We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
hello all Options

sinister
#1 Posted : 4/19/2011 9:25:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Im new to this forum (and to DMT) -- I smoke marijuana, but I have never really had any type of experience with trip drugs. My friend recently came across a source of some good DMT, and i think I need to take the opportunity to experience this now incase i never have the chance to again. I'm just here looking for some information before i try it for the first time. I'm very nervous. I've lurked the forum and have read peoples experiences, so i know what to expect somewhat. My main concern is having a panic attack. Sometimes when i smoke weed at large amounts and get really high, My heart races, I think to myself sometimes Im having a heart attack. Will DMT cause this? I know thats probably a though question to answer, but I want to make sure this drug is not dangerous to me before i try it.
Also, what is the most effective way of smoking it? I've been told that putting it into a water bong and smoking it like weed would be a bad idea because all that would do is burn it up.. Is there anyway to get the effect while smoking it out of a pipe that i usually smoke weed out of?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MelCat
#2 Posted : 4/19/2011 9:55:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I believe most, if not all of your questions can be found in the FAQ.

Panic attack is possible, but it doesn't last long so just keep reminding yourself of that.

As far as acquiring goes, this community highly recommends extracting it yourself. It's not that hard and beneficial for all parties involved.

Where smoking it concerned, construct a Key v2 and use a waterbong.

Welcome to the Nexus and happy trails!
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Enoon
#3 Posted : 4/20/2011 12:53:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Hi and welcome to the forum,

to add to what Melodic Catastrophe put very well, we also tend to stay away from the term drug. It's far too broad a term - there are much better ones for what we are dealing with - and there are far too many negative connotations stuck to it. In order to avoid for one's self and for anyone we communicate with the arising of negative associations, we use words like psychedelics (i.e. mind manifesting) or entheogens (i.e. containing the divine). This is not something I say because I want to argue semantics but something I believe is essential to working towards positivity. We have the ability to direct and take control of our inner worlds by means of giving attention and energy to some things and none to others. The way we use language affects greatly how we view things, think of things, feel about things, and this greatly affects how we move through life and how we develop.
Regarding psychedelics this can also affect how the trip will be like. If we cultivate a meaningful relationship to the substances we intend to use, I would expect to have more meaningful developments in the context of our work with them. It has been so for me, though of course this is not real evidence.

In any case I would try to look into what this entheogen's potential is concerning impact on state of mind/philosophy/spirituality etc. and find out what this would mean to me, rather than considering it a drug (which I'm not implying that you are doing...). If you're interested in direct accounts, you can just come on the chat and ask some people directly. psychedelics can be transformative, magical, revealing and connecting, but I find it is important how you approach them and what you do with the experiences you've had. Otherwise all this potential might fly right past you.

It's an adventurous journey you might be endeavoring, so godspeed my friend
cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

iheartthisnewlife
#4 Posted : 4/20/2011 7:42:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think that as long as you embrace the experience you will be alright. My heart will pound when I am feeling super stoney, sometimes I feel like I might have a heart attack or something, but that didn't happen to me at all while on dmt. If anything it slowed down my breathing because I was so consumed with the feeling of bliss.

Bill Cipher
#5 Posted : 4/20/2011 9:21:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is truly not an experience to be taken lightly or entered into without a great deal of prior reflection. Have a read through the Health and Safety page, and think long and hard about whether or not the decision is a right one for you.

It's an extraordinarily profound and beautiful experience, but it really isn't for everyone.