We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
how do you go on after something like that? Options

giver of will
#1 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:13:07 PM

L.ife's S.ubliminal D.ream

Hey guys, I'm new here and I recently just had my first breakthrough experience friday night. You can read about it on my introduction essay thread. Ever since breaking through DMT is all i can think about, I cant study, I cant watch TV, I cant focus on my everyday life goals after seeing whats behind the veil. I used to be obsessed with LSD and now I feel like its NOTHING compared to DMT and now my only interest is in DMT. I am taking a break from this stuff for a while because of this. I am an experienced psychedelic user and this drug has seriously wrapped itself around my mind and wont let go. I cant stop thinking about what I saw, and this happens to me on acid and mushrooms but it fades, I feel like this isnt fading. I know integration is key to going on with your life after an experience like that but the trip was so intense and fast it was like all I learned was the confirmation that those entities exist. How am I supposed to integrate that into my life?
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Entropymancer
#2 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:26:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

giver of will
#3 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:27:48 PM

haha, but im not living in the woods Razz
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. It goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride." - Bill Hicks

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:30:24 PM

The Great Namah

"One doesn't obsess over DMT, one obsesses over the experience" - don't remember who

It does eventually calm down. The first breakthrough is the hardest to integrate, at least in my experience.

Give it time...do some spiritual reading..you may find some answers there.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 3/28/2011 4:40:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

giver of will wrote:
haha, but im not living in the woods Razz

Of course not, but the wisdom still applies. The full saying as it's usually quoted is "Before enlightenment, chop wood carry water; after enlightenment, chop wood carry water." It's thrown around quite a lot here, but on the other hand it's very apt wisdom for approaching life after a peak experience like DMT. Living your life is the most important thing in your life; living it mindfully is the key, and in my experience that's the result of positive integration. There are still basic needs and obligations to be met.

giver of will
#6 Posted : 3/28/2011 5:01:14 PM

Entropymancer wrote:

Living your life is the most important thing in your life; living it mindfully is the key

Could not agree with you more, LSD has shown me that. I'm just having trouble staying focused on it after that experience.

Xt
#7 Posted : 3/28/2011 5:15:09 PM

I don't have any particular wisdom for you here, but i can share my experience. After taking DMT for the first time i was shocked. The experience itself was all sentient light beings, intergalactic worm holes and a deep personal message. To sum it up, it couldn't have been better.

For several days / weeks following the experience i would stop in my tracks where ever i was and sit. I would come to tears at the sheer power and force of the experience. The awe and disbelief at what i had experienced was almost too much. When this happened i would breath a deep sigh and just let go internally. I had to accept what had happened and move on or... or i don't know what, i wasn't willing to get spun out.

Never forget how fucking incredible it is to be alive. Its a miraculous thing to experience this world, and yes DMT can rock you to your core... but if life isn't do that for you already then maybe its just what you needed?

I don't know, chop wood - fetch water.
Sometimes it takes time to integrate these lessons, you cannot rush that process.

Namaste

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

sansans
#8 Posted : 3/28/2011 6:31:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Xt wrote:
Never forget how fucking incredible it is to be alive. Its a miraculous thing to experience this world, and yes DMT can rock you to your core...

when i was coming out of my first experience, which i believe was a breakthrough, this- "never forget how fucking incredible it is to be alive" - was it. because towards the end, i felt like i could feel the processes taking place necessary to re-enable my life, post-dmt. i would run into some choice which i can no longer remember, and it would be made for me, and i was in total awe at the stakes - like everything was realigning to remake what had been undone, this time for me to see. every move, every thought of mine relied on so many other factors, i felt such a great responsibility (it wasn't even appreciation at this point, i was in awe at the chain of connections and even afraid i would bring it all down) once the decisions were handed back over to me. all i could come to was this, never forget how amazing and important it is that you are alive.

after this, it goes without saying (for myself at least), that everything *you* do is important. relaxing, producing, sharing, 'nursing' -- and at the same time, it's put the infinite into my mind and eyes, lightening everything up.

Enoon
#9 Posted : 3/28/2011 7:02:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Don't resist the feeling of amazement or bewilderment when it arises. The more you resist it, the more it will haunt you IME. Let it pass through you, let yourself explore it, ride the waves of what arises from the depths of your self, but don't hold on to them or reject them. Both of them will cause yourself to knot up. All things flow, so let it flow Smile
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

universecannon
#10 Posted : 3/28/2011 7:21:21 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

one day at a time i guess..

let the craziness blooming in your mind humble you and channel it into creative activities that benefit you and the world

read some good books! (many AMAZING- and relevant- ones are in the book bin thread)

paint draw dance sculpt create music hiking grow plants photography writing meditation yoga

do what you gotta do

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

tetra
#11 Posted : 3/28/2011 7:39:36 PM

BaconBerry

Seeing the endless choir of angels (for lack of a better word) extending forever in a sort of stadium that was my ceiling; traveling in the astral body through a green maze full of "elves"; a dolphin made of light swimming through my blanket; a gazing eye looking at me through a comforting darkness beyond darkness; purple and white light shaped like spheres exploding down upon me. Weeping at the beauty of it all; laughing hysterically in stunned amazement.

