We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone else no longer able to smoke marijuana? Options

moyshekapoyre
#1 Posted : 3/30/2011 1:49:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have now attempted to smoke pot twice since doing maybe 5-8 ayahuasca sessions. Each time was separated by a month or so. I had friends around smoking as well, so I know the pot was good (for them).

I have come to the conclusion that ayahuasca has destroyed my ability to enjoy marijuana. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

Basically, when I smoke it now, it kind of puts me in a half-way place between this world and the spirit world that I know from aya. It's difficult to appreciate either world, and I feel very scared. At the same time, it is very interesting, because I can decide to be "mostly" in one or the other dimension whenever I choose (though no visuals), and when I decide to come back to this one, I get a rush I can only imagine is similar to the rush you get from skydiving, as it feels like I just "landed" in my body from a skydive without a parachute. But overall the experience is displeasing enough that I will hopefully not be repeating it any time soon.

Have others had these effects also?

P.S. After my first ayahuasca trip, I remember telling my friends that "marijuana is worthless, completely worthless." Not sure if I said this just because I was comparing the two experiences, or if it was a message from mama aya that I should no longer smoke mj.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

I am.
#2 Posted : 3/30/2011 2:35:29 PM

I AM

IME, and 2 friends of mine, if you crack your head open enough, smoking pot can put you halfway back there. Sometimes all the way. One of my friends can't smoke pot period anymore. Every time he smokes, his head instantly opens up and throws him too deep into the trip to function normally.

I know for me, good weed gets very psychedelic if I'm relaxed and in a comfortable atmosphere. Also, I've been told to quit smoking so much. To cut back to a couple times a week instead of a couple times a day, as have several of my friends. And by told, I'm talking about the inner dialogue. Like my head is telling me that daily pot smoking is holding me back.
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

polytrip
#3 Posted : 3/30/2011 5:04:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
cannabis can be very psychedelic, but in a freaky way. Some people like it and some don't. I do like it, but most definately not in social situations. It makes me very withdrawn socially, wich is OK if you're alone, but not with people around.

SnozzleBerry
#4 Posted : 3/30/2011 6:54:27 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

When I take pharma/aya with any sort of regularity, I find my cannabis tolerance plummets. I tend to be a nightly smoker and have found that without fail, in the week or so following a brew session, I will need considerably less weed to get me thoroughly baked. The effects are considerably more pronounced if I've taken multiple brews within a short period of time.
Wiki โ€ข Attitude โ€ข FAQ
The Nexian โ€ข Nexus Research โ€ข The OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
ื’ื ื–ื” ื™ืขื‘ื•ืจ

moyshekapoyre
#5 Posted : 3/30/2011 7:39:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I feel like I also just don't appreciate pot anymore. Because I can take a very small amount, like one toke, and not get locked between dimensions. It makes me feel kind of good but really stupid. I remember before aya, how it felt.. much more euphoria and just so much laughter. At this point if I just want to get high I'll smoke a little changa (just a little).

aetherbound
#6 Posted : 3/30/2011 7:47:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had virtually quit for a short time because I felt like was going to breakthrough when I did smoke it...It was making me very uncomfortable and I was getting tremors and chills with certain weeds....I started using my GVG and the symptoms went away. There was something affecting me adversely when I smoke instead of vaped....go figure....
In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order..Jung
All above writing with the exception of Dr. Jung's quote is pure mushroom encrusted cowpie!

moyshekapoyre
#7 Posted : 3/30/2011 7:54:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ahh, interesting. i will try vaping next time.

Mister_Niles
#8 Posted : 3/30/2011 11:24:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After my days of frequent LSD use, I couldn't smoke cannabis for about 20 years. Total anxiety. Like bad trip anxiety. I eventually got over it ( but I can only vaporize for some reason), just in time for DMT to make me not want to use cannabis.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay