We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
The Ice House Homestead Options

Ice House
#1 Posted : 4/16/2011 12:22:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Sustainable growing

I was kinda questioning myself, weather I wanted to do this piece or not, I think I'm gonna give in and just pray that it doesnt give out too much personal information about me in the process.

Sustainable Living!

You got that right ... .. . . . . . . We all gotta do it or else.

I got to thinkin one day, I got a pretty good deal here! A great deal!

I got fed up with the city sold my house, wife quit her job, and we left for the country.

I was never a city boy, never grew up on a farm, but I did live in the country most my life. My wife was born and raised in the big city.

We purchased an old farm house with some fenced pastures and a couple of lean to structures to houe animals, some of the land is wooded and There is a stream that runs through it. 7acres total....

Thats the story line ..... Sorry to bore you with the details but I needed a lead into the pictures.....

Spring comes slow to our neck of the woods but I gotta say, Spring has Sprung!

Just wanted to capture this old cast iron bathtub look closely inside this time of year and the arsparagus shoots are on there way up
Ice House attached the following image(s):
DSC00157.JPG (842kb) downloaded 967 time(s).
DSC00158.JPG (880kb) downloaded 967 time(s).
DSC00159.JPG (794kb) downloaded 963 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ice House
#2 Posted : 4/16/2011 12:35:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been wanting to do this thread for a long time kinda as a diary but mostly to get ideas or suggestions from others.. My wife and I are living life in a crazy sort of way. We know what we want to accomplish but we are really new at this and so its been a trial and error festival around here for the better part of four years. The first year we were clueless. Life is getting better. Life is fun at Ice House. Everything is a work in progress and aventure is never lacking.....

I was walking around my garden area today assessing the situation... I got ssooooooo much work to do, but there are some things thatare bouncing back-

Rhubarb returns! Yeeeeeeehaw!

Lots of strawberrys comming back!

Beautiful spicy Korean Red Garlic planted last October is up and healthy!!! Whoooohoooo!

I have some rasberry canes comming to life as weel as som sage from last year, that I didnt think would make it.
DSC00160.JPG (829kb) downloaded 950 time(s).
DSC00161.JPG (830kb) downloaded 953 time(s).
DSC00162.JPG (834kb) downloaded 946 time(s).
DSC00163.JPG (870kb) downloaded 921 time(s).
Ice House is an alter ego. The threads, postings, replys, statements, stories, and private messages made by Ice House are 100% unadulterated Bull Shit. Every aspect of the Username Ice House is pure fiction. Any likeness to SWIM or any real person is purely coincidental. The creator of Ice House does not condone or participate in any illicit activity what so ever. The makebelieve character known as Ice House is owned and operated by SWIM and should not be used without SWIM's expressed written consent.

Ios Andronikos
#3 Posted : 4/16/2011 12:36:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Ice House

Sounds like you've got a nice place out there in the sticks...
Its always nice to see new growth after a long winter...
Spring sprung here as well last week but its now sprung away again now...

Ios

Ice House
#4 Posted : 4/16/2011 12:46:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Anotherthing that spring in Ice House is new little baby critters!!! Whooooo HOOOOO!

We raise eggs for local sale and consumption. We are also raising a couple dozen fryers.

Right now my count is at 14 laying hens, 28 laying poults, and 24 fryers that will be harvested in about 8 weeks

Organic and truely free range
DSC00168.JPG (2,840kb) downloaded 903 time(s).

Ice House
#5 Posted : 4/16/2011 12:56:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One of my favorite things I do at Ice House is raise Turkeys. We carried over Tom and Turkey Girl from last years birds to be the leaders of a new turkey flock.

Sorry folks the turkeys do get harvested.

A bit of good news is Tom and Turkey Girl will never go under the axe. They are to be icons here at Ice House.

Here are some pics of my new flock, these are double breasted bronze tukeys.
DSC00175.JPG (803kb) downloaded 896 time(s).
DSC00176.JPG (2,676kb) downloaded 889 time(s).
DSC00166.JPG (2,873kb) downloaded 885 time(s).
DSC00191.JPG (2,539kb) downloaded 876 time(s).

