We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
NN DMT VS. 5-MEO-DMT Options

Dwhitty76
#1 Posted : 9/1/2008 7:21:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

my experience with nn dmt,only goes back a few months and has become a life changing experience (even w/ over 15 yrs. worth of psychedelic experience).

I dont have any experience with 5-meo-dmt and recently found a vendor that offered it, and i was thinking of picking up some.

I've heard that it is less visual and it is active at much lower doses but i wanted to ask some of the experienced members of this wonderful forum;

What is the main difference between nn dmt and 5-meo-dmt?

Do you guy/gals prefer one over the other, and why?

Is it worth me dishing out $100 USD for 250ml?

I realize that it wouldnt take me much to extract but before i think of even going that route, i though i might want to try already synthed product from a reputable vendor,just to try.

If its like nn dmt w/out the visuals,i wouldnt want to give up the beautful color and light or is there something else to 5-meo that i dont realize?

I just wanted to get the advice from some of the experienced and helpful members of this plece Smile
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Attention All Shipping
#2 Posted : 9/1/2008 1:28:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You can't really compare 5-MEO-DMT to DMT - they are nothing like each other, the 5M is much rougher and less enjoyable with a lot more bodyload. It may be only my personal experiences but I find 5-MEO-DMT has an edge of paranoia and fear to it in its after effects, and causes more mental agitation than calmness. I tried some recently for the first time in a while and while mildly pleasant (once you get over the grating, struggling aspect to it in the come-up & peak that is quite different to DMT) I'd take DMT in place of 5-MEO-DMT every time.
I suppose its worth trying, even if only once (and doesage is a serious factor so you'd probably try it more than one anyway), and 250mg will last you a decent period of time, though whether you reckon its worth $100 is really up to you, personally if I had none I probably wouldn't bother picking up more.
Check out erowid for more detailed or objective info on effects & how the 2 differ.

Hux
#3 Posted : 9/1/2008 3:13:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've only smoked a small dose of 5-Meo-DMT but it was a wonderful, if slightly dissapointing expeirence. I say dissapointing, because it was my firest time smoking any form of DMT and was expecting the physical world to fall away, to be blown into another universe, but it was a smaller dose than I thought. However, there was a wonderful euphoria, everything felt perfect, my whole body felt wonderful as I fell into the familiar DMT headspace, that has always felt so familiar, yet so strange, even when I'd never done it before.

flyboy
#4 Posted : 9/1/2008 5:09:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

swims been dying to try 5meo as evidence by numerous attempts posted at extracting it from chaliponga.

I hear it's very opposite NN dmt, actually my ethnobotanical supplier says you "fall in" not get "blowin out", and "in" is not all that pleasant... supposed to be "empty" in there... some call it "the void", one guy said on the nexus that he "dissapeared". Finally, a common theme is objects become "detached from each other" rather than "coming together unified" and reports are the world seems like a cheap old two-dimesional cartoon. Many people reported they could not open their eyes, and when they tried the outside world was so frightening, they were compelled to shut them again.... not unlike salvia extract as compared by a few. I must have read 100s postings from people discussing 5meo by now, those are the similarities i read over and over again. Sounds like a must-try but perhaps not a go-back-to.

A few people described a sense of peace and tranquility, but nobody has said it beats NN DMT. A few people say it is more like lsd than dmt. My feeling is, nothing is more extraordinary than NN DMT (for now), any greater than spice... well... 'nuff said, right.

69ron
#5 Posted : 9/1/2008 8:25:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Look at the following thread on this forum. It talks in depth about the difference and gives trip reports to give you some idea of what 5-MeO-DMT does compared with DMT and 5-HO-DMT. Most of what's there was posted by SWIM, so there's a lot of SWIM's personal take on the subject. I would like more people to contribute there if possible.

DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine) – What’s the difference?

