We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
The Ice House Homestead Options

polytrip
#21 Posted : 4/16/2011 3:52:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Man..turkeys are ugly :evil: .

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

proto-pax
#22 Posted : 4/16/2011 4:27:40 PM

bird-brain

yur FACE is ugly!

Just playing someone said they remind them of DMT entities on this forum. Don't think I want to ever see something like that while I'm journeying. (my brothers dogs having their skin fall of and rot is more than enough for me, not that that was bad, but it was to much.)
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Ice House
#23 Posted : 4/16/2011 5:52:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

proto-pax wrote:
yur FACE is ugly!

Just playing someone said they remind them of DMT entities on this forum. Don't think I want to ever see something like that while I'm journeying. (my brothers dogs having their skin fall of and rot is more than enough for me, not that that was bad, but it was to much.)

I love the skin on their faces it adds character and nobility! This is the bird that Ben Franklin proposed to be out National bird over the Bald Eagle.

The turkey is mighty and must not be taken lightly.

BTW I have seen them while on DMT I have seen them and some of my cows. Crazy shit!
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Aegle
#24 Posted : 4/16/2011 6:32:39 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Ice House

You are a true inspiration brother... I am trying my best to live in the most sustainable way possible, we have organised a composter and a worm farm in our garden. As well as a veggie patch, soon there will be some veggie seeds planted. We also try to grow as many entheogens in our garden as we can.

There is no better feeling than living sustainably and connected with nature. Growing my own food and entheogens makes my heart well up with pure joy and purpose. Thank you so very much for sharing these lovely pictures of your garden and your admirable way of life.

Much Peace and Sunshine
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Ice House
#25 Posted : 4/16/2011 8:12:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aegle wrote:
I am trying my best to live in the most sustainable way possible, we have organised a composter and a worm farm in our garden. As well as a veggie patch, soon there will be some veggie seeds planted. We also try to grow as many entheogens in our garden as we can.

There is no better feeling than living sustainably and connected with nature. Growing my own food and entheogens makes my heart well up with pure joy and purpose.

thank you for the kind words Aegle. When it comes to gardening and sustainable living you start one idea, one seed at a time. When you live in an urban environment you gotta get creative and you gotta use any and all resources available. People across the nation are starting to get it. We Nexians or We Urban gardeners must lead by example.

People need to know that if you have a teeeny tiny ray of light coning through your window there is no excuse not to have some sort of plant under it. It doesnt have to be edible. It just has to grow and be happy, its good for the mood the ambiance the air quality its theraputic, Its good for the soul.

The thought of how much I love mother earth brings a tear to my eye when I think about it.
Take care of our mothership. She will take care of us.
Its our only hope.
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

polytrip
#26 Posted : 4/16/2011 8:44:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Stuff that you've grown yourself always tastes better as well. But besides growing stuff, i realy love going into the woods and finding edible plants nature has put there. From mushrooms to berry's, there's always something. Except during the winter.

Ice House
#27 Posted : 4/16/2011 10:20:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Stuff that you've grown yourself always tastes better as well. But besides growing stuff, i realy love going into the woods and finding edible plants nature has put there. From mushrooms to berry's, there's always something. Except during the winter.

Yes polytrip I agree, I am fortunate because the land around my property is owned by forrest service. The land is made up of young tree farms that wont be harvested in my life time.

we forrage for chanterrelles and truffles wild fruit and berries. I am an archery enthusiest and I generally have no problem harvesting a deer and an elk every year.

I also have a dynamite fishing river just a stones throw from here. when the salmon are running its not at all uncommon to pull in 24+ lb spring and fall chinook. I will post some pics this year when I catch some.

polytrip
#28 Posted : 4/16/2011 10:47:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, that sounds like the good life to me. But aren't you afraid of bears? The only bears i ever saw where in the zoo, but i had something like "hmm, if one of those ever came after me, i don't think poking them with a stick would help that much".

Ice House
#29 Posted : 4/17/2011 6:59:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
Wow, that sounds like the good life to me. But aren't you afraid of bears? The only bears i ever saw where in the zoo, but i had something like "hmm, if one of those ever came after me, i don't think poking them with a stick would help that much".

We have bears, cougars, bobcats, fox, They dont cause many problems. The bears come down and eat apples off my apple trees in the fall but thats it. Bears are cool.

polytrip
#30 Posted : 4/17/2011 5:19:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ice House wrote:
polytrip wrote:

We have bears, cougars, bobcats, fox, They dont cause many problems. The bears come down and eat apples off my apple trees in the fall but thats it. Bears are cool.

Bears are definately cool. They're also very big and strong, but you probably know what's safe. It sounds like it's mostly black bears you have strolling around your house instead of the big brown hairy dudes.

idtravlr
#31 Posted : 4/19/2011 6:31:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This has got me thinking. It would be cool to have a havestable fish pond on site as well. Some kind of fish that is hearty and does not need to migrate. Perhaps Kokanee Salmon, Catfish, Bass, or Trout come to mind. Has anyone tried this as part of their own back-yard eco-bounty? Veggies and all are great! And I love having them fresh for the picking, but having a fish farm to snatch a fresh piece of heart healthy protein from would be an added bonus to chickens, pigs, or whatever else might be on the farm.

Just a thought.

