We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Cannabidiol (CBD) Rich Cannabis strains Options

Mitakuye Oyasin
#1 Posted : 3/30/2011 10:36:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone have experience with Cannabidiol (CBD) rich cannabis strains? Apparently they are finding amazing medical benefits from cannabis low in THC and high in CBD, especially for cancer fighting and pain relief. projectcbd(dot)com has some interesting information and research about the subject. Many growers are concentrating on these strains and several MMJ dispensaries are too. Here is a list of some of the strains known to be high in CBD and low in THC. It would be great if anyone with any experience with any of these new strains could post their experiences with them and add to the list the names and CBD vs THC percentages of grown out flowers from ant new strains. Thanks everyone!

Cannatonic 13% CBD, 7% THC
Sour Tsunami 10-11% CBD , 6-7% THC
Omrita Rx3 9-12% CBD, 5-7% THC
True Blueberry/OG Kush 9.4% CBD, 4.8% THC
Jamaican Lion 8.91% CBD, 5.54% THC
Harlequin 4% CBD, 2% THC / 75% sativa and 25 % indica
Juanita la Lagrimosa 8.8% CBD, 6.8% THC
Good Medicine 9.03% CBD, 8.2%THC
Misty 7% CBD, 10% THC
Soma A+
Stinky Purple
Cotton Candy/Diesel
Rx Red
Poison OG
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

۩
#2 Posted : 3/31/2011 12:11:58 AM

Grand Daddy Purple (GDP) is the best pain relieving medicine I've ever used.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#3 Posted : 3/31/2011 1:13:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I too like GDP and Blackberry Kush and Grape Ape and lots of other Indica dominant or pure Indica strains, but I have never known what the CBD to THC ratio of any of these strains was. I am very interested in this and would actually like to know about any facility that could test samples of certain strains for these levels. Just one more amazing aspect about an already amazing plant.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

۩
#4 Posted : 3/31/2011 1:25:37 AM

You may find this useful:
http://budreviews.com/55...re/428-Granddaddy-Purple

Medical Marijuana dispensaries I know of use
http://steephilllab.com/
to test the THC/CBD/etc. ratio of some of their medicine, as well as pesticide concentrations.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#5 Posted : 3/31/2011 3:15:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks much for both links. It seems that the MMJ coops in the San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose areas have all jumped on this high CBD thing a lot earlier than anyone in the SoCal area has. SoCal might even have some of these strains and not even know it yet.

The $120 per flower sample rate is a bit steep, but worth it for testing something that I think works well personally to see what the levels of CBD and THC actually are.

Thanks again.
— Terence McKenna

ElusiveMind
#6 Posted : 3/31/2011 3:29:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its interesting that SWIY should bring this up, as SWIM stumbled across this article a while back

Lack of Balance in Weed causes Harm

SWIM doesn't have any strains at the moment that can add to this thread but would like to say it is kind of ironic... SWIM has been seeing MANY local growers lately switching to higher CBD strains than THC... which has always been the ultimate goal of the grower for a long time.
Many the next cannabis cup (Amsterdam) will be feature higher CBD strains?? Razz

ElusiveMind
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Mindlusion
#7 Posted : 4/1/2011 2:18:06 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

The only one out of that list ive smoked recently is the OG kush

We normally dont have strains named down here,
Had no idea it was about the CBD/THC concentrations, But it was definitely the most narcotic like pain relieving cannabis ive ever come across.
Good stuff
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Mitakuye Oyasin
#8 Posted : 4/16/2011 8:28:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just used some interesting meds with a high CBD ratio of 8% and very high THC of 28%. Wow, this stuff is great. Really helps by back pain and the muscles have relaxed as well as stopped hurting. It has a very clear and cerebral head space with lots of creativity and ease of thought.

I also picked up some meds that had almost no THC but a high CBD ratio of 12%. Smells a bit funny and premie but looks nice. I'll try this in the next few days and post another report.
— Terence McKenna

joedirt
#9 Posted : 4/16/2011 4:56:13 PM

Not I

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Does anyone have experience with Cannabidiol (CBD) rich cannabis strains? Apparently they are finding amazing medical benefits from cannabis low in THC and high in CBD, especially for cancer fighting and pain relief. projectcbd(dot)com has some interesting information and research about the subject. Many growers are concentrating on these strains and several MMJ dispensaries are too. Here is a list of some of the strains known to be high in CBD and low in THC. It would be great if anyone with any experience with any of these new strains could post their experiences with them and add to the list the names and CBD vs THC percentages of grown out flowers from ant new strains. Thanks everyone!

