We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ring of Ice - Nomans STB Tek - Motes of Spice Options

Faust
#1 Posted : 8/28/2008 4:56:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello DMT-Nexus forums,

SWIM has just completed a 50g extraction of MHRB, following Nomans Tek to the letter. SWIM has not had much luck. After doing an initial 5g MHRB extraction just to get the Tek down pat (a ridiculously small amount decidedly), using the 8oz collection jars, which worked swimmingly (excuse the pun). The first pull spilled ALL over SWIM's lap leaving a solution of Naptha-DMT on his crotch after a day of freeze-precipitation, the 2-3rd pull yielded very little in terms of crystals.

Now, on to the issue at hand, this second extraction of a full 50g of powdered/pulverized MHRB inner root bark (which has been sitting in the ziplock from *removed*) for nearly 6 months. SWIM has found the first and second pull of a very closely followed Noman's STB Tek have yielded rings of ice at the bottom of the collection jar. What was apparently only ice, as after crushing it up and depositing it in the coffee filter -- it has evaporated into nothing. Exactly it's disappeared. The coffee filters were set out in the open air of a 22C room for a few hours.

What has SWIM done wrong? What can be salvaged here? There were only 3 visible crystals stuck to the sides of the collection jar (8oz) after the 50g extraction 1st and 2nd pull. SWIM still has the jar of MHRB in the closet in the darkest corner which is agitated 3 times daily. It has been sitting there for nearly 28 hours, could the DMT spicey goodness still be in the dark-jet-black mixing jar of the mason type?

Signed slightly optimistic,
SWIM bland & spiceless
STB

* Edited by Coschi: removed mention of MHRB source - not to be discussed here
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Noman
#2 Posted : 8/28/2008 8:17:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your friend should evaporate some of his solvent and see if there's anything in there to precip.
Then he'll know whether he has a precip problem or an extraction problem.
Don't throw anything away.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 8/28/2008 9:00:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
What was apparently only ice, as after crushing it up and depositing it in the coffee filter -- it has evaporated into nothing

Make sure that there is not water residue in your jars....maybe you have cleansed your jars before? Remove the ice, evap the solvent to 50ml and try again.

lorax
#4 Posted : 8/28/2008 10:18:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM always uses the same jars for precip without cleaning them.. there's so many lovely crystals still sticking to them. SWIM usually heats his naphtha a little before precip so that all the leftover crystals sticking to the sides of the jar will also dissolve into the solution so that they may precip along with the rest.

its also good to precip another time after the first.. SWIM has often noticed some more crystals falling out. he once yielded 0.3g from the second precip.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 8/28/2008 2:22:41 PM

The Great Namah

cheech wrote:
SWIM always uses the same jars for precip without cleaning them.. there's so many lovely crystals still sticking to them. SWIM usually heats his naphtha a little before precip so that all the leftover crystals sticking to the sides of the jar will also dissolve into the solution so that they may precip along with the rest.

its also good to precip another time after the first.. SWIM has often noticed some more crystals falling out. he once yielded 0.3g from the second precip.

Cheech, next time don't heat up the naphtha. Leaving those crystals in there is called "seeding". Those crystals will continue to grow and you will have larger crystals than you would have otherwise.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

WSaged
#6 Posted : 8/28/2008 9:17:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The first pull spilled ALL over SWIM's lap leaving a solution of Naptha-DMT on his crotch after a day of freeze-precipitation,

NO, man.... Your supposed to smoke it!!!Laughing

Sorry, I couldn't let that go!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

WSaged
#7 Posted : 8/28/2008 9:33:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

O.K., now seriously,
When you have your Naptha that is ready for freeze precip, Let it sit in an open jar, at an angle, on the counter for about 30 min or so. Any water will fall to the bottom and join together.
Then use the ole' turkey baster to slowly transfer the Naptha from the first jar, into the one you plan to use for freeze precip. When you get towards the bottom of the first jar, be careful not to disturb the water, or suck it up into the baster!! When there is only a small bit of Naptha left in the first jar, I use an eye dropper to remover the water from under whats left of the Naptha. Then transfer, or pour the rest of the Naptha into the freeze jar and seal it up good before starting the freeze process!!!
If your freeze jar is not completely sealed, oxygen in the jar & freezer can precipitate onto the insides of your jar and create ice & water in you freeze preciped Naptha. So check that out too!!
I use small-to-medium size jelly jars for freeze precipitating and I seal the top with plastic wrap and a rubber band, then I twist the lid very tightly on top of that!!

Cheers!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!