reports only intensifies my interest.
Ultimately I am interested in the chemistry to an extent, but where scientific interest inevitably ends my interest in what people learn from this drug and what they have to teach is what i'm looking for. I don't have any specific questions anymore because I have such a limited knowledge.

Thank's for the welcome Enoon

By the way sorry if my writing is incongruous, I'm figuring what i'm looking for as I write it out Razz.