Once
#6 Posted : 4/16/2011 1:02:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome! One day I hope to get some land in the middle of nowhere...
Congratulations for making it happen, livin' the dream.
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

Ice House
#7 Posted : 4/16/2011 1:12:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK,

Now its time for and Ice Houe Showed you how moment!

Check out the picture. Yep! Same thing allot of people think when they see em in other folks yards.

Strategically placed in the Ice House Garden this becomes an awesome platform for trellising beans of all sorts! This was one of the best pick ups I've gotten for my garden. I've grown beans on it for the last two years and it works great. I just tie string at the top and anchor it down below at an angle. Growing at an angle gives them better sun exposure and I align the long axis of it east west.
DSC00171.JPG (832kb) downloaded 875 time(s).

clearlyone
#8 Posted : 4/16/2011 1:12:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Seems your following your heart. Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing!
"Blinded by their own sight, hearing, feeling, and knowing, they don't perceive the radiance of the source. If they could eliminate all conceptual thinking, this source would appear, like the sun rising through the empty sky and illuminating the whole universe." - Huang Po

Ice House
#9 Posted : 4/16/2011 1:22:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did I mention we compost here at Ice House?

lol

Peeking inside a persons compost bin ya never know what yer gonna find
DSC00167.JPG (797kb) downloaded 867 time(s).

jamie
#10 Posted : 4/16/2011 1:39:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

you Mr Ice house are my current hero. I wish I had garden space like that..Right now I must settle for my plot of entheogens sitting in my huge bay window, and small area outside my appartment..thank god Im on the bottom floor and have some garden space. Until I have a house it's this and forraging..
Long live the unwoke.

Shadowman-x
#11 Posted : 4/16/2011 3:38:06 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Mad props! Huge high five dude, you are living the right life. inspiring!
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Rivea
#12 Posted : 4/16/2011 4:17:24 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Nice spread. I am sure it is a fair amount of work too, but it is worth it. I love the recycling of the old iron bath tub. A large planter is a cool reuse.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Mitakuye Oyasin
#13 Posted : 4/16/2011 6:20:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool spread Ice House and nice use of space. is that Mary Jane in your compost pile? If so I hope you made the most of her before composting. I love my ice hash and honey oils made from trim. :-)
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

olympus mon
#14 Posted : 4/16/2011 6:56:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

icehouse- wow!!!! your property and manner of living are so beautiful!!!! i get such great vibes from you and your wife, it was an honor to have been fortunate enough to have met you both.

sustainable living is quite a labor of love i imagine and you don't seem to have any shortages in that department!
i look forward to sharing good conversations with you very soon. Very happy

thabk you for sharing and inspiring others with these pics and words. your a good man.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

Bill Cipher
#15 Posted : 4/16/2011 7:11:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is all just crazy, man. More power to you, brotha.

idtravlr
#16 Posted : 4/16/2011 11:57:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful Ice House! You inspire me brother! Someday I wish to grow the balls to break away from the "make believe" world for a life such as yours. Congrats!!

On a related note. Now I get what the turkey profile pic is all about. LOVE it! Pleased

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

joedirt
#17 Posted : 4/16/2011 2:07:51 PM

Not I

The word jealous comes to mind.

Congratulations for having the courage of your convictions. I'm hoping to soon follow in your footsteps on a slightly less grand scale.

Peace
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

polytrip
#18 Posted : 4/16/2011 2:09:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Beautyfull.

My gardening tip would be: don't bother too much about snails and bugs. When plants are under attack they start producing their own insecticides wich often means having a spicier plant. Almost any herb or vegetable becomes tastier when snails start having a go at them. just put them somewhere else when it get's too bad.

proto-pax
#19 Posted : 4/16/2011 3:21:34 PM

bird-brain

Alternatively use a buffer of marigolds around your garden. It helps with pests.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

Phlux-
#20 Posted : 4/16/2011 3:37:23 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

nice one - got a worm farm goin yet ?
dont think iv ever seen a lil turkey haha
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

123NEXT»