We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
peanut butter textured dmt Options

eyemballsdeep
#1 Posted : 4/14/2011 11:43:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

howdy-

this is my first post on this website and I would like to thank everyone on here for being so supportive of something so great. Now to my dilemma - My first extraction went semi well and semi failed. I ended up with about .8 of tan/white very potent dmt and a shit load of oil that wasnt soo nice ( due to me having condensation in my seperatory funnel) ...I thought I would have it down this time around for my second attempt....heres what I did- 1 pound of mhrb was soaked in straight vinegar for 2 days followed by 6 hrs in the crock pot on high.... a little less than 1 pound of sodium hydroxide/300ml water was added, followed by 200 ml of xylene and was pulled 4 times.. i ended up with 6 grams decently potent brown-orangish tarry material - a little thicker than peanut butter. While evaporating i noticed crystals forming, however it seemed to take days for the entire pan to crystalize...will it be possible to dry this out any further? any help would be greatly appreciated .

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/14/2011 11:50:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

If you feel like joining the community, be sure to write an introduction essay so we can start getting to know you more Smile

Regarding your extraction, thats normal when pulling with xylene, because it also pulls some plant oils that dont really crystallize. Also it may happen that some solvent is trapped underneath the oil/dmt and this makes it not dry out, so if you keep scrapping/rescrapping it will harden up more.

Another idea is to use some acetone or ethanol or IPA to redissolve it and re-evaporate, which will help getting rid of the solvent traces. I recommend doing this in any case because xylene is nasty Razz

Good luck!

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 4/15/2011 1:49:45 AM

The Great Namah

Please check out recrystallization and purification of "jungle spice".

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

proto-pax
#4 Posted : 4/15/2011 5:00:04 AM

bird-brain

I'd add a bit more water too I think. 300 ml seems like way to little for a pound of bark. I use like 2.5 liters for a pound of bark.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that