SWIM used it yesterday sublingually at an amusement park and had a great time on the roller coaster! It was like riding for the very first time. It was a beautiful euphoric experience. SWIM usually just takes 5 mg doses sublingually. Higher doses get really weird. Read some of SWIM’s report in that thread above and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

It’s very different from DMT and weirder than LSD, but SWIM likes it very much. He’s has had some really beautiful experiences from it sublingually. But he doesn’t like it when smoked, in which it’s almost a completely different experience full of chaos and mental confusion. It’s no fun that way. Snort it or take it sublingually for the best it has to offer.

The reason most people don't like it is because they try it my smoking it. It's just plain awful that way, sort of like smoking salvia. Take it sublingually or snort it and it’s a beautiful experience, right up there with DMT, LSD, shrooms, mescaline and 5-HO-DMT.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Attention All Shipping
#6 Posted : 9/3/2008 1:10:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very interesting info in the other thread on sublingual 5-MEO-DMT, I think that I may give it a try with sublingual absorption rather than smoking as it seems a very different experience.
69ron, what benefit do you feel mixing it with calcium carbonate provides? does it reduce the amount of 5-Meo needed to feel the effects, if so by how much?

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 9/3/2008 2:24:54 PM

The Great Namah

Quote:
Take it sublingually or snort it and it’s a beautiful experience, right up there with DMT, LSD, shrooms, mescaline and 5-HO-DMT.

I once again have to disagree with you on this 69Ron. While sublingual or intranasal 5-meo-dmt is a very pleasant and euphoric experience, for me, it doesn't come anywhere close to the depth or intensity of any of the psycadelics you mentioned with Mescaline and DMT at the top of the charts for me.

At lower intranasal doses 5-MEO-DMT is like a nice 45 minute mood lift with some weird mental psycadelica, but not a mind blowing, life changing, wonder that are the big 4 (DMT, mescaline, mushrooms, and LSD). Higher doses taken any way are just unpleasant for me. If you are able to have life changing experiences on 5-meo-dmt 69Ron, that is wonderful! I'm glad that this chemical can give you so much. I'm sure others feel the same way as you, but not everyone does....it seems to be a hit or miss chemical for many.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

69ron
#8 Posted : 9/3/2008 8:47:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Attention All Shipping wrote:
Very interesting info in the other thread on sublingual 5-MEO-DMT, I think that I may give it a try with sublingual absorption rather than smoking as it seems a very different experience.
69ron, what benefit do you feel mixing it with calcium carbonate provides? does it reduce the amount of 5-Meo needed to feel the effects, if so by how much?

There are three reasons for adding calcium carbonate:

1) it keeps the pH of the mouth high, making the 5-MeO-DMT absorb faster.

2) By dissolving the 5-MeO-DMT into the calcium carbonate, it’s easier to measure the dosage accurately because it’s more diluted. A 10:1 dilution ratio is good. This way you measure out the dosage as 50 mg equaling 5 mg of 5-MeO-DMT.

3) By being diluted with calcium carbonate (which isn’t soluble in water so it doesn’t dissolve in the mouth easily), it helps prevent the 5-MeO-DMT from lumping together, again, aiding absorption.

acolon_5 wrote:
Quote:
Take it sublingually or snort it and it’s a beautiful experience, right up there with DMT, LSD, shrooms, mescaline and 5-HO-DMT.

I once again have to disagree with you on this 69Ron. While sublingual or intranasal 5-meo-dmt is a very pleasant and euphoric experience, for me, it doesn't come anywhere close to the depth or intensity of any of the psycadelics you mentioned with Mescaline and DMT at the top of the charts for me.

At lower intranasal doses 5-MEO-DMT is like a nice 45 minute mood lift with some weird mental psycadelica, but not a mind blowing, life changing, wonder that are the big 4 (DMT, mescaline, mushrooms, and LSD). Higher doses taken any way are just unpleasant for me. If you are able to have life changing experiences on 5-meo-dmt 69Ron, that is wonderful! I'm glad that this chemical can give you so much. I'm sure others feel the same way as you, but not everyone does....it seems to be a hit or miss chemical for many.

Individual reactions to 5-MeO-DMT vary quite a bit.

Some people find 5-MeO-DMT to be extremely pleasant, others hate it. Most of the people who find it unpleasant tried it by smoking it. SWIM can’t stand it that way.

