We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT HCl I.V. Tek? Options

bystarlight
#1 Posted : 4/1/2011 7:15:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if a TEK for DMT HCl via I.V. exists? I found this post over at mycotopia ( http://forums.mycotopia....expirements-uh-whoa.html ), but it's not very in depth.

To be honest, I want to be sure that I can substitute hydrochloric acid for muriatic acid, which wiki-pedia says is the same thing, but when 'shopping' for it, I come up with mixed results.

Thanks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 4/1/2011 7:27:44 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Do you have any experience with IV'ing substances?

Are you aware the only FDA approved form of DMT for IV is DMT fumarate?

Why do you want to IV your DMT?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Pandora
#3 Posted : 4/1/2011 7:38:07 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello,

Welcome to the Nexus! Interesting day here, given that April 1 is a weird holiday in USA. BUT, this post made me feel some concern.

Again, welcome. I notice you chose not to submit an introductory essay about yourself. I hope you might consider at least a small submission along those lines. We would like to get to know you a bit more.

Also, I sincerely refer you to sections like FAQ, Wiki and in particular Health & Safety (see links at top of forum). DMT-Nexus has a strong orientation away from harm reduction. IV use of DMT presents a number of issues off the top of the head that raise red flags in my mind like purity, sterility, correct preparation (most NEVER do a medically correct prep for IV use) and rapidity of onset of extreme effects raising serious issues like - Will you be able to get the needle out of the vein before launching?

Also, I think it is valid to say that unless you have some sort of needle fetish, there's no need for this. Correct smoking techique using a "precharged" Glass Vaporgenie (GVG) pipe can deliver in one massive hit the same dose as an IV shot. And, that DMT will cross your blood brain barrier (bbb) in a similar amount of time going from a vein in your body to the bbb as from your lungs to the bbb - a few heartbeats. That's all. So, as elru so eloquently puts it, Why not smoke it?

Given that you submitted no intro, I don't even know if you've ever tried smoking or oral DMT or psychedelics or IV drugs or anything. Nor do other Nexians. You have asked for information that could easily go against the tenets of harm reduction. I am hoping you might be willing to give as well as take information. Not trying to judge or condemn, but this feels weird and sketchy and more data could resolve these issues.

Again, welcome! Please take a good look around.

Peace & Love
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 4/1/2011 8:02:08 PM

The Great Namah

bystarlight wrote:

To be honest, I want to be sure that I can substitute hydrochloric acid for muriatic acid, which wiki-pedia says is the same thing, but when 'shopping' for it, I come up with mixed results.

Thanks.

Not a good idea. They both CONTAIN HCL, but anything short of reagent grade chems (and even then) just are not safe to IV.

There are a host of risks involved that, while I can understand the interest, I would not myself be willing to take.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Seraph
#5 Posted : 4/1/2011 10:05:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you do not know that muriatic acid is hydrochloric acid then you should not be IVing anything but I think your post is a joke or at least I hope it is.

bystarlight
#6 Posted : 4/2/2011 3:24:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Seraph, I'm not delusional. I realize there are many caveats to consider. I'm not a chemist, and the google research I did returned mixed results. I would venture to guess that 90% ( made up on the spot ) of the people that have extracted their own DMT knew very little about the process. Do you criticize them for their ignorance? And when they finally inhale their product, do you chastise them for doing so? Do you say, well, maybe you sucked up some lye, and forbid them from inhaling their product?

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 4/2/2011 3:50:54 AM

The Great Namah

bystarlight wrote:
Seraph, I'm not delusional. I realize there are many caveats to consider. I'm not a chemist, and the google research I did returned mixed results. I would venture to guess that 90% ( made up on the spot ) of the people that have extracted their own DMT knew very little about the process. Do you criticize them for their ignorance? And when they finally inhale their product, do you chastise them for doing so? Do you say, well, maybe you sucked up some lye, and forbid them from inhaling their product?

Look, not trying to be rude, so let's look at this based on the facts you have presented.

1) We don't know if you have purchased or extracted DMT (it matters)
2) You have not mentioned if you have tried to purify it (it really matters you don't want to inject ANY plant material)
3) you have little knowledge of chemistry and are asking if you can use hardware store HCL (for cleaning cement) to make a DMT salt for injection
4) you are comparing IV to smoking in regards to safety

I was an IV user for many years and have thought of this very same idea...so I'm not knocking it. What bothers me is that you are looking for a quick and easy "TEK" to tell you how to do it. You should REALLY have some chem knowledge, quality reagent grade chemicals, and EXTREMELY pure spice. You should probably also know how to prepare a sterile solution.

