We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Acacia confusa~ CRYSTALS! Options

cytokinesis420
#1 Posted : 4/5/2011 9:52:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I know this guy who did a STB with Acacia confusa root bark. He chopped up fresh (not dried) root bark and added one gallon of alkaline (sodium hydroxide) distilled water, he then let this mixture sit for 24 hours. Then he mixed it all up good and did two separate pulls (475Ml. each) with VM&P naptha and combined the two, then he did a wash using 500Ml. of distilled water with a healthy pinch of sodium carbonate and shaked the mix for a few seconds then let the layers separate and decanted the top layer into a mason jar, this was put in the freezer for 24 hours. Then he decanted the liquid naptha and flipped the jar upside down and put it back in the freezer for another hour, after that he took it out and scraped up the white crystals. The crystals stayed solid at room temp and began to yellow when exposed to air. There was a little bit of crystal on the screwdriver he used to scrape it up so he got the metal hot with a lighter til the crystal started to melt and smoke, he took a small whiff of the smoke and was amazed at the instant effects he began to feel from such a miniscule amount, he concluded the extraction was a definate success! Also, he took the leftover naptha from the freezer, poured it into a glass baking dish, put a fan on low and let the naptha evaporate, this formed more yellowish crystals which he redissolved in a minimal amount of warm naptha and put back in the freezer, this made nearly 10 times as many crystals as the first re-x! He did not run into any of the problems other people had claimed to have, perhaps they had low quality root bark or maybe they were rushing things, but from what my friend told me this is the best material he has worked with yet!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ChampionPuffa
#2 Posted : 4/5/2011 11:02:38 AM

lol.

nice to know it works, man, we need to get a proper acacia confusa tek with pics up so peeps can see for sure that its good stuff,

im ordering some today so will get the tek uploaded on the site when it arrives as il be doing the ext asap.
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!

Ljosalfar
#3 Posted : 4/5/2011 8:03:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! A. confusa sounds promising.
A friend has had success with leaving the naphtha in the freezer for ~ 1 week and growing large crystal flowers - she dislikes evapping large volumes. Also, tell your friend to keep pulling that base soup...
Please post yields and experience when you can.
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

cytokinesis420
#4 Posted : 4/6/2011 10:39:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend said he was going to do a much larger extraction using roughly the same procedure. He wants the naptha to be as concentrated as possible when he puts it in the freezer, doing more than two pulls on the base soup would end up diluting the overall concentration and add impurities, he plans on evaporating half of the naptha before re-x. He says he doesn't care about yeild/efficiency just purity.

sporophore
#5 Posted : 4/7/2011 9:09:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Something ive noticed is a lot of vendors are selling bark but dont seem to specify where the bark came from,whereas you mention your friend specifically used root bark.
From what I can gather researching around the net this is the best bit,but its hard to find anyone selling a confusa root bark? Swims cat is interested to try this but finding ac rootbark is difficult.

ChampionPuffa
#6 Posted : 4/7/2011 11:29:01 AM

lol.

the main supplier that was doing mhrb in the uk but no longer is and does acacia states their bark is from the lowest parts of the stems nearest the roots, but its still stem bark, they do state its of highest potency and have heard great reports on it.

cytokinesis420
#7 Posted : 4/10/2011 2:19:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend uses only shredded root bark in his extractions, although he is considering trying some of the normal bark since it is much easier to get, it has the same stuff just in lesser amounts (in about the same ratio?) He notes that the root bark is much darker red than the normal bark, fresh root bark will bleed red tryptamine rich resin when cut (it really looks and feels like blood! Doctorine of Signature!).

His second extraction was much more impressive than the first, with more than 10x the amount of bark and the same amount of alkaline water (1gal.) his first pull with 950ml. naptha was golden yellow compared to his first extraction where the naptha was only a pale yellow color. He did one wash with 100ml. distilled water with sodium carbonate added then placed the naptha in a bath ~ 160*F and added 0.8g. of yellow crystal extract from a previous batch (made by evaporating the naptha instead of re-x) he now had a hyper-saturated solution which he immediately placed in the freezer. The solution turned white in 1hr. and in 24hrs. it had precipitated enough material to cover the whole bottom of the jar with crystals growing up the sides. He is patiently waiting longer for all of the crystals to form, he is going to give it 72hrs. total. He is doing another pull and will do the same process.

He thinks that by adding the evaped extract into the solution it sped up the crystallizing process significantly and should increase the amount of crystals that can form in the solution.

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 4/10/2011 10:21:37 PM

The Great Namah

It seems this species is highly variable in it's alkaloid content. I personally do not foresee this becoming a replacement for mimosa.

250g done with a standard A/B (producing .9-1.5% from mimosa) produced almost nothing (weighing later but FAR FAR AWAY from .9%) from my batch of bark...which is quite strange as oral consumption was quite strong at low doses of bark.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

kyousha
#9 Posted : 4/10/2011 11:39:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has 250g Acacia Confusa Stem Bark, but I think he will only use it for oral ingestion.