5-MeO-DMT is a little unpredictable. SWIM didn’t like it at first until he tried it sublingually many times. The first few times he got only dissociative effects from it and couldn’t see why people called it psychedelic. However, the more SWIM tried it, the more psychedelic it became. I’m not sure why that is.

Over time, after using it sublingually many times, SWIM has found 5-MeO-DMT to be one of his favorite psychedelics. It takes some getting used to. It’s quite different from the rest.

Acolon, have you posted experiences with it on this forum?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dwhitty76
#9 Posted : 9/3/2008 10:40:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

when taking sublingually,is any maoi required ?

I dont know if anyone hear has experience w/rc vendors and i really (right now anyway)dont feel like going through an extraction for meo and have plenty of mhrb so my attention is focussed there with nn.None the less,i would like to try it.

My main concern is the quality and type of meo it is.I know when insufulated (spelling?) dmt,a lot of people prefer it in salt form because,it's not as harsh on shnoz,altough potecy isnt as high.

I'm sure a lot of it depends on the vendor. A certain amount of risk is being taken by putting faith in the person who made it.

Does anyone have experience with these vendors? is 250ml of 5-meo worth $100?

I'm just trying to weigh out the pros and cons.

If i do it, i probably will follow 69rons advice on insufulation because i have heard mixed stories about smoke 5-meo.I also like the more gradual high that last's longer than a blast that doesnt last as long,although i most likely would try both way's.

The company has been around a while ,so i would assume whoever is extracting knows what they are doing,what do you all think?

Also,what would be a good starting dose,if insufulated (Erowid sais 8mg w/an hr expected trip),sound right?
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

69ron
#10 Posted : 9/4/2008 3:54:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dwhitty76 wrote:
when taking sublingually,is any maoi required ?

No MAOI is needed, but an MAOI will double the strength of it and make the trip last many times longer

Dwhitty76 wrote:
I dont know if anyone hear has experience w/rc vendors and i really (right now anyway)dont feel like going through an extraction for meo and have plenty of mhrb so my attention is focussed there with nn.None the less,i would like to try it.

My main concern is the quality and type of meo it is.I know when insufulated (spelling?) dmt,a lot of people prefer it in salt form because,it's not as harsh on shnoz,altough potecy isnt as high.

I'm sure a lot of it depends on the vendor. A certain amount of risk is being taken by putting faith in the person who made it.

SWIM doesn’t like buying things like that unless the vendor is very reliable. He prefers to extract it from chaliponga.

Dwhitty76 wrote:
Does anyone have experience with these vendors? is 250ml of 5-meo worth $100?

Don’t you mean 250 mg?

Dwhitty76 wrote:
I'm just trying to weigh out the pros and cons.

If i do it, i probably will follow 69rons advice on insufulation because i have heard mixed stories about smoke 5-meo.I also like the more gradual high that last's longer than a blast that doesnt last as long,although i most likely would try both way's.

The company has been around a while ,so i would assume whoever is extracting knows what they are doing,what do you all think?

Also,what would be a good starting dose,if insufulated (Erowid sais 8mg w/an hr expected trip),sound right?

It’s about 45 minutes normally if it’s freebase, and about 1 hour if it’s a salt form. Up to 3 hours with an MAOI like harmine (that’s from SWIM’s personal experience using 1.5 mg sublingually with 7 mg of freebase harmine). Harmine changes the experience though.

Be careful with 8 mg. That’s a whopping dose for some people. Start with no more than 5 mg for the first try. Also make sure you know what form it is in. 8 mg of freebase 5-MeO-DMT is as strong as 15 mg of 5-MeO-DMT citrate, but also hits you faster and harder so it feels stronger.

The salt forms don’t burn as much, but are less potent for two reasons. First of all, they take longer to absorb, which is actually a plus because that also makes the trip last a little longer, and delays the onset and peak of the experience a little bit. The downside of that is because it takes longer to absorb, it’s slightly less potent. Then the other reason it’s less potent is because, obviously, it’s been made heavier by the addition of an inactive acid. Make sure you find out which salt form it is before using it and calculate out the dose based on that. With 5-MeO-DMT the difference between an 8 mg trip and a 10 mg trip is quite noticeable. While 8 mg might be perfect, 10 mg might feel like an overdose.

