We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First cuppa golden pee. Options

alzabo
#1 Posted : 3/27/2011 5:26:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After all the good things I've been hearing about the vine, I decided to give it a try. In the past I've had ayahuasca but only mixed in with everything else (chaliponga, chacruna, mimosa, san pedro).
This time I decided to try some cielo on it's own just to try and get a feel for it.
I've got 25g going in the herbal percolator at a slow drip. I've been drinking it over the last couple days, just as soon as there's enough for a goblet full.
Using just water as the eluent, it tastes great. The aroma is really very nice and it has this earthiness to it. The color was bright clear yellow at first...now it's starting to turn a cloudy orange (almost like carrot juice!) as the percolator starts to drain slower and the brew gets denser. After adding a bit of fumaric acid to the water, most of the vines unique taste is destroyed. It's still palatable but not nearly as interesting.
As far as effects, it feels the same as rue to me. My tongue is cold and I am relaxed.
The colors last afternoon seemed extra rich but that may be normal.

Question:
Is it ok to mix kava kava and aya? I couldn't find any info on the net about that.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/27/2011 5:34:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

hmm from what I remember you def should not mix kava with harmalas..but I am not 100% sure on that so do a google search or something to be sure.
Long live the unwoke.

alzabo
#3 Posted : 3/28/2011 2:58:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Using Kava with MAOIs may result in hypotensive crisis (severe blood pressure drop).

ayahuasca.com/science/
What foods and drugs need to be avoided?

I've eaten about 0.50g powdered kava-kava root over the course of the day.

Quantitative results:
Heart Rate: 96BPM
(nothing else to measure)

Qualitative results:
There seems to be some modulation, the feeling is different than either alone.
There seems to be some potentiation, the feeling is stronger than either alone.

I feel significantly more altered than half a gram of kava would normally make me feel.
Muscles are especially relaxed. The feeling is much more lucid than an equivalent intensity of kava alone.

Although I feel quite good, I'll stop taking either substance for now as my resting heart rate is not normally that high.
I may try this combo again, especially if I acquire a blood pressure monitor. It does feel nice.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.