We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi there! Options

SnakeBite
#1 Posted : 4/17/2011 12:42:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So a bit about me,

I'm 21, live in a country town 3h outside of sydney, studying a theatre degree at university, love animals despite the fact that they love to bite me (been bitten by a horse, a boa constrictor, and a little black dog named otis who im very good friends with now. Guess which one I got a lasting scar from?).

I was raised as a catholic, but not really hardcore. Pretty much all we did was go to church on the weekend and observe the high holidays. At about 13 I started to develop my own personal beliefs, and when I noticed that they differed from the churches teachings, tried my best to reconcile them with each other. Since then I've done a bunch of reading on religion and spirituality etc, and more and more I'm coming to the conclusion that all religions are pretty much different paths leading up the same mountain, at the top of which is that one thing (god, nirvana, transcendence, a big ass bowl of chilli, etc.)

I've always been very free and open-minded when it comes to drugs. I'll try anything once. Except heroin, although i would like to give it a go just before I die. I've been taking psychedelics (LSD and Shrooms) recreationally for a couple of years, meaning in a party atmosphere etc.
Recently I've found myself looking into the use of psychedelics as entheogens, doing a bunch of reading into the subject. In the last few months I've tripped on LSD and Shrooms (separately) using Leary's tibetan book of the dead method, with some pretty good results.

As for DMT, I've never had the chance to try it, but I've got some friends that have, and it sounds like its definitely for me. So here I am. I'm planning to use q21q21's tek 2 with acacia bark. I *think* I've got the appropriate tree growing in my backyard of all places. (Bonus!)

So yeah, thats a little bit about me.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/17/2011 1:19:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!!

I really like your intro essay and can definitely relate to a lot you said regarding how feeling religions are different paths with the same goal. Or "there are as many ways to God as there are created souls". And know that God is just a word too, in the end being undefined/agnostic/pragmatic can also be a way towards self-and-collective development.

There's plenty of things that I wouldn't try even once for a variety of reasons, one of them being datura for example. But if you do try things that dont have a good safety profile, please take all precautions necessary regarding dosage/purity, mode of ingestion, set and setting.

I think you sound pretty reasonable and informed, which is a good thing and likely will play on your side with psychedelics. Did you check our health and safety section and wiki in general?

Can you post pics of the trees, what acacia is it?

See you around

SnakeBite
#3 Posted : 4/19/2011 4:15:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So I checked it out, and I'm pretty sure its acacia decurrens, or black wattle.

net lore puts the alkaloid content at 0.02, but ive searched around and found a couple of positive testemonials. I've also got a ridiculous amount of phragmites australis growing pretty close to my home, so I might try a test extraction on some of the wet root of that and the acacia bark pretty soon.

thelittlehuskee
#4 Posted : 4/19/2011 6:10:51 AM

Maya Elizabeth

Welcome to the Nexus, SnakeBite! (: I hope you have a good experience with extracting & then finally using the spice. You'll find lots of great tips and stories here. The amount of love & respect is also abundant here, and I think you are going to like it--I know many of us do. Again, welcome... and good luck. (: xx
"I smoke to get high because the world is so low." - Kid Cudi.

olympus mon
#5 Posted : 4/19/2011 6:56:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

WELCOME!
great essay and intro. i relate to your upbringing quite a bit. i was also raised catholic but pretty casually and started reading up on other ideas of spirituality around your age. its a great part of growing.
id like to hear about your lsd and mushroom trips if you care to share more details.

welcome to the nexus
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Ellis D'Empty
#6 Posted : 4/19/2011 8:22:50 AM

Snirfneblin

Great essay Smile Actually enjoyed reading it, exactly what I expect them all to be like.
I have a feeling you'll fit in around here Smile

Check out the chat if your into that sort of thing.

I can relate and I agree with most everything you said.

Welcome Smile
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.