Cannatonic 13% CBD, 7% THC
Sour Tsunami 10-11% CBD , 6-7% THC
Omrita Rx3 9-12% CBD, 5-7% THC
True Blueberry/OG Kush 9.4% CBD, 4.8% THC
Jamaican Lion 8.91% CBD, 5.54% THC
Harlequin 4% CBD, 2% THC / 75% sativa and 25 % indica
Juanita la Lagrimosa 8.8% CBD, 6.8% THC
Good Medicine 9.03% CBD, 8.2%THC
Misty 7% CBD, 10% THC
Soma A+
Stinky Purple
Cotton Candy/Diesel
Rx Red
Poison OG

One of the strongest CBD strains that I've experienced was an Aurora Indica. This plant would lock you to the couch for hours.

**Edit. I don't know the actual percentages, but as someone who smokes to much marijuana I can tell you from personal bioassay that it was the most couch lock off all the strains I've tried...and I've tried quite a few.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#10 Posted : 4/16/2011 11:48:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I find it fascinating that in the past I have migrated towards Indicas more than Sativas for pain relief, but most of the CBD rich meds I'm finding out there are Sativa dominant. It's actually better, you get the best of both worlds, a nice clean clear Sativa headspace for being able to function and work during the day - plus the pain relief and muscle relaxation form the high CBD content. i am really liking these meds. Onward and upward.
— Terence McKenna

۩
#11 Posted : 4/16/2011 11:50:56 PM

A+ to Sour Grapes. A mix of sour diesel with one of those purple indicas, I forget which one. Great psychedelic narcotic strain.
۩ attached the following image(s):
P1020027.JPG (4,580kb) downloaded 418 time(s).

maxzar100
#12 Posted : 4/17/2011 5:54:45 AM

Earth Child

Ahhh beautiful. I miss those california nugs. I agree that GDP is the greatest pain relief strain I have ever used. I also like purple urkle and master kush, but it is not as effective...
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

Mitakuye Oyasin
#13 Posted : 5/15/2011 6:19:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK, so picked up some CBD rich meds from a local collective. Harlequin - A Colombian/Nepalese crossed with high CBD Swiss male clocks in at 8% CBD and 4% THC. Pretty nice stuff. Looks and smells and vapes really nice and sweet. Gives a little bit of a pleasant Sativa head high, but not a lot, and works great at relaxing my lower back muscles and relieving the pain there. One batch tested at almost twice this level of CBD, around 16% and about the same THC level of 4% as the other. This stuff is a bit preemie looking and tasting. Almost no high from this but pain reduction and muscle relaxation. Cool stuff, I hope to try some other high CBD and low THC meds in the future.

Would love to hear others experiences as well.
— Terence McKenna

DMTripper
#14 Posted : 5/15/2011 12:31:45 PM

John Murdoch IV

What is the root of your pain? Have you tried to find that out and worked on that? Then you wouldn't need to smoke cannabis for pain relief.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Tsehakla
#15 Posted : 5/17/2011 9:21:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

If you want high CBD buds just harvest them young, before the "crystals" start to turn amber colored.

The cannabinoid profile of buds changes as they develop. It starts out relatively high in CBD, low in THC, with almost no CBN--getting you a fairly short duration "high". When the buds are mature the CBD levels have dropped and the THC levels have risen (because the CBD has transformed into THC), CBN levels have risen a little (CBN is the main degradation product of THC)--getting you "stoned" or an hour or more instead of just high for 20-30 minutes. If you let the buds get overripe (to the point where the "crystals" have started to burst) you end up with very little CBD, a small drop in THC, and more CBN--getting you pot with a somewhat harsher smoke and a heavy, tiring, stone like you'd get from not so fresh hash or oil.

Regardless of which strain you are using, the relative levels of cannabinoids depends more on environment, harvest timing, and storage than it does on genetics.

Take care,

- Tse
Two things to keep in mind:
1) It is all lies.
2) There is no privacy on the Internet.

joedirt
#16 Posted : 5/17/2011 9:26:12 PM

Not I

Tsehakla wrote:
Hi,

If you want high CDB buds just harvest them young, before the "crystals" start to turn amber colored.

