We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia Divinorum Options

Periphery
#1 Posted : 4/14/2011 7:55:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It is widely available in my area from 20x to 120x. I have never ingested salvia before and wanted to know if anyone has experiences they would like to share. Helpful information on how best to acheive the peak of the drug, and safety precautions before, while, and after taking the drug would be helpful too! Very happy Thanks for your time!

Periphery
P

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ewok
#2 Posted : 4/14/2011 8:04:37 PM

hey
I think this is a must read if new to salvia https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=17079. Some very good informatio to start you off.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Periphery
#3 Posted : 4/14/2011 8:08:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks alor for the input man. But unfortunately I can't access that thread! Sad I'm still restricted (N)
P

Mister_Niles
#4 Posted : 4/14/2011 8:12:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm. I can't see it either. I wonder why that is.

There's a subforum on Salvia. Can you get in there?
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Periphery
#5 Posted : 4/14/2011 8:22:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very helpful Niles, thanks for directing me!
P

ewok
#6 Posted : 4/14/2011 10:58:41 PM

the link is now also saying access denied for me, it was just the stickey on doseage in the salvia subforum. Wish I had that info when I first tried it.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Metanoia
#7 Posted : 4/15/2011 2:00:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, the dosage thread by gibran is a must read for anyone new to Salvia.

My advice is to start small with dosage (as that thread will tell you) and to do it in a very comfortable place, like your bedroom or living room. Have someone there to watch you who isn't going to interfere with the trip in anyway, other than to stop you from harming yourself. Try to keep your eyes closed and have the lights dimmed or off completely.

Smoking Technique: hold the flame on the material the entire time you inhale. A water bong or pipe is preferred to cool the smoke. Hold your hit for at least 15 seconds.

Be safe and good luck!

z0mbie
#8 Posted : 4/15/2011 3:33:54 AM

Buy the ticket, take the ride

The best way to achieve peak effects would definitely be to smoke it out of a water bong. Have a sitter ready to take the piece away from you when you are through smoking it. You should also consider trying to do it all in one hit. I always find it to be a very wild experience so get ready to be blasted off Razz
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. The others--the living--are those who pushed their control as far as they felt they could handle it, and then pulled back, or slowed down, or did whatever they had to when it came time to choose between now and later - HST

EbuGogo
#9 Posted : 4/15/2011 8:11:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The name of the game is respect with Salvia, as far as I'm concerned. I don't see any harm with stating your intent, as is recommended for ayahuasca ceremonies. Personally I haven't had a full breakthough yet, intentionally though, as I'm still enjoying using it as a meditation enhancer. I can go a long way on a bowl of 5x! With music and a calm approach I can coast along in blissful meditation for an hour, I can get questions answered and dabble a little in the Salvia carnival without getting too lost.
First experience was my most intense though, because I'd tried once before with regular leaf and got nothing, so I tried 5x not expecting much
One toke...
Two tokes
(cough!)
Three tokes and before exhaling I thought...something's different
Oh! Er - no, everything's different
(I likened it to stepping out of the room for a split second and when you come back in someone's rearranged all the furniture)
What do I do now?
*Breathe out
Didn't I do that yet?
*No
Do I know how to do that?
*Yes
Something pushed against my lungs then, and I was happy to realise I did still know how to do that Pleased

My experiences on salvia have had a very strong flavour of 'been there before' which I think is common, something from childhood, I don't know what exactly, it's just tantalisingly out of reach. I 'see' time in discrete pockets (oer there is a different timespace to here) and I 'see' structures around me in 3D, sitting on the bed that time I could see the outline all around me in my minds eye, edges which started bleeding backwards in greem and purple ripples and pulling me back with it. I wasn't ready to go, I didn't know it would be this fast and I'm unprepared. I try to get up off the bed to get help, from someone, I'm scared about how fast and intense it seems to be but something stops me, tells me it's ok, I find myself reciting a chant over and over in an unknown language and there's a maternal presence looking after me.
It's always been ok since, now I know how fast it hits, but I still take it carefully - I have loads and there's no rush. I have my own plant too, which I have the most special affection for - I think the salvia goddess would be satisfied with that Smile
The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow

nickynack338
#10 Posted : 4/15/2011 8:34:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here is a great talk Terence Mckenna gave on salvia.
http://www.youtube.com/w...ture=channel_video_title

One thing i recommend you do (if available) is to chew the fresh leaves as a quid. The tribe(s) to whom salvia is sacred, say that the act of drying kills the goddess which resides inside of the plant. What you are getting is not the true shepherdess when you smoke it.
Also, the 40 minute trip you get from this type of ingestion is much more powerful than smoking the leaves.

tigerstrike92
#11 Posted : 4/22/2011 1:34:58 AM

Homo-divinorum

My first time was with 20x, and I would highly recommend smoking it out of a water bong with extra cold water in it. As salvia burns very hot, it is quite difficult to keep the smoke in without coughing it up in the first 20 seconds. Use a butane lighter if you can, and if you cant then just keep the flame on the plant material the entire time. Whatever you do, do NOT try and fight it. It may feel as though you life is a page being ripped out of the book of reality, but just let go, and Lady Sally will ensure you make it back home when the time is right.

P.S. EbuGogo was pretty spot on.
Let the plants guide you, for they teach lessons beyond what we humans can offer.
Distorted is our perception of reality, because reality is much more distorted than we could ever perceive it to be.

All posts made by this username do not actually exist. They are hallucinations caused by the reception of light photons by the retinae of homo sapien sapien. You are already inside the rabbit hole.

Follow the path you have chosen, travelers, you will not regret the outcome, that I can assure you.