We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia Smoking Method Options

timothydeez
#1 Posted : 3/27/2011 10:26:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM recently got some 5x salvia. SWIM was advised in Nexus Chat that this would be potent enough to get breakthrough experiences. However, so far, SWIM has been unsatisfied with the results. He suspects this is because of his smoking method: once out of a small bowl, and once out of a sloppy, homemade "lung" that SWIM's friend threw together in about 10 minutes. SWIM wants to purchase something ($100 tops) that would provide a more effective way to smoke salvia.

SWIM is considering either a GVG or small-mid sized bong. Advice/Suggestions?
Inward Outing Enthusiast.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

archaos90
#2 Posted : 3/27/2011 10:51:08 PM

Johan

This is a home made way to maximize smoke intake.

What you need is:
1x - Standard sized bucket.
1x - A water plastic water bottle, with the volume of 1,5 liter or 2 liter, with the plastic screw cap.
1x - Some aluminium foil.
1x - Something sharp and thin to put holes in the foil with.

What you need to do is:
1. Take the bottle and cut away the bottom so that the hole in the bottom is as wide as the the bottle.
2. Take a knife and cut away the top side of the screw cap, but make sure that you can screw it back on the bottle with ease. Now, take a small piece of foil and make a small cup of it, to fit into the hole of the screw cap. Then put some holes into the bottom of it. This is where the salvia will burn.
3. Fill the bucket with enough water, so that 4-5cm of the top of the bottle is above the surface when the bottle's bottom touches the bottom of the bucket.
4. Fill your cup (the screw cap) with salvia and put it losely back on the bottle (make sure that the bottom of the bottle now touches the bottom of the bucket).
5. Grab the strongest lighter you can find and as the salvia is burning, you slowly lift the bottle up and watch the bottle get filled with smoke, but not so that the bottom of the bottle is above the surface. Now, stop burning the salvia and screw the cap off. Put your mouth around the top of the bottle and slowly move the bottle to the bottom of the bucket. Don't breath in, just let the smoke get pushed into your lungs by the water pressure.

In Sweden we call this "att hinka", roughly meaning "bucket-ing". A very effective method of getting as much smoke in the lungs as fast as possible. Risk for caughing is dramatically decreased (as you're not actually breathing the smoke). Doing this with salvia x20+ extracts is in effect a railgun-like cannon to places ineffable.
Truth is a democratic decision if a detail of an experience is part of reality or not. The same criteria applies to reality. If you and I have experiences based on the same something, that something is to us real. Reality is a democratic agreement, and I'm a rebel.

"That was so strange... I've never been imagined before!" - Me, after a session of smoked salvia, where I merged with my friend through eye contact, while losing the boundaries of my ego.

If one is first to discover a new galaxy, there is no way to distinguish the difference between discovery and creation. They just become synonymous.

Metanoia
#3 Posted : 3/27/2011 11:03:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's better to start small, so that was good advice you received in the chat. There is a definite reverse tolerance with Salvia, so it may take some time to reach breakthrough effects. Just be persistent with it and you'll go deeper with further attempts.

I also noticed that when I started to get my smoking method down, my experiences became much more intense. I suggest a small or mid-size water bong. I haven't tried a GVG with Salvia so I can't give advice, but a bong works perfectly fine. A gravity bong, or bucket bong would work as well, but I wouldn't want to smoke through aluminum foil. You can make it using a bowl, like it shows in this picture here:

It's more cost effective than a glass water bong, but I much prefer a nice glass bong over a homemade bucket/gravity bong. You could get a nice mid-sized glass bong for under $100 easy. As for the technique itself, you just need to take as much smoke as you can in one toke and hold it for as long as you can. Just be persistent and you'll get there. Try not to up the dosage in an attempt to reach effect faster, however. Use the same amount, just a few pinches of your 5x, so that you can take it all in one hit and hold it. Less is more with this plant, remember.