We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Acacia confusa~ CRYSTALS! Options

cytokinesis420
#21 Posted : 4/13/2011 7:28:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend is waiting for his fumaric acid to arrive, he plans on salting out with acetone. He expects this to work better than the previous methods. He wonders if it will still be orally active in this state, if it will bring along whatever makes it orally active or if it will just salt out the dmt. He thinks people who are not getting good results must be using normal bark that is not nearly as potent as the root bark. He also thinks they may not be using enough bark to see good results, he uses over a pound of RB in his extractions which produces several grams of crystals.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

sporophore
#22 Posted : 4/13/2011 11:56:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just reread your op. I notice your friend is using fresh root bark.dont know what the rules are here,but I would love to know where I can find it ;-)
Dont think its worth bothering with the stem bark from the sounds of it,sources I have read cite .4 % alkaloid content in a 50/50 mix dmt and nmt.compared 2 1.4 % in the root bark. I also remember a passage in tihkal where shulgin tested his local acacia and found no alkaloids,but somebody else found different alkaloids at different times of year. Maybe something like this is happening here? Just a thought

acolon_5
#23 Posted : 4/14/2011 12:23:19 AM

The Great Namah

Yeild from 250g stem bark, A/B extraction, Naphtha as NP:

Freeze precipitation and subsequent recrystallization produced almost nothing, note: hot heptane did not pick up much of the small amount of xtals, a greyish film was left in the mason jars, weird stuff acacia.

Evaporation of solvent produced (after freeze precip) 700mgs of clear goo (had to make changa to get it's weight).
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

cytokinesis420
#24 Posted : 4/15/2011 9:31:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend did a second pull from the freebase soup with 950ml naptha which made a golden yellow extract, after washing and decanting he had about 850ml solution in which he added 200mg of evaped yellow crystals in a hot water bath, the jar was placed in the freezer for 72hrs. The naptha was decanted off and the jar was flipped upside down and placed back in the freezer for ~2.5hrs the jar was removed and the crystals scrapped and dumped out onto a large glass baking dish. A few of the crystals that had more naptha in them started to melt but the majority were able to keep their shape while the remaining naptha evaped, even the ones that had started to melt into the yellow goo were able evap away the naptha and re-x. The xtals were allowed to dry for 2hrs then they were collected and wheighed at 1.8g If you minus out the additional 0.2g that was added to the solution that gives 1.6g of dmt from a 850ml pull. The xtals were stable at room temp and had a pale yellow hue.

coalescentdivide
#25 Posted : 4/16/2011 7:56:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently heard of this plant and I have yet to bioassy but I did a little research, and I see acolon, you used stems or root bark? I was thinking, maybe you were having low yeilds because of the low alkaloid content of stems...wikipedia page says stems alkaloid content of stems are N-methyltryptamine, 0.04% and N,N-dimethyltryptamine, 0.01% while the root bark says Root bark N-methyltryptamine, 1.43% N,N-dimethyltryptamine, 1.15%

http://en.wikipedia.org/...a_confusa#Phytochemicals

also there may be other unknown alkaloids present that are not extracted by naptha like jungle spice in mimosa, comes out with xylene but not naphta...definitely going to look more into this
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." -Blake

ChampionPuffa
#26 Posted : 4/17/2011 9:36:10 AM

lol.

i think from acolons results he used the same bark as me which was lower stem bark. for us folks in the uk thats all we can get as theres only 1 or maybe now more suppliers selling it, but they sell lower stem bark which is harvested from the lowest parts nearest the roots for maximum potency.(according to them) its also apparently the same or better than mhrb, this may be true for brews but certainly not for extractions. this is probably why some people get good crystals and then others like me/acolon are getting orange gunk which obviously contains very little dmt, i dunno if its active though as im still debating wot to do with it. it smells a lot like burnt dmt. so imo could be n-oxide. but i havnt the foggiest wot n-oxide should look like but from wot ive read it sounds like wot ive got.
i couldnt find any actual root bark unless its was from thailand or the usa and it was very expensive compared to mhrb then the shipping on top, i duno weather to tell the suppliers i got it from that its crap for extractions, suppose they could do with knowing they might get root bark in then.
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!

ChampionPuffa
#27 Posted : 4/17/2011 10:05:22 PM

lol.

well the stuffs certainly active, but seems different to dmt, my misses tried a small amount just to see if it had any effect, it was a slow to take effect and she found she got a lot of cev's from just a small amount and slight oev's, with dmt she usually onyl gets oev 's and not so much cevs with smaller doses, this was the other way around.
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!

Xt
#28 Posted : 4/17/2011 10:30:27 PM

Perhaps someone could send a sample of the acacia product to be analyzed.
Any volunteers?

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

thpthial
#29 Posted : 4/17/2011 11:43:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Xt wrote:
Perhaps someone could send a sample of the acacia product to be analyzed.
Any volunteers?

I have access to a few kilos from a uk supplier (this will be from their new delivery due in next week at some point). i am more than willing to give to the cause.

I also have access to some of the same uk suppliers old stock, but this is very limited - and probably not worth doing, go for the new.

i have access because a friend of a friend is getting quite a bit in and is determined to get a working tek. his skills are good. I have faith. will keep you posted.

This is lower stem bark, not root bark.

cheers,

thp.

PREV12