We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Landing here Options

Runes
#1 Posted : 4/11/2011 8:44:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi

I found this forum some time ago, and I am reading and learning from it since that day. Not only the overwhelming amount of good thoughts found here, but also the friendly and respectful attitude I see members have to each other, gives me the confidence, that this is a good place to contribute.

Well, here is something about myself: I am about in the middle of my live (well, I can't know this of course, it's just the number of my living years is around half of the statistically expected lifetime of human beings Pleased) and I guess, that this second half will be at least as exciting and obscure as the first half has been so far. Especially (but not only) because I decided to start trippin with DMT.

I have rarely been so excited before trying something new. Except maybe when I took my first Lucy trip 20 years ago....

I'd like to discuss some questions I have, before going on my first journey. Or maybe I just wish to be recorded in your community, before leaving into the unknown. You know, it feels kinda weird, not knowing anything for sure about where I will be and how long it will take (:-).
Somehow I feel a great confidence, if not to say genuineness about it, since this is obviously like a nature given gift in a very literal sense. But on the other hand, I have some cautiousness, because I had learned on Lucy, how hard it is for me to surrender and give in to the trip. I was always struggling with this, which led to inner fights during my trips, frantically wanting to hold myself, in order not to loose everything. That's why I decided to have a break with Psychedelics 20 years ago.

Now the break is over. I feel much stronger now, but also able to be more devoted to the unknown (does this make sense?).
In contrast to Lucy, I expect DMT to be able to flush me away, not giving my mind any chance to start struggling.

Enough said. I am looking forward to become a true member of your community and to share things about what is life all about.

Best wishes Smile
Runes

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/11/2011 8:49:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

Respect and caution is a good thing when coming to these substances, recklessness would be recipe for disaster. At the same time remember to let go when you take the plunge, and experience everything that comes openly. When coming back, integration is essential, do read our health and safety section (in the wiki), in particular the integration part.

Are you considering vaporized dmt, or oral too? What about extractions, whats your plan regarding that?

Good luck! Hope when you do try, you come back telling us how great it was Smile

hiimcam
#3 Posted : 4/11/2011 1:42:33 PM

Cam

Hi runes. Sounds like you have a pretty good pre-existing background for DMT experimentation!

Experience with LSD will put you in a 100 times better mindset than someone with no LSD experience. LSD is considered MUCH harder to deal with. DMT only last a few minutes when smoked, so it's not nearly as difficult to grapple with (mentally/emotionally)

How do you plan on blasting ofF?

I'd recommend (not from personal experience of course) a water bong, with ice in it, and pack a cone of caapi, weed, tobacco (this is a pretty intense way to go about it, the backy will give you an epic headspin at the same time as the DMT!) or parsely.

works well (I hear).

My friend has found a third of a point is a perfect dose of free-base crystall form DMT. i.e. 0.03grams, or 2-3 "spoonfulls" from a cut straw Smile

It'll change your life.

oh, and hold the smoke in as long as comfortably possible, then hold on(!), and remember no matter how intense, it'll ALWAYS come to an end...

good luck mate!

love.
Ad Astra Per Aspera - "To the stars through struggle"
living by love and knowledge, encouraging others to join. Smile
Perth, Western Australia.

Runes
#4 Posted : 4/11/2011 5:19:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Are you considering vaporized dmt, or oral too? What about extractions, whats your plan regarding that?

Yes, at first I will vaporize it pure. Next will be enhanced leafes (if I'm still in the mood to, of course). Currently I think orally with MAOI seems to be too long (in duration). But we never know...

I already have a bunch of Freebase Spice, which I plan to try by the end of this week Smile

hiimcam wrote:
How do you plan on blasting ofF?

I read and thought of it a lot. I have a brand new VaporGenie Glass and I give it a try using an inset like it's used in The Machine (something like steel wool). I tried it without spice inside, and I am confident, that the temperature could be right, and the smell will not be too harsh.

Thanks about your thoughts about LSD in comparison to DMT. That helps me reducing my fears a lot.

See you!
Runes

ewok
#5 Posted : 4/11/2011 8:13:01 PM

Experience with LSD will put you in a 100 times better mindset than someone with no LSD experience. LSD is considered MUCH harder to deal with. DMT only last a few minutes when smoked, so it's not nearly as difficult to grapple with (mentally/emotionally)

Dmt IMO can be far harder to deal with than LSD, Yeah its shorter when smoked but it can rip you world and everything you thought you know apart. which can be pretty hard to deal with.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Runes
#6 Posted : 4/12/2011 12:17:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ewok wrote:

Dmt IMO can be far harder to deal with than LSD, Yeah its shorter when smoked but it can rip you world and everything you thought you know apart. which can be pretty hard to deal with.

You make the point.... Smile

This opens the question of proper integration of such experiences. But still I think that DMT might help people like me to surrender on a trip and just let it happen. My deepest problem I experienced on LSD was based on the fact, that I could not let go.

Maybe you are right: maybe my inner need to keep control of myself on Lucy trips, is in fact a sign that I could not handle Ego-decomposition in a healthy way. If that is the case, I might be lost forever right after after my first DMT trip. I don't know why, but I don't believe that this will happen.

It's like an inexplicable faith. I just deny to believe it....

ewok
#7 Posted : 4/12/2011 2:08:11 AM

starting with small doses and building it up, and not taking to often to allow time for proper intergration is the key IME. Give it respect and it will show it in return.
Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
Red and yellow then came to be,
reaching out to me, lets me see.
There is so much more and it beckons me to look though to these,
infinite possibilities.
As below so above and beyond I imagine,
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Runes
#8 Posted : 4/13/2011 4:57:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you suggest to repeat the ingestion several times with higher doses each time? Already for the first time?
How are previous doses influence the next ones? Do I have to reduce dose after the first toke in order not to overdose?