We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
The Ice House Homestead Options

Shadowman-x
#41 Posted : 7/17/2011 12:42:29 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

I love you dude.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ice House
#42 Posted : 7/18/2011 9:57:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

Out in the garden this morning early. I took a long hike with my wife and dogs and came home hungry for a monster garden salad. So I was picking through my greens and I found some monster radishes that were ready. They are and extremely spicey hot korean variety. The radish greens were added to the salad and the radishes were eaten whole dipped into some killer locally made blue cheese.

enjoy the pics

IH
Ice House attached the following image(s):
DSC00388.JPG (2,714kb) downloaded 487 time(s).
DSC00389.JPG (2,798kb) downloaded 488 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Sublime
#43 Posted : 7/19/2011 1:37:25 AM

Intraterrestrial

What an awesome thing to do. These are the kinds of things that influence me to make changes and live healthier, more happily. Thanks Ice House, we have been working on a garden full of vegetables recently, its very nice what can be done and planting them and eating something you put personal effort into makes you feel accomplished and good about yourself.
"That which I avoid I will become a slave to, that which I confront I will master."

Ice House
#44 Posted : 7/19/2011 4:18:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Up early this morning and out to the garden to pick some breakfast....... I love a big fresh crunchy head of lettuce in the morning with a little blue cheese crumbled on it and some hot peppers sprinkled on it and then a big pile of black beans dumped on it.
DSC00391.JPG (2,866kb) downloaded 462 time(s).
DSC00390.JPG (2,441kb) downloaded 455 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

proto-pax
#45 Posted : 7/19/2011 4:29:59 PM

bird-brain

Good lord Ice House, this is fantastic! Definitely awesome stuff.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Ice House
#46 Posted : 7/27/2011 5:41:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

after a weekend away from the farm this is what I picked out of the chicken and turkey pens. This is just two and a half days worth.

The big speckled eggs are turkey eggs.
Enjoy
DSC00393.JPG (2,578kb) downloaded 438 time(s).
DSC00395.JPG (2,303kb) downloaded 437 time(s).

۩
#47 Posted : 7/27/2011 5:48:26 AM

YUMMMY!!!!!!

RayOfLight
#48 Posted : 7/27/2011 7:23:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

time to learn how to pickle eggs
‎"I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect." J. Krishnamurti ~ The Dissolution of the Order of the Star. 1929

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erjAzA753sg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

Orion
#49 Posted : 7/28/2011 4:06:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You are doing a damn fine job! This is just great, nice one man.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Ice House
#50 Posted : 8/8/2011 3:31:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My fellow Nexians its time for a quick photographic update on the progress of my sustainable living progect.

Enjoy the photos

IH
DSC00397.JPG (2,633kb) downloaded 375 time(s).
DSC00405.JPG (2,438kb) downloaded 374 time(s).
DSC00401.JPG (2,689kb) downloaded 373 time(s).
DSC00399.JPG (2,667kb) downloaded 371 time(s).

proto-pax
#51 Posted : 8/8/2011 6:24:52 AM

bird-brain

Awesome stuff icehouse!
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

tigerstrike92
#52 Posted : 8/8/2011 4:37:14 PM

Homo-divinorum

Dear Ice Houce,

Gardening - You're doing it right.

Very happy
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.

Ice House
#53 Posted : 9/17/2011 12:36:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Folks I'm sorry I havent been maintaining this thread very well. Allot has been happening in the Ice House garden as of late and I havent done a good job of capturing it.

Today my wife asked me if we had any potatoes left out in the garden, she wanted to cook some for dinner tonight. I went out to my monster spud patch and dug up a few Red potatoes and some Yukon Golds.

I decided to capture a picture or two of my pumpkin patch also. There will be many more fotos of this in the future as I prolly have 40-50 pumpkins and squash in the big to enormous size.

enjoy the pics!
DSCN0428.jpg (235kb) downloaded 317 time(s).
DSCN0444.jpg (249kb) downloaded 314 time(s).
DSCN0443.jpg (232kb) downloaded 316 time(s).
ww.jpg (210kb) downloaded 315 time(s).

MelCat
#54 Posted : 9/17/2011 5:43:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool Ice House! It's awesome what you're doing out there.

Just out of curiosity, have you watched any of the Permaculture videos by Geoff Lawton? He's got lots of great info on really getting the most bang for your buck (and neck and back) and keeping everything as sustainable as possible.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Ice House
#55 Posted : 9/17/2011 6:01:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I appreciate the tip MelCat. One of the things I do gotta do as I get older is to get smarter. The size of a shovel of dirt remains constant, the weight of that same shovel of dirt increases with old age.

bindu
#56 Posted : 9/17/2011 2:07:19 PM

juices drooling from my mouth

thievish bears stealing apples from your trees... what a fantastic place

do you need to buy additional food in the winter?

blessed be all forms of intelligence

polytrip
#57 Posted : 9/17/2011 3:02:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Great pictures.
One of the nice things about growing your own food is that you can just experiment with what parts of a plant are edible. Very often, a plant has much more edible parts than just the parts sold in the grocery store.

And it justs tastes better when you've harvested it yourself. Beautyfull plants.

pau
#58 Posted : 9/17/2011 6:56:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love the pics, Iceman! Could you please share the camera/lens info?
WHOA!

MelCat
#59 Posted : 9/17/2011 9:36:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:
I appreciate the tip MelCat. One of the things I do gotta do as I get older is to get smarter. The size of a shovel of dirt remains constant, the weight of that same shovel of dirt increases with old age.

MelCat... I dig it.. Very happy

Is it ok if I send you a PM with some info?
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Ice House
#60 Posted : 9/20/2011 5:02:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe wrote:
Ice House wrote:

MelCat... I dig it.. Very happy

Is it ok if I send you a PM with some info?

@ MelCat Please do! I dont mind PMs at all, fir away!

@ polytrip- funny you mention experimenting with different parts of the plants because I have learned to eat the bright yellow pumpkin flowers. The are delicious fried in extra virgen olive oil and garlic, heerlijk!

@ pau the camera is a Nikon coolpix s8100 digital camera

@ bindu I buy allot of additional food, but I buy as little as I have to.

PREV12345NEXT»