We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings from the Suburbs Options

Specialkay
#1 Posted : 4/5/2011 2:30:30 AM

Mary

OK, that was a bit of a lame title. Anyway, hello. I stumbled into this site because I was doing research on the Michel Negroponte documentary I'm Dangerous With Love. I'm a writer, primarily entertainment (reviews and recaps of TV/film/books/music. I also write essays on numerous topics, of late they've been about my family and some serious health issues. And because of circumstances, I don't write as much as want.

But I try.

I'm not that adventurous, although among my friends, probably more so than they (see, it's all relative).

Um, what else. I guess it's time for the random stream-of-consciousness-stuff-cuz-I'm-at-a-loss.

I love visual arts. I cannot create them, but I appreciate them, more than the average joe. I get a kick out of decorating the house for different holidays. I love my cat. I love my family. I love a nice chardonnay and a hot shower. Not necessarily together, although it's nice.

I have practiced kenpo karate for a dozen or so years, and am a 1st dan. Like the writing, not enough time on the mat (in a long time).

I tend towards Christian, but believe in learning about all views. I might have made Yankee Candle a profit making enterprise all on my own. To quote Sam Malone in Cheers (to Diane) "I know you are up, your candles are on" I AM Diane Chambers.

(no not really but the idea makes me smile, she was smart and she hooked Sam Malone! OK so she was a bit whiny)

There's a lot more, but this will do for now.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DMT Psychonaut
#2 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:56:53 AM

Witness to Humanity

Well it seems you have some interesting hobbies and share a wholesome love for the people close to you. Hopefully you can spread that kind of attitude throughout the Nexus! I am looking forward to more post Very happy
Disclaimer:

All these thoughts,
words arranged in this message,
come from the Tao
and return to the Tao.
Yet they do not touch it.
Each of us will perceive the message,
Yet to each our own interpretation.

I'll see you when the river meets us

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 4/5/2011 6:19:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Specialkay wrote:
I love my cat.

Welcome! Any friend of cats is a friend of mine Smile

Specialkay
#4 Posted : 4/5/2011 4:06:43 PM

Mary

@Psychonaut - thanks for the greeting. I guess wholesome is a description. Wholesome with a vice or three. @Entropymancer - yeah, cats are great. Long story why we have this current one - but he's made us very happy. Dogs are great too. (I just don't own one). There's nothing like having a dog smile at you!

ragabr
#5 Posted : 4/5/2011 5:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to the Nexus!

What brought you here? Have you had experience with the molecule or its cousins?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Specialkay
#6 Posted : 4/5/2011 5:43:52 PM

Mary

Ragbar - no, I have not. I am not planning on it either. But I am interested in much that I've been reading about on these pages, alternative healing, shamanism -- all sorts of things. What about you?

ragabr
#7 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:30:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Nexus is a wonderfully engaging community with whom I could share these experiences. It's so hard to find a responsible peer-group when exploring these substances.

Glad you found us!
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Specialkay
#8 Posted : 4/5/2011 7:36:41 PM

Mary

Ragbar: I have belonged (and still do) to several good communities - for writing, for parenting and other things. But there are certain things that I'm just not going to find in those groups. Not without a lot of hunting and awkward posts. lol

I do appreciate what I see here. Not just the content, but the 'delivery' if you will.