As far as other extraction sources I think people should look into Acacia Obtusifolia Root Bark. Lextek PDF shows it did quite well, has clean alkoloid profile and acceptable .6% results.

cytokinesis420
#10 Posted : 4/11/2011 7:48:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok so my friend pulled the crystals from the freezer, there was about 2g of crystal which when taken out of the freezer began to melt into the dreaded yellow goo. Even though the crystals couldn't stay solid at room temp, they were still very much active when wiped onto bud and smoked. The odd thing is that when the naptha extract was evaped it produced yellow crystals which stayed solid at room temp but when these yellow crystals were added to another naptha extract and re-x they formed yellow and white crystals which melt at room temp, which seems to contradict what other people were saying. He is going to try more re-x procedures without adding evaped extract, he expects to get the white crystals which are stable at room temp. He still believes the acacia is a better source than the mimosa, it just needs a little more research to work out the bugs. When his limonene arrives he plans on trying the drytek extract since he has an abundant supply of agricultural grade hydrated lime. He would also like to produce some dmt fumarate.

endlessness
#11 Posted : 4/11/2011 8:44:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 4/11/2011 11:00:32 AM

The Great Namah

After a recrystallization I am left with almost nothing at the bottom of my mason jar (from 250g of bark). I exhausted that bark. I did 5 vinegar cooks, countless pulls....what I'm left with is goo, it's spicey, but it just isn't more than a dose or two.

I'm evaping the naphtha (I really hate doing that) but I doubt there is anything in there.

Not doing this again.

I'm really glad others are having better luck than me.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

DoingKermit
#13 Posted : 4/11/2011 10:29:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do mind me asking where you got your bark from, acolon_5?

acolon_5
#14 Posted : 4/12/2011 11:28:11 AM

The Great Namah

DoingKermit wrote:

K***'s Garden
The Spice extends life

ChampionPuffa
#15 Posted : 4/12/2011 4:33:37 PM

lol.

jsut did an acacia confusa ext on saturday, stb and it didnt work for shit.
at first it seemed to go good, i basified and saw something precip out but it wasnt like it looks with mhrb more yellow/orange colour not w white precip, i pulled with np. and it seemed very saturated once cooling and was very cloudy but was very yellow aswell, i left it for 2 days in the freezer only one or 2 tiny tiny crystals formed on the very edge of the bowl the rest left me with a orange paste that was just like powder floating in the np, i had to filter it out in order to get the orange goo out and seperate it from the np, it never hardened and stayed goo. i tried to re-x it, i was left with a darker goo afterwards, then when i checked the freeze precip of the re-x it was just a lighter colour paste and did not crystalize, i used 250g of acacia and have literally fuck all out of it, and wot there is i certainly do not want to smoke it. there is probably more to pull from the mixture but i really cant be bothered to try it again. the stuff i used either has hardly any dmt in it or something went very wrong but imo it seemed to work fine there just doesnt appear to be dmt in it and it pulled some other shit instead.
i think il stick with importing mhrb for now.
mine was from the usual uk supplier that no longer does mhrb.

soulfood
#16 Posted : 4/12/2011 5:15:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

acolon_5 wrote:
DoingKermit wrote:

K***'s Garden

Damn... well, at least it was cheap.

acolon_5
#17 Posted : 4/12/2011 7:55:26 PM

The Great Namah

This stuff is indeed weird. So I evaporated all my NP and was left with a large puddle of almost clear liquid goo. I'm sick as a dog, but will bioassay when I am feeling better.

Not sure what it is or why it won't precipitate out. My freeze precips gave me almost nothing.
The Spice extends life

ChampionPuffa
#18 Posted : 4/12/2011 8:12:02 PM

lol.

yea mate same here just had a goo, a bioassay would defo be good to find out just wots in it, theres certainly dmt in there as i had a couple of a smallest crystals form on the side where the edge of the solvent was. these looked the same as usual but just small and where white aswell, but i literally only had 2 or 3 of them
defo do bioassay when you can id be good to know wots in it etc.

Tropical
#19 Posted : 4/12/2011 9:47:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

what solvent were you using. swim uses a method posted by Q for MHRB (this is used for acacia as well for swim) with great results. As follows (swim ups to to 100grams usually, and also ups the other ingredients appropriately):

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8660

Quote:
Took 30g MHRB and added 50ml heated vinegar.

Put in hot water bath and stirred for ~30-40 min.

Added 50g lime and 36ml water to correct consistancy.

After ~20min pulled off ~20-25ml naptha which after 2 hours in the freezer yielded 75mg pure white spice!!!

After 1 hour (still in hot water bath) added another 25-35 ml naptha. Yielded 45mg

Bear in mind there was probably 5-10mg on left over in each after scraping.

After 1 more hour added ~30-40ml naptha. 65mg

1-2 hours later 60ish ml naptha added and stirred very thouroughly while in bath.

first container = 62mg, second 15mg

SWIM pulled some more naptha in the same manner this morning (+13 hours) and it looks to have 5-10mg left. IE: The other pulls got 98% of it!"

swim sees crystals within an hour usually. when he gets more naptha in a couple weekends he ca post pics of the process. using freeze percip and naptha it is totally clear, no colors. but after flipping the container in the freezer and leaving naptha to drip away, it does melt in room temp putting fan over the dish and drying it did the trick after that. and the results are certainly spice Smile

There must be something we are missing, because some people seem to have great results and others not.

edited for spelling and to just quote the method.

proto-pax
#20 Posted : 4/13/2011 12:03:08 AM

bird-brain

Has anyone tried salting it out? Perhaps that would give better yields?
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

12NEXT