We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
10 grams of rootbark. effects, etc. Options

polytrip
#1 Posted : 4/10/2011 12:59:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Last evening around nine, i ate 10 grams of powedered iboga rootbark.
I'm still somewhat intoxicated.

Iboga in this amount had more simmilarities with classic hallucinogens such as DMT than in lower doses. Especially the brightness of the visuals was reminiscent of them. I saw many charicature-like images like i also have sometimes on shrooms or LSD.
But there are some other effects as well and more effects also, than i ever experienced before with iboga.

This is what happened: iate the stuff, waited and became more and more sedated as i experienced before. Then it seemed to halt. I thought that i had failed to launch. So i stood up to make tea and then.....

The perspective of the room changed dramatically and i heard a weird electric buzz sound in wich i seemed to dissolve.
That sound. And then i noticed that everytime i move, even if it's just my little toe, there is that sound!!

My mind became more chaotic than it probably ever was. There was a blur of images Pulsating lights, balls of light, beams and they where completely meaningless. But also very weird visual phenomena and cognitive phenomena.

On the cognitive and mental plain, iboga is extremely potent stuff i experienced.
There was a momen for instance, that i tried to draw a solid line between reality and iboga-reality. I had something like: " i could easily detect an iboga-visual from real life if it would suddenly pop-up next to that thing over there...Wait a minute..that thing..What is that thing?"

Well, i feel i need to lay down for now. So i'll report further if i'm back up again.

well, i just had to puke, so i'm gonna logout and lay flat for a while.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

polytrip
#2 Posted : 4/10/2011 6:25:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's now some hours later again, and i'm still hearing the electric buzz sound.
My movements are still a bit those of a drunk man. The major mindfuck has so far subsided, because in my opinion iboga is a pretty mindfucking substance. It's chaos, the dozens of ways in wich you can hallucinate.

But what i will remember most of all is that sound and the feeling it gives. It's realy the feeling of constantly dissolving, vanishing, sliding away into total emptyness or maybe some half-counscious trance. While being very aware of the fact that this is happening to you.

Iboga has it's own characteristic carrier wave in this humming sound.
It is by far not as beautyfull and rich a sound as the DMT carrierwave, but in how your entire existence melts into that sound that comes to completely soak you into it, it is many times more powerfull than DMT. It's totally hypnotic, you become weak, tranced.
And throughout the whole ride you will feel yourself slipping away.

The visual hallucinations where extremely diverse. Often i was having several different types of visual hallucinations at the same time, crossing eachother.

Need some more rest now...

Shpongle
#3 Posted : 4/10/2011 6:48:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SOunds like you had a pretty great time, I read this post because I've been thinking about trying Iboga in small amounts only because I've heard so many different descriptions of the trip, this seems that it went alright! Smile Razz Smile
A great deal of meditation is required

Fear the Journey not the cops

FunFUnFUN

polytrip
#4 Posted : 4/11/2011 12:05:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, i believe i'm more or less sober now, and exhausted.

This is the odd thing: when i ate the bark, i didn't have to vomit and there was no unpleasant nausea etc. Only AFTER the major psychedelic stage had passed and i was just dazed-out, having only mild psychedelic 'noise' left in my head, the purging started and it went on for hours. I had to hydrate myself as much as i could, because multiple times my entire stomach content went out totally. Everytime i tried to eat a little, it went out again. I've lost count how many times that happened.

And then: a new visual phenomenon that is easily one of the weirdest and most spectacular visuals that i've ever seen. Everytime my eyes moved, the contours of the picture in my visual field addapted gradually by becoming white flashing (it realy seemed there where dozens of flashlights in my house) beams that fluidly melted with the contours of my new visual image. While this was happening, besides spectacular flashes of light that where seen, the zones in my visual field that where being adapted became liquified, while they where fluidly adapted.

And oh, i discovered that i'd actually eaten a little more than 10 grams of the stuff. I had 16 grams and i have only 4 grams left now, so i took a little more than i had planned.

I think my initial fears where justified. Iboga is extremely potent stuff and the purge is quite a challenge. It's interesting stuff, but it's a very rough ride that lasts for more than 30 hours. I feel that my initial feeling, the first time i experimented with iboga, taking a micro-dose with ayahuasca, was spot on about it's dark side. It does have a dark side, i feel, wich is that you never quite realise exactly how far out your mind actually is. You realise that you've taken powerfull stuff and all, but you don't realise how deep it's taking you wich is always just a little deeper than you think.

polytrip
#5 Posted : 4/12/2011 12:26:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Looking back at it now, i'm a bit sorry that i didn't have a guide who's experienced with iboga with me, because i feel i may have gotten deeper into that world if someone would have guided me through it.
Iboga is so immersive and powerfull that it's just hard to manouvre yourself through it psychologically.

The degree of immersiveness is something you just cannot picture if you haven't experienced it for yourself.

This has not been the most pleasant psychedelic experience i ever had, but it is probably one of my greatest psychedelic adventures if not the greatest so far. Because it is realy an adventurous thing.