With 5-MeO-DMT individual sensitivity varies a lot. 15 mg sublingually (under the tongue) could be a mild dose for some people, and an extremely frightening experience for others.

When SWIM takes only 5 mg of freebase 5-MeO-DMT sublingually with 45 mg of calcium carbonate, it’s a very nice trip for SWIM. That’s enough to really get the feel of it. For SWIM that dose causes strong mental psychedelic effects, mild visual distortion, extreme euphoria, dark closed eye visions (no visuals, just visions), and causes things in his environment to appear to be alive and moving. For example, still photos appear to be 3D and look like they’re breathing, statues seem to be watching you, etc. It’s A LOT OF FUN, especially looking at the old family photo album and seeing all the pictures come to life. Pretty much anything in nature is really fun to look at during the experience.

For SWIM, at higher doses than 5 mg sublingually (under the tongue), the experience starts becoming really strange and nearly impossible to explain in words. Your brain starts working very differently. Abstract thinking starts to kick in big time. It can be far more bazaar than LSD. For SWIM, 5-MeO-DMT is the most mental psychedelic there is.

There’s an aspect to 5-MeO-DMT that is dissociative. When SWIM first tried it, all he got were dissociative effects from it, no psychedelic effects at all. But as he tried it more and more, the psychedelic effects started becoming stronger and the dissociative effects started becoming less noticeable.

The dissociative effects of 5-MeO-DMT allow SWIM to take a pretty strong dose in an uncomfortable environment without causing a bad trip. You feel disconnected slightly from your experience. In this way it is unlike LSD. With LSD, you feel deeply drawn into your environment, and can become very agitated if you’re in an uncomfortable environment. With 5-MeO-DMT, the detached feeling disconnects you from your environment and makes you feel that you are just an observer. This dissociative effect can be very strong in some people and cause what some 5-MeO-DMT users call “THE VOID”, the experience of complete dissociation from everything.

What weird is that, the more SWIM uses 5-MeO-DMT the more psychedelic it is and the less dissociative it is. It’s as if SWIM’s physical reaction to the chemical is changing over time.

Dwhitty76
#11 Posted : 9/4/2008 4:35:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

once again 69ron, much thanks for shariing your knowledge and experience.

Now i just need to email the vendor to find out if it's in freebase form (5mg good start dose) or citrate form (15mg good start dose).

What is the calcium carbonate for,is it like taking vitamin c on lsd?

I suppose any calcium supplement would do.

One last thing is the setting.When i'm on NN,i am not moving nor can i stand,is it the same for 5-meo.I read your post,that swiy had taken it at an amusement park, so i suppose your hand/motor skills are still somewhat intact.I was thinking of taking it at this beautiful botanical gardens that overlook biscayne bay,in miami but there is a good chance i might have interactions w/ other people.Do you think i'd be o.k.?I have been fine on lsd and mushrooms,interacting w/ other peopl.I might be acting a lttle off the wall but who cares.

Is setting as crucial as it is w/ NN ?

Dwhitty76
#12 Posted : 9/4/2008 4:44:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i just read the specs on it,it said : form = crystaline powder. (freebase?)

acolon_5
#13 Posted : 9/4/2008 3:38:59 PM

The Great Namah

Dwhitty76 wrote:
i just read the specs on it,it said : form = crystaline powder. (freebase?)

I have never heard of a vendor extracting 5-meo-dmt from a plant source.

1) because of the risk of illegal DMT contamination
2) because it is so much cheaper to synthesise it

Most vendors sell it in the freebase form. I think I know the vendor you speak of, and yes, his is in freebase form. PM me if you would like.

69Ron,

I haven't used 5-Meo-DMT for a couple of years and never posted any reports on it. It really just wasn't my cup of tea save for a few very low dose intranasal experiences.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Dwhitty76
#14 Posted : 9/4/2008 8:18:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I want to thank everyone for being helpful. This is a very good forum and lets keep it that way. Very happy