We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Appropriate forum jargon (discretion in trip reports) Options

SnozzleBerry
#21 Posted : 4/19/2011 2:56:48 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

SWIM is pointless...disclaimers in your signature are pointless (but fun/amusing nonetheless). As acknowledged numerous times, in numerous places SWIM = Someone Who Is Me just as easily as it = Someone Who Isn't Me

The reason that I say SWIM is pointless is because its intended point/purpose would be to provide legal protection, and put simply:
It provide none (zero, zip, nada)

So have fun SWIMming, but know that it's no legal life-boat.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jbark
#22 Posted : 4/19/2011 3:14:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SIG

NATURE
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Enoon
#23 Posted : 4/19/2011 3:27:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

It always makes me feel a bit schizophrenic when I refer to myself as someone who isn't me. I feel like I'm slipping into the deranged world of one of Philip K. Dick's characters, losing touch with reality. I don't see the point in using it though, other than messing with my identity...

that being said, of course, these were SWIM's words, who the hell am I anyway? If SWIM isn't me, then who is?
* Enoon shakes head in confusion
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

humana
#24 Posted : 4/19/2011 6:34:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's nice to get some clarity on this issue from the more experienced posters. I have only been using it so far as it seems to be the done thing from reading other forums on similar subjects, so I kind of assumed it would be expected (but not required) here also.

Now that I know it isn't, and that it only serves to annoy, I (yes, I!) shall stop using it.

Jugdish Jugemu
#25 Posted : 4/20/2011 8:12:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
It always makes me feel a bit schizophrenic when I refer to myself as someone who isn't me. I feel like I'm slipping into the deranged world of one of Philip K. Dick's characters, losing touch with reality. I don't see the point in using it though, other than messing with my identity...

that being said, of course, these were SWIM's words, who the hell am I anyway? If SWIM isn't me, then who is?
* Enoon shakes head in confusion

Great insight!

Now that I know who I am and am not now, how about these magical substances, who are they? What do you folks call these substances in everyday speech? I'm enough of a hippie that "drugs" is starting to sound more and more harsh, and, more importantly, horribly inaccurate from most points of view. I don't like "sacred medicines" because "medicines" can be synonymous for "drugs"; and if "drugs" is an inaccurate name, then, by flimsy logic, "medicines" must be too.

"Sacrament" was a word that got tossed around with some friends and I when we were first experimenting with some of these substances.
Wikipedia's definition of sacrament wrote:
A sacrament is a sacred rite recognized as of particular importance and significance. There are various views on the existence and meaning of such rites.

That works for me, and I like some of Dictionary.com's definition of "sacred":
Dictionary.com wrote:
entitled to veneration or religious respect by association with divinity or divine things; holy.

reverently dedicated to some person, purpose, or object: a morning hour sacred to study.

regarded with reverence: the sacred memory of a dead hero.

So "sacred sacraments" for SWIM, er, me. What would SWIY potentially call these substances?

xebiche
#26 Posted : 4/22/2011 12:56:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

People do it to protect themselves from potential prosecution. However, the moniker SWIM does stand for "someone who is me", so essentially it can be argued that SWIM is a pronoun for self. However, the matter is legally moot because prosecuting someone for the content of their posts is 100% inadmissible. There is NO need to use the word SWIM. It will never-ever make or break you even if you found yourself and your hard drive in a courtroom. By using the moniker "SWIM" you will be in the same exact position legally as if you were using the moniker "I".., Absolutely Zero.
Honor The Game And It Will Honor You Back

PREV12