The cannabinoid profile of buds changes as they develop. It starts out relatively high in CBD, low in THC, with almost no CBN--getting you a fairly short duration "high". When the buds are mature the CBD levels have dropped and the THC levels have risen (because the CBD has transformed into THC), CBN levels have risen a little (CBN is the main degradation product of THC)--getting you "stoned" or an hour or more instead of just high for 20-30 minutes. If you let the buds get overripe (to the point where the "crystals" have started to burst) you end up with very little CBD, a small drop in THC, and more CBN--getting you pot with a somewhat harsher smoke and a heavy, tiring, stone like you'd get from not so fresh hash or oil.

Regardless of which strain you are using, the relative levels of cannabinoids depends more on environment, harvest timing, and storage than it does on genetics.

Take care,

- Tse

I agree. Harvest when the tics are cloudy and not amber yet. Once amber you start adding in couch locking CBN.

It's worth noting that a lot of it is genetics though. You can't turn a high THC Sativa into a high CBN or CBD strain no matter how early you harvest it.

Honestly IMO it's best to get a good strain and then harvest when about 50% of the trics have turned amber as this gives the plant the fullest expression of it's potential...

I still say Aurora Indica is one of the best. It's a corner stone for breeders much like Northern lights is....can't go wrong.

If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#17 Posted : 5/17/2011 9:40:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great info guys. Thanks.
— Terence McKenna

Mitakuye Oyasin
#18 Posted : 5/18/2011 9:40:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
What is the root of your pain? Have you tried to find that out and worked on that? Then you wouldn't need to smoke cannabis for pain relief.

I have a herniated L5 disc (lower back) and another in my neck as a result of an RV (recreational vehicle) slamming into my parked car years ago. Chiropractic work helps to some degree, but its expensive to do regularly. I do not like taking pills and opiods are addictive. Cannabis works well for me for pain control and muscle relaxation so that my back muscles will not spasm due to disc pain.
— Terence McKenna

Virola78
#19 Posted : 5/19/2011 8:58:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

joedirt wrote:
...Honestly IMO it's best to get a good strain and then harvest when about 50% of the trics have turned amber as this gives the plant the fullest expression of it's potential...

Agreed.

joedirt wrote:
...I still say Aurora Indica is one of the best. It's a corner stone for breeders much like Northern lights is....can't go wrong.

I read the Aurora is a cross between a Nothern Lights and a Skunk plant.
http://whitelabelseeds.c...n/aurora-b/p1600003.html
Or did you mean to say that? Guess im confused by the words "much like"..
Or is this aurora B another strain?

But it would explain why you like this plants ability to grow : )
Aurora B was designed to be a robust quality cash crop i think. Seems to come close when i read about your enthousiasm for this plant.
How would it compare to Power Plant in terms of light requirements and ability to withstand less optimal growing conditions?
Any1?

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

joedirt
#20 Posted : 5/19/2011 9:08:13 PM

Not I

Virola78 wrote:
joedirt wrote:
...Honestly IMO it's best to get a good strain and then harvest when about 50% of the trics have turned amber as this gives the plant the fullest expression of it's potential...

Agreed.

joedirt wrote:
...I still say Aurora Indica is one of the best. It's a corner stone for breeders much like Northern lights is....can't go wrong.

I read the Aurora is a cross between a Nothern Lights and a Skunk plant.
http://whitelabelseeds.c...n/aurora-b/p1600003.html
Or did you mean to say that? Guess im confused by the words "much like"..
Or is this aurora B another strain?

But it would explain why you like this plants ability to grow : )
Aurora B was designed to be a robust quality cash crop i think. Seems to come close when i read about your enthousiasm for this plant.
How would it compare to Power Plant in terms of light requirements and ability to withstand less optimal growing conditions?
Any1?

No the strain I'm talking about is plain old Aurora Indica. The original parent was a cross between Northern Lights and Afgani I believe. The Afgani is were it gets the higher CBD content and shorter size. Because of it's short size and fast flowering times (About 7 weeks...8 is pure amber) it has become a staple for some breeders when they are shooting for small, fast flowering, high CBD....or so I've heard... Smile

Interestingly enough I grew up in the Seattle area for good portion of my teenage years and we had access to what we called UW (University of Washington) Bud. I'm pretty sure knowing what I know now this was all NL derivatives and it was some seriously bad ass pot...in fact it would be almost a decade before pot of this quality became mainstream in other places that I lived.

here's a link to the original nirvana strain.

http://www.nirvanashop.c...ora-indica-10-seeds.html

BTW Have you tried Aurora B? How is it?

Peace.

12NEXT