We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Marijuana Options

DivineDreamer
#1 Posted : 4/1/2011 6:57:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Saved my life,
Thinking of life without it

I would just be another brick in the wall.
Wake your mind up.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tenchi
#2 Posted : 4/2/2011 12:14:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Care to share this eye-opening experience? Seeing as I've never thought it to be anything special (it mostly just makes me anxious and slightly paranoid, oh, and hungry) I would really like to hear what you've been through.
The first lesson: Patience
The second lesson: Treat Spice with respect and it will treat you with the same. Treat spice disrespectfully, and it will give you a lesson you will not forget.
The third lesson: Keep your eyes closed.

bringeroflight
#3 Posted : 4/2/2011 6:09:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A lot of DMTers seem not to get much from ganja. swim on the other hand, personally finds it to be an excellent thought stimulant. Not only do profundities occur rapidly to swim while stoned, but they also seem to arrive in fully formed lines and sentences, and all he has to do is relax in order to access them. In other words, swim finds this plant to be a great conscious liberator when he manages to use it correctly.

Of course, the benefits of pot (or any psycho-spiritual tool for that matter) aren't very well realized when one abuses it. Restrained, respectful use is key (ie: not toking up every hour of every day.. unless for some medical reason you have to, which is a whole other story). One has to learn to flow with, rather than struggle against the waves of this or any plant's essence in order to receive their offerings IMO. It's a relationship, and like any other it's going to be unique. You need to figure out how it works and what its idiosyncrasies are, and from there you can start to make the most of it.

Paranoia can admittedly be a problem when working with this medicine, but IME most paranoias encountered during the pot high are just valid concerns that have been amplified and overblown. If one manages to keep this in perspective, he can probably manage to avoid being overtaken by fear.

Oh yeah, and it's also worth mentioning that a friend's connection with this particular plant ascended to great new heights when he grew his own.
I am awake in a dream called reality.

Touche Guevara
#4 Posted : 4/2/2011 6:41:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

"Of course, the benefits of pot (or any psycho-spiritual tool for that matter) aren't very well realized when one abuses it. Restrained, respectful use is key..."

EXACTLY! The thing with mary jane is that the negative side effects tend to accumulate with overuse, while the positive effects are subject to more tolerance.

actualfactual
#5 Posted : 4/2/2011 6:48:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like marijuana as much as the next guy (probably considerably more then the next guy!)

How exactly did it save your life though? That's a bold statement..

iaiaia
#6 Posted : 4/3/2011 7:10:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

someone very close to me was addicted to methadone, going to the clinic all the time for two years straight. one day he just said you know what marijuanas gonna save my life, and quit the stuff and never went back to the clinic, just smoked alot more weed.
Personally weed works like things work. Most of the time it just gives me energy, physically. and pretty mentally grounding.

Pet
#7 Posted : 4/3/2011 7:58:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Weed is good. I like weed. Though I haven't smoked it in about a month. I've been studying a lot of jazz lately and I find I can't improvise as well when I've been smoking recently.

How did it save your life, DivineDreamer? Everyone seems interested in hearing your story.

BeastofBurden
#8 Posted : 4/3/2011 8:21:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Saved my life,

Interesting way to start a thread, but you never explained (finished) Confused
I don't think anyone will get anything from reading your post unless you let us in on how it saved your life Very happy

I myself stopped smoking weed four months ago. I look back and feel she (mother mary) was trying to 'push me away' because I had much to learn about myself, by myself. Since then, my mind has never been so stable; meditation, herbal teas and healthy habits have brought me to accept my reality for what it is. And of course if I do start smoking again I will make sure it's a healthy relationship, her and I.

Mickey_Mouse_33
#9 Posted : 4/3/2011 10:10:08 PM
Energy is eternal delight

DivineDreamer wrote:
Saved my life,

Share your story already Very happy. Did the plant provide you with certain insights that allowed you to break free from being the average conforming Joe? That's at least how I interpret 'another brick in the wall.'
skullhuman wrote:
A lot of DMTers seem not to get much from ganja. swim on the other hand, personally finds it to be an excellent thought stimulant. Not only do profundities occur rapidly to swim while stoned, but they also seem to arrive in fully formed lines and sentences, and all he has to do is relax in order to access them. In other words, swim finds this plant to be a great conscious liberator when he manages to use it correctly.