Creation, not obsession. Let DMT inspire you, but do not let it replace your life.
The Shift is About to Hit the Fan

giver of will
#12 Posted : 3/28/2011 8:08:00 PM

thanks guys, our lives are the most precious things on this earth. DMT truely is inspiring.

TheFly
#13 Posted : 3/29/2011 12:18:20 AM

The Fly

I used to be obsessed with the concept of infinity id stay up all night just calculating random infinite graphs on my computer to help me understand better eventually the feeling faded away ten TheFly smoked dmt and had his first break through after that i was completly obsessed again and thankfully the person i was with was into that sorta thing so i talked and talked and talked about ungraspable concepts long story short i ended up realizing that i was wastig alot of energy into this concept. So i've learned to be patient and let your experiences to come to you.
Existence is an illusion of an experience with states of minds and functions of memory to entice you that it is in fact real.

Kookaburra
#14 Posted : 3/29/2011 6:41:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would recommend, don't be too hard on yourself. Smile My friend was obsessed with DMT for months after she first encountered it. It's still a huge part of her life, whether or not she's actively engaging with it, but the intensity of the drive tapered down after a while. It's an amazing experience, and totally understandable that it captures your attention. Just try to remember it is there and will always be there, so you can get on to other things in the meantime. Smile
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

Felnik
#15 Posted : 3/29/2011 3:45:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this kind of obsession is normal when the experience hits certain people a
Certain way . In my early days after a few powerful journeys I always felt like
Richard dryfus in Close Encounters
Building a mountain out of mashed potatoes .

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about the dmt
Experience in some way. This, even after quite a few years of exploration.
I don't think it will ever go away for me . There is nothing like it on the planet.

That being said chopping wood is great advice.
Living your life fully engaged loving the people around you .
Integration in this reality is beautiful and important .
Dmt forces a larger perspective on everything .
Flow with it .
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

BananaForeskin
#16 Posted : 3/29/2011 7:07:34 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Not to say that integration isn't very, very important; but I've found that a single breakthrough can frequently be like reading the beginning of a book. To be satisfied and joyfully continue on it may be necessary to read the middle and the end of the book-- another breakthrough or two or three, usually the entities will tell you when it is time to go back and I've rarely been tempted to disobey that message.

I'm not a musical man, but a long time ago a Nexian said that playing the didgeridoo one of the best ways to ground thmemselves. I started playing the didgeridoo too... and it helps!
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

Kookaburra
#17 Posted : 3/29/2011 7:11:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BananaForeskin wrote:
Not to say that integration isn't very, very important; but I've found that a single breakthrough can frequently be like reading the beginning of a book. To be satisfied and joyfully continue on it may be necessary to read the middle and the end of the book-- another breakthrough or two or three

Good point! My friend left off with a cliffhanger & then ran out of DMT (https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=194032), and until she was able to go back and resolve things for herself, everything seemed a lot more pressing.
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

acolon_5
#18 Posted : 3/29/2011 7:30:54 PM

The Great Namah

BananaForeskin wrote:
Not to say that integration isn't very, very important; but I've found that a single breakthrough can frequently be like reading the beginning of a book. To be satisfied and joyfully continue on it may be necessary to read the middle and the end of the book-- another breakthrough or two or three, usually the entities will tell you when it is time to go back and I've rarely been tempted to disobey that message.

I'm not a musical man, but a long time ago a Nexian said that playing the didgeridoo one of the best ways to ground thmemselves. I started playing the didgeridoo too... and it helps!

The didgeridoo is a great way to ground, and if you can keep it up for a while (and circular breathe or bounce breathe), a wonderful nonchemical way to get into a very deep trance.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

۩
#19 Posted : 3/29/2011 7:49:13 PM

This same thing happened to me.

I will always be obsessed. Twisted Evil

giver of will
#20 Posted : 3/29/2011 7:54:53 PM

BananaForeskin wrote:

I just felt like the entities were already upset that i was there in the first breakthrough, and it only lasted 20-30 seconds. The first time I hit the stuff I just heard this explosive thought in my head the second i hit the bed after the third hit, "THEY JUST USED YOU!!!". It was kind of frightening.

12NEXT