We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yellow "Liquid" in Naptha??? Options

acolon_5
#1 Posted : 4/6/2011 2:03:53 PM

The Great Namah

There is a lot of other stuff in Chaliponga than just DMT.

Most of the leafy material needs a lot of defats to get pure white xtals. But this is just from reading others extractions, I only use Chali for aya.....

However, my guess is that is a layer of plant oil that fell out when the mixture cooled a bit (dissolved when hot, fell back out when cooled a bit).

Just a guess. Probably some spice in there though.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 4/7/2011 9:22:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ok first of all, you added calcium hydroxide to an acqueous solution? Calcium hydroxide is poorly water soluble. Use it for dry teks only. For wet teks, use lye, or now that you already started you could add some sodium carbonate and mix up, which should react with some of the calcium hydroxide to form lye and raise the pH of your solution (maybe your pH paper wasnt accurate? ) . Then try pulling again.

With this being said, I think you should also try recrystallizing that yellow stuff by adding hot naphtha, which should dissolve some of it, then freezing.

Defats are very wasteful and I dont suggest doing that, I think specially recrystallization (or resalting-rebasing-reextracting) will clean stuff up better and needing much less solvent than defatting.

MelCat
#3 Posted : 4/22/2011 10:41:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm.. I tried using Q21's lime tek on some MHRB and ended up with something similar.

I did the tek per the instructions and after I finished doing pulls, I put the remains in THP and added some water and naptha to try to get anything else.

The water was really yellow so I evapped it and ended up with this crystalline powder. I haven't tried melting any yet to see if it's vapeable. It doesn't seem to have any smell at all and it's really light and flaky.

Here are some pics of the end result when I evapp'd the yellow water.
MelCat attached the following image(s):
100_5327.JPG (2,633kb) downloaded 149 time(s).
100_5328.JPG (2,667kb) downloaded 150 time(s).
100_5330.JPG (2,592kb) downloaded 149 time(s).
100_5332.JPG (2,586kb) downloaded 151 time(s).
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...