Peace,
-ist
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Ice House
#32 Posted : 4/19/2011 3:46:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
This has got me thinking. It would be cool to have a havestable fish pond on site as well. Some kind of fish that is hearty and does not need to migrate. Perhaps Kokanee Salmon, Catfish, Bass, or Trout come to mind. Has anyone tried this as part of their own back-yard eco-bounty? Veggies and all are great! And I love having them fresh for the picking, but having a fish farm to snatch a fresh piece of heart healthy protein from would be an added bonus to chickens, pigs, or whatever else might be on the farm.

Just a thought.

Peace,
-ist

This is a great idea, one that I have put allot of thought into and some research. Kokanee needs deeper water to get those cool temps in the warm summer months. I believe catfish are easy to farm if you have a large enough area. I grow a good ammount of corn every year so feeding the catfish would be easy. Carp is another easy to produce fish, I'm not sure how they taste. The local stream/fishing hole has loads of crawfish, I usually pull 40-50lbs a year from the creek and I've done that for the last 4 years I'm not even puting a dent in the population.

MelCat
#33 Posted : 4/19/2011 3:59:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ice House,

You really are an inspiration and a pioneer for choosing to live sustainably.

I live in the city right now, so I'm limited on how much I can do, but it is definitely my dream to get back to nature and set up something similar to what you have here.

On a different note, in my Sustainable Living post, I mention aquaponics.

I'm sure it would take a lot of work to get it set up initially, but it would be a fun and rewarding hobby, even if done on a much smaller scale than what they show in this video. Just an idea for a way to be able to harvest fish on the regular.

Anyways...

I really look forward to seeing more of your site as it evolves.

Thanks for sharing and the best of luck to ya!

Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

idtravlr
#34 Posted : 4/20/2011 7:33:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Melodic Catastrophe,

That is incredible! Makes me feel rather shameful of my inefficient ways of living. Pretty amazing, and an a perfect answer to my question! Warm and cold water fish none the less!

I think if one were just going to do a simple pond fish, and not get nearly this technical and innovative, a simple Bass pond would probably be the easiest to manage.

Ice House - Craw-fish... YUM! I can't wait to gorge myself on some of those! Pleased

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

mrwiggle
#35 Posted : 5/27/2011 1:18:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

okey congratulations...you have successfully release your bindings to "the city" though you have many works ahead...dont mean to be overwelming but even for basic self sustaining living one needs several things in place some of which you may have and i just dont know, this means your perrenial staple crops like your jersulum artichokes your day lilies, your cammas, your yampa, next you need a cold cellar so you can eat when nothings growning, then you need some greenhouse/ coldframe type situation..so you CAN grow a few things in the winter, and also last but not least you need you super fermentation station, i recomend making a koji house for miso making...it is the most involved fermentation process but also the most rewarding, miso will ferment ANY grain, bean, meat or vegetable,(never tried fermenting dairy with miso) not to mention your body needs that shit, then if you can ferment dairy, then between your whey, cheese, miso, and storage roots and you greenhouse greens (the greenhouse greens thing generally will only work out all winter if you zone 6 or above) then your pretty set...i would also look into what it takes to grow yourself enough grains and beans to store all winter i think its roughly 200 lbs each if you have good grain land you can accomplish this on < one acre...like i said dont mean to overwelm ya but rhubarb and strawberries wont keep you breathing all winter there are many ways to cleverly design all these ideas together with other clever ideas, like fish ponds but you can also just doit
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

Skeemer
#36 Posted : 5/27/2011 1:26:49 AM

remeeks

Mr Ice House, your establishment is truly inspiring! ever since my wife and i visited ur land, we decided thats what we want for our family. Hopefully by next spring/summer we'll have our land. You're living right bro!

Ice House
#37 Posted : 6/19/2011 3:08:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just thought I'd give you all an update from the Ice House Garden-

the baby turkeys, 12 in all, are about 10lbs already. The big Tom is pushing 40lbs +.

The ammount of bio mass is growing quick. All of my greens are ready to eat. Planted lots of beets, radish, turnips, carrots, garlic, cabbage, onions to name just a few. My corn is up a couple of inches and will really take off soon.

Gardening is what keeps me extremely busy this time of year.

Enjoy the pics-
Ice House attached the following image(s):
DSC00320.JPG (2,842kb) downloaded 382 time(s).
DSC00310.JPG (2,617kb) downloaded 381 time(s).
DSC00314.JPG (2,714kb) downloaded 379 time(s).
DSC00316.JPG (2,717kb) downloaded 382 time(s).
DSC00323.JPG (2,543kb) downloaded 375 time(s).

proto-pax
#38 Posted : 6/19/2011 4:28:29 PM

bird-brain

Beautiful.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

olympus mon
#39 Posted : 6/19/2011 7:20:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

your the man ice house!!!! your farm looks so fulfilling and happy. i cant wait to see it.
see you soon Wink
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Ice House
#40 Posted : 7/16/2011 11:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I harvested some garlic today, about 50 bulbs! I got the seed stock from a commercial grower down the road its Korean Red very spicey.

The cloves were planted last year in late October.

I'll hang these to dry for a few days and then clean em up. I'll put most of the bulbs in my cellar where the temperature is a constant 58 degrees year around. I'll prolly take a few and jar the cleanded and husked cloves.

Enjoy the pictures.

IH
Ice House attached the following image(s):
DSC00385.JPG (2,825kb) downloaded 325 time(s).
DSC00386.JPG (2,510kb) downloaded 317 time(s).

PREV1234NEXT»