There is no quick and easy TEK, because it's not quick and easy. That is why you are having trouble finding it.

I have no control over at mycotopia, but what that guy did sounds damn dangerous to me.

Quote:
At the end, there was a floating yellow blob on top of my water. I added another 1/2 cc of water to this, and placed the container in a hot water bath.

The blob dissolves. Later, at room temperature, the sides of the tube were coated in an oil. Freebase? I added one drop of muriatic acid to the tube and shook the piss out of it. A lot of the oil was gone from the sides. Another drop of muriatic acid, almost all the oil was gone. One last drop. No more oil on the tube.

YELLOW BLOB???? This guy is shooting plant oils....and dropping in HCL like it's vinegar. Do you want a solution with a PH of 2 going in your vein...if you miss a vein you are going to be missing a chunk of your arm (tissue damage and then necrosis).

This is why I have never pursued such a route. Please think this over very carefully. I took the time to write this because I'd rather you not hurt yourself.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Seraph
#8 Posted : 4/2/2011 9:29:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
YELLOW BLOB???? This guy is shooting plant oils....and dropping in HCL like it's vinegar. Do you want a solution with a PH of 2 going in your vein...if you miss a vein you are going to be missing a chunk of your arm (tissue damage and then necrosis).

This is why I have never pursued such a route. Please think this over very carefully. I took the time to write this because I'd rather you not hurt yourself.

Could the pH be tested with pH paper? Obviously not the solution you're injecting but you could wait until the solution has settled and then use a clean syringe to move a small amount to a different container and then test it with pH paper, also if the pH is too low could you increase the pH with sodium hydroxide? (Sodium hydroxide is sometimes injected when people are injecting morphine, this is because the solution would be too acidic otherwise) How do you extract sodium hydroxide from the 'Caustic Soda(>98% sodium hydoxide)' that can be bought in a hardware shop/store? Yellow blobs could be eliminated by purifying the DMT, would activated charcoal be a good idea for getting rid of the yellow colour? If someone answers these questions it would be good harm reduction for those that intend to inject DMT, last time I checked 'Just say no' didn't stop everyone from using drugs so I don't think it would stop everyone from injecting DMT.

If you are injecting anything you should have sterile needles, saline solution and wheel filters. Do you have these Bystarlight? Also what you're injecting causes some people to move about slightly when the effects work, the effects start working very soon, do you think you're fast enough to avoid ripping your veins out with a needle?

acolon_5
#9 Posted : 4/2/2011 4:18:39 PM

The Great Namah

Seraph wrote:
Yellow blobs could be eliminated by purifying the DMT, would activated charcoal be a good idea for getting rid of the yellow colour? If someone answers these questions it would be good harm reduction for those that intend to inject DMT, last time I checked 'Just say no' didn't stop everyone from using drugs so I don't think it would stop everyone from injecting DMT.

Not hard to find a Spice Purification tek to get rid of the yellow. If it were my vein I would perform at least 3 with Heptane/Hexan (pure, reagent chemicals, not hardware store solvents) and once with IPA.

pH papers would work, but a clean pH meter would be even better.

Someone considering this route should be doing a lot of research and not asking other for it in my opinion. I personally believe there shouldn't be a tek for this on the Nexus.

Quote:
If you do not know that muriatic acid is hydrochloric acid then you should not be IVing anything but I think your post is a joke or at least I hope it is.

Sounds like you are taking a similar stance on this guy making an iv solution.
The Spice extends life

hydrocarbon
#10 Posted : 4/2/2011 8:05:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Assuming you are able to adequately purify and sterilize your solution, I would not suggest attempting IV administration of DMT on yourself. There is a good chance you will lose the ability to safely handle a sharp object while you still have it in your hand or worse your vein.

imo, the cost of a GVG is insignificant compared to the cost of injecting an impure or nonsterile solution or tissue damage you could cause by attempting to inject yourself with it and leaving a needle in your vein for 10 minutes because you aren't aware enough to take it out.
Hydrocarbon is indeed a real person existing in real time. However, Hydrocarbon is actually a proxy for another individual, Nemano, that lives outside the realm of current Terran laws and regulations. All posts made by Hydrocarbon in which "I", "me", and other references to himself are the voice of Nemano speaking digitally through Hydrocarbon. Any illicit, immoral, or otherwise questionable behavior that Hydrocarbon appears to be admitting to are actually the actions of Nemano.

Occasionally, Hydrocarbon has been known to inject his twisted sense of humor into Nemano's words, but anything stated that was particularly witty or insightful was most likely not the result of Hydrocarbon's intellect.