We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hello everyone Options

icy420
#1 Posted : 4/23/2011 3:07:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello I want to take this time to introduce myself to the forums I have been reading up about DMT for quite sometime I came across this website and it really intrigued me because mostly all the individuals in this forum are very well spoken (and I really mean that).

I am at the point of my life where I feel im ready to try this molecule, I have never done any moderate hallucinogens before and I am aware that DMT is a very powerful drug and am by no means underestimating its significance.

I came across one persons advice on this that made me strongly reconsider proceeding with trying this it said "if you like who you are, do not take DMT" I found it on yahoo answers, but I do take everyone's advice very seriously assuming they have already tried it. From everything I read I feel as though im ready for this but after reading that I had to question myself because not only have I never came a across a suggestion like that regarding DMT, But I also really like who I am, I do not really consider myself negative or selfish. of course there are always some things that I would like to change about myself as I gain experience with age but not anything major (im 22 btw). I try very hard to stay positive and have many friends who I respect and who respect me a great deal. Im interested in trying this because of the different perspectives and knowledge people say they gain from this, and also because I have been very involved with the techniques of lucid dreaming and achieving it fascinates me. I have had 3-5 successful states of lucidity mostly through sleep paralysis and achieving the "gateway" and feel as though DMT would have a similar if not greater effect.

I would very much appreciate any input or recommendations anyone could give me especially based on the "if you like who you are, do not take DMT" statement I read. I am aware of how much im typing, and dont mean to bore or waste anyone's time, im just looking for experienced persons insight and would be very appreciative for it.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gammagore
#2 Posted : 4/23/2011 4:58:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"if you like who you are, do not take DMT", or else what??Smile Its not like you are going to become someone you dont like, you might not like the experience, yes.

Ive always "liked" who I am, tried my best to do good and help others, after my first try of DMT I didnt change that perseption of myself.

DMT isnt for everyone, we might like to think it is, but its a simple fact that most people who try it a few times have had enough.

I say, if you are thinking about it, then get yourself some bark and extract it, check what insight you get from it and take it from there. Only you can answer the question of weather or not you should try it. You seem to have a good amount of respect towards it, which helps IMO.

And remember, close them eyes, sit back and SMILE. Everything will be OK!

Welcome to the Nexus btw.Very happy

ewok
#3 Posted : 4/23/2011 10:03:56 PM

I think it should be " if you want to know who you are, take dmt"

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

icy420
#4 Posted : 4/24/2011 4:39:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you gammagore and ewok for your replies, I also felt as though that statement seemed odd but its great to know you both said things that I expected prior to coming across that comment. This reassures me I am ready.

Yes I am going to extract some root bark in powdered form, I hope it all goes well, I will remember to close my eyes and smile Smile. Thanks for welcoming me.

Again thank you for your replies they confirm my presumptions and that is very much valued to me.

spacegiraffe
#5 Posted : 4/24/2011 5:05:31 AM

^_^

I'm yet to try DMT but I would recommend doing some sort of psychedelic before going straight to it just so you understand how you can learn from them and better understand yourself, your actions and your perception of the world around you.

"If you like who you are, do not take DMT"
It is true that psychedelics will change you if you want to be changed but it's all up to you, the trip is controlled by you.
You only ever change for the better, it's mainly small things like ever since I started tripping DXM I've become a more positive person and try to get along with my family. I used to think that I'll never get my P's but a trip I had made me realise that I could and that I was just lacking ambition. I drive about 2 to 3 hours a day now, in the last month I've done 50 out of my 100 hours required to get it.
I've never changed for the worse but it is true that all psychedelics will help change you if you want to change.

You talk about lucid dreaming. I have insomnia so I occasionally have lucid dreams and most dreams that I remember are very vivid and real. Other nights I usually can't get to sleep. But yeah, Lucid dreaming is nothing like any psychedelic I've done as you only remember sections of the dream and unlike a psychedelic trip you don't gain any knowledge or understanding about yourself from it. Whenever I've tripped it's been nothing like a lucid dream though DMT may be similar but probably very different at the same time. You control the DMT trip but I've never been able to control a lucid dream properly as to focus on myself and learn from it.

DMT is, like all psychedelics, a learning experience. You see yourself from many different angles and perceive the world in many ways, you question reality and your current state of thinking. Lucid dreaming on the other hand is just an interesting experience which can only rarely be beneficial.
Quote:
Give up already. Some people say you should never give up but don't be foolish. Knowing when to give up is important for both survival and is vital to being able to learn effectively. Giving up on some tasks gives you more time and energy to focus on other more important tasks. This may confuse or annoy you, some people have more ambition and determination than sense, but I'll give you some examples to illustrate my point:

You should give up on being like everyone else so you can be true to yourself. Give up on an easy mundane life so that you can live life sincerely. Give up on feeling safe and secure so you can live your dreams. Give up on being perfect so you can be your best. Life is all about trade-offs. There is no right or wrong way to live your life but that doesn't mean you can act however you want and still achieve anything you want. To add something you must remove something else. To achieve something you must give up on something else.

BananaForeskin
#6 Posted : 4/24/2011 5:28:15 AM

I Eat Plant Magic

^^^

And I say you should try DMT first! Razz

I think the DMT experience sounds right up your alley. 'Nuff said.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

ewok
#7 Posted : 4/24/2011 7:35:41 AM

spacegiraffe wrote:
You control the DMT trip but I've never been able to control a lucid dream properly as to focus on myself and learn from it.

I can't control dmt trips. Interesting you say that after you said you are yet to try dmt.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.