Of course, the benefits of pot (or any psycho-spiritual tool for that matter) aren't very well realized when one abuses it. Restrained, respectful use is key (ie: not toking up every hour of every day.. unless for some medical reason you have to, which is a whole other story). One has to learn to flow with, rather than struggle against the waves of this or any plant's essence in order to receive their offerings IMO. It's a relationship, and like any other it's going to be unique. You need to figure out how it works and what its idiosyncrasies are, and from there you can start to make the most of it.

Paranoia can admittedly be a problem when working with this medicine, but IME most paranoias encountered during the pot high are just valid concerns that have been amplified and overblown. If one manages to keep this in perspective, he can probably manage to avoid being overtaken by fear.

Oh yeah, and it's also worth mentioning that a friend's connection with this particular plant ascended to great new heights when he grew his own.

Wonderfully said! This is how I feel about it as well. In my experiences it can be a powerful ride, giving you thoughts after thoughts which have a feeling of 'this is it' to them, like profound truths, and even more so if you treat it with respect and go in with intent. It seems to me like cannabis is often overlooked when it comes to the importance of integrating, but I personally think integrating cannabis highs can sometimes be just as important as integrating, say, DMT journeys.
If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.
- Meister Eckhart

bringeroflight
#10 Posted : 4/4/2011 3:03:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^Funny you should mention the 'this is itness', we obviously do think alike. 'This is it' definitely says it, and has been one of my main phrases since my psychedelic journeying began a little over half a decade ago. We've obviously visited some of the same places Wink.

Not to detour too much here, but I do get the sense though that this is a particularly defining moment in the history of humanity where we will ultimately either plummet or rise up in to the infinite heights beyond (sink or set sail). We're on the brink of the stars, the cusp of eternity, and this IS it.. it's everything we've been leading up towards, and infinitely more (then again, I suppose any time in history is by some arguable measure). Or maybe what I'm saying only applies to some, and perhaps always has. Maybe there have always been a handful of people ascending throughout time, but nobody has noticed them because they simply vanish from this plane, be it by synchronicity with biological death or some other thing equally mysterious to us. Or maybe I'm way off the mark and something else completely is going on, I don't know, these are just my feelings. At any rate, this is it.

I also agree that Cannabis is too overlooked and generally not well-respected enough. It's typically thought of as being soft, and it's this very attitude I believe that causes people not to be able to delve in to the depths of what it can offer. Many Cannabis users I know don't toke to get anything out of it, it's just a crutch they use to regulate their state. Many of them are people who just like 'getting high'. Whatever you're in to I guess, seems like a bit of a waste to me though.

And some may laugh at this, but like you, I too integrate my pot highs. I never take the next step until I'm over the last one.

Oh, and come on OP, let's hear that story!!
I am awake in a dream called reality.

Butosai
#11 Posted : 4/4/2011 7:23:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I would say the same thing, to a certain extent, that cannabis just helped me become more intuned with who I am a person. It always stimulated ideas for me, helped my words and imagery come better to me, and in turn helped me be more aware about myself.

I have never had paranoid problems in my early usage, ironically. But the last years having personal problems when I started smoking heavily again this year I did encounter some paranoia. I put something in my head over and over. Pondering on this, I felt as though the reason I got paranoid about this particular subject wasn't because of the cannabis itself, but because of my fear. The next time I smoked, I didn't try and fight my problems, but instead, let my mind explore it, and it never bothered me again after that.

I think that people can underestimate the powerfulness of cannabis, it's not shrooms or DMT, but it can still have extremely powerful insights if you let it. I find to do this though I have to seperate myself from people or anything that might distract me, like tv or the computer, and just isolate myself, or else I won't usually get anyting from it.

Poekus
#12 Posted : 4/4/2011 8:17:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm also quite curious how you experienced it as a life saver. I really enjoyed weed for years of daily use. Quit for some time now because I got too lazy to my likings. Also the coffeeshop weed is getting way too strong lately (I even got visuals from several species). Possibly they mess around with it (JWH's to enhance them maybe?) and there was a recent newspaper article on laboratory tests on shop weed containing iron/aluminium particles and other shit to let it glinster more.
I promised myself my next weed experience will only come from a plant which will sit on my balcony only to get water and some love Smile.

Keep us updated on your life saving perspective.