We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Easy Piperine Extraction Pictorial Options

John Smith
#21 Posted : 4/25/2011 1:30:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks interesting, if anyone tries this in ayahuasca as an admixture please report Smile
INFORMATION
No input signal

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

harryboberries
#22 Posted : 4/26/2011 10:58:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I hope someone is still reading this post and can help me, as I'm very interested in the topic.
Can anyone tell me why you would go through all this trouble instead of just buying piperine as "Bioperine"?
Bioperine is usually labeled as 95% Piperine, which is a little fishy; why not just call it Piperine?
The reason I ask is cause supposedly you can use Piperine to create Piperic Acid, then on to other things.

Maybe make some boss perfume Wink

N E idea why you would not start with Bioperine? It's OTC and you're 95% there.

Xt
#23 Posted : 4/26/2011 11:37:36 PM

harryboberries wrote:
I hope someone is still reading this post and can help me, as I'm very interested in the topic.
Can anyone tell me why you would go through all this trouble instead of just buying piperine as "Bioperine"?
Bioperine is usually labeled as 95% Piperine, which is a little fishy; why not just call it Piperine?
The reason I ask is cause supposedly you can use Piperine to create Piperic Acid, then on to heliotropin.

Then you could make some boss perfume Wink

N E idea why you would not start with Bioperine? It's OTC and you're 95% there.

We will have none of that talk here. Im no mod... so i wont warn you.
No synthesis talk.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

harryboberries
#24 Posted : 4/27/2011 12:55:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Did not mean to do anything wrong. I mean that is far from a synthesis.
Am I confused or is this not exactly what the site is for?
Maybe it's because I didn't talk about the correct Tryptamine.

So back to the question at hand. Is the Piperine being made, the same thing that can be bought OTC as Bioperine?

Crystalito
#25 Posted : 4/27/2011 1:15:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

More or less yes, but why buy it when you can extract grams of it easily? I think half of it is the fun and the achievment of doing it yourself...plus you know what you isolate rather than take bioperine's claims at face value (i do not know what the rest 5% is plus i think it can be cheaper if you do it yourself).

I do not think its a matter of "correct tryptamine", i think most people in many places are ...fed up of people looking towards easy precursors -by the way practically its more complicated if you look at experiments done on its hydrolysis and further use. I think the most interesting part of it lies solely on piperine, unhydrolysed Smile.

If though you want to experiment with bioperine please feel free. Maybe you could also use bioperine pills to see solubilty of piperine in different solvents (that could help extractions). Nothing is lost in such procedures Pleased One could also use bioperine to grow piperine crystals which can be amazing! An idea here would be to dissolve them in hot/boiling alcohol and let it cool gradually undisturbed.

harryboberries
#26 Posted : 4/27/2011 1:25:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^^^ Thanks so much for the clarification.
Honestly, I would like to try my hand doing both.
1. I would like to purify the Bioperine to maybe remove that 5%.
2. I would love to extract from pepper. One day, no more Bioperine.

I really enjoyed reading this thread, especially because of the pictures.
My hope is to be educated and to educate; that is my reason for pointing this out.

Analogue
#27 Posted : 5/30/2011 3:29:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

first off to everyone, sorry swim was gone so long, got really busy with finals and of course parties and such, ontop of the nexus going down.

swim performed a side-by-side comparison of freeze/microwaved vs. the first method and did find differences,
the freeze/microwaved formed vey needle-like crystals that were somewhat shiny, but dull - also had more yeild
the grind and soak method formed very shiny platelet crystals and slightly less yeild

unfortunately, due to spring cleaning and forgetfulness, swim's exact yielding measurements have been recycled into toilet paper by now.. (weights were approx. .350 mg per 70ml of extract from a solution of 300ml iso and 68g pulverized pepper, meaning both methods yielded approx. 2.2% by weight)
also, it was noted that the frozen/microwaved method smelled different after being microwaved, got darker faster and remained darker, and needle-like crystal structures may imply higher purity?

swim can conduct teh experiment again if swiy needs to, but wont otherwise as swim doesnt see much point to

1.2g per 5$
5g per 5$ and approx 4$ or less for the alcohol (where swim lives)

soo, just from what 2 secs of google shopping tells me, costs are approximately
homemade - $1.8 per g purity ?
storebought - $4.17-8.77 per g purity 95%

that being said, usually piperine wouldnt be needed in bulk and swim personally does this for the fun of it and only uses it with curcumin supplementation or curries with curcumin
May you find the Light... and bring some back.

Jason 77
#28 Posted : 3/3/2022 1:40:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Regarding use of alcohol. Can a high alcohol vodka or grain alcohol be used instead of the rubbing alcohol? Thank you for the great information.

downwardsfromzero
#29 Posted : 3/4/2022 3:05:51 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jason 77 wrote:
Regarding use of alcohol. Can a high alcohol vodka or grain alcohol be used instead of the rubbing alcohol? Thank you for the great information.

Yes, something like Everclear would work. This is experiment #80 in Harwood & Moody's 'Experimental Organic Chemistry', for example, using 95% ethanol as the solvent at 15mL per gram of peppercorns.

After the initial Soxhlet extraction of peppercorns, the liquid extract is cleaned by hot filtering. After evaporating down to 0.1mL per gram of peppercorns, ethanolic potassium hydroxide is added at the rate of 1mL per gram of peppercorns and the liquid is separated from any precipitate by decanting or suction filtration. Freezing the solution allows recovery of piperine crystals. A good first crop should present a yield of around 2%.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12