We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How does one spread conciousness? Options

TheFly
#1 Posted : 3/27/2011 7:30:16 AM

The Fly

I was wondering with out the use of any mind altering substance how does one go about spreading conciousness?
Existence is an illusion of an experience with states of minds and functions of memory to entice you that it is in fact real.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

a1pha
#2 Posted : 3/27/2011 7:34:29 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

What do you mean by 'spreading consciousness'?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Pet
#3 Posted : 3/27/2011 7:43:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you mean 'how do you expand consciousness?'

TheFly
#4 Posted : 3/27/2011 7:49:23 AM

The Fly

Well technically i don't know exactly, but im not yanking anybodies chain. Umm I think i just realised i dont know exactly how to describe what concious is. How does one describe consiousness?
Existence is an illusion of an experience with states of minds and functions of memory to entice you that it is in fact real.

a1pha
#5 Posted : 3/27/2011 8:09:50 AM

TheFly wrote:
Umm I think i just realised i dont know exactly how to describe what concious is.

There's the first step - What exactly is consciousness?

Wut? Stop

TheFly
#6 Posted : 3/27/2011 8:11:49 AM

The Fly

Okay well how does one expand awareness and spread this knowledge without ethobotanicals?

autophagia
#7 Posted : 3/27/2011 8:12:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a you? how do you know there is a me?
"The mind acts like an enemy for those who cannot control it." -Krishna

a1pha
#8 Posted : 3/27/2011 8:21:04 AM

Expand the awareness and spread the knowledge of what?

ms_manic_minxx
#9 Posted : 3/27/2011 8:32:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say it might be interesting to expand one's personal awareness of the consciousness in everything. Very happy

It seems to me, also, like self-awareness and consciousness are self-generating--so it isn't something you could spread. It has to happen... which is why preaching and pushing ideas, and revolutions by force never work.

I suppose one could also argue that bacteria, seeds, and all sorts of things are conscious and we do spread those, so in a sense, we are spreading consciousness, but without awareness of consciousness it is not a conscious spreading of consciousness.

UM?! Twisted Evil
Some things will come easy, some will be a test

Shrabbit420
#10 Posted : 3/27/2011 9:04:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ms_manic_minxx wrote:
but without awareness of consciousness it is not a conscious spreading of consciousness.

LOL, what?
Do you mean without us being awareness of their consciousness, Or without them being awareness of their own consciousness.

I guess it could be either, depending on how you want to interpret it, but I'm gonna go with the latter, just for fun.

What if, what we mean by expanding/spreading consciousness we mean becoming more aware of our own consciousness. If what separates us from the seeds, bacteria, jellyfish, even animals, was self awareness. Then wouldn't becoming more self-aware (i.e. expanding/spreading consciousness) be considered a type of evolution?

So yeah, who wouldn't want to evolve (i.e. expand/spread their consciousness), we see animals doing it, and us humans certainly love to do it.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

endlessness
#11 Posted : 3/27/2011 10:31:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TheFly
#12 Posted : 3/27/2011 10:49:25 AM

The Fly

endlessness wrote:

I have not seen that thread here, thanks for the link!Very happy

Enoon
#13 Posted : 3/27/2011 11:11:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

so yesterday I was listening to interviews and little talks by and with spiritual people with extraordinary teachers and stories to tell. One theme that was repeated throughout the very different interviews was that these people really felt change come over them by being in the presence of their teachers, which was sometimes so pronounced that they felt completely altered afterwards, full of love and this notion of liberation.
My point is that sometimes the presence of another highly conscious being is enough to rattle someone else's being into being awake or at least glimpsing this higher developed state and developing a yearning for it. So one way to spread consciousness I suppose is to develop it in yourself to a very high degree - by which ever means you want to - and then interact. Offer assistance, or just be the presence of consciousness that others can't deny. Make an effort to be super-present and transparent to the true energy that flows through all... whenever you meet others.

cheers & love
Enoon

Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

TheFly
#14 Posted : 3/27/2011 9:48:18 PM

The Fly

autophagia wrote:
Is there a you? how do you know there is a me?

Well there is a Me in the sense that i get hungry, thirsty, & sleepy and cold illusion or not i still feel these things whether I'm part of a whole or the whole of the part, infinity small or infinity big. I believe that I, You & Me are the same infinite being but we are forced to experience in a limited perception appearing that everything is separate.

Eternal_LVX
#15 Posted : 3/27/2011 10:19:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks
All statements by Eternal_LVX are fictional and completely insane and should not be taken seriously. Do not attempt any of these procedures without the supervision of your own eternally divine soul.

"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terrence McKenna

My first breakthrough experience!

smokerx
#16 Posted : 3/27/2011 10:31:24 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

imagine there was only a sound and no silence. would you be able to experience it ? would you know that this is the sound. NO. every sound come out of silence and become silence. this way the sound can experience it self through silence.

the same is with you. you are not a "JON SOMEBODY , BORN IN CERTAIN DAY, CITISEN OF SOMECOUNTRY BLA BLA BLA " you are only experiencing being this individual where in fact you are all that is but if you where only all that is would you be able to experience it ? do you understand ? DMT shows you the reall esence of your self.

well this is what i think. THE GOD IS EXPERIENCING ITS SELF THROUGH ALL OF AS AND THAT IS THE SECRET OF LIFE. WE ARE ALL GOD AND GOD IS ALL AS.

confused anough ? Smile
We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

smokerx
#17 Posted : 3/27/2011 10:41:55 PM

ThGiL fO TiRipS

oh yes and just to add to what is said. this is the reason why DMT and other subtances are so controled. do you think taht those on the top of the pyaramid who have the knowledge whants people to find out who they really are ? if all people woke up today the world you as you know it today would seize to exist.

no more slavery and no more powerty, no more money and ownership. no more hate and envy. only love and reall joy and happyness.

We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another.

We are all living in our own feces.

Enoon
#18 Posted : 3/28/2011 12:48:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Eternal_LVX wrote:
"We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks

Quote:
oh yes and just to add to what is said. this is the reason why DMT and other subtances are so controled. do you think taht those on the top of the pyaramid who have the knowledge whants people to find out who they really are ? if all people woke up today the world you as you know it today would seize to exist.

no more slavery and no more powerty, no more money and ownership. no more hate and envy. only love and reall joy and happyness.

[...]

imagine there was only a sound and no silence. would you be able to experience it ? would you know that this is the sound. NO. every sound come out of silence and become silence. this way the sound can experience it self through silence.

the same is with you. you are not a "JON SOMEBODY , BORN IN CERTAIN DAY, CITISEN OF SOMECOUNTRY BLA BLA BLA " you are only experiencing being this individual where in fact you are all that is but if you where only all that is would you be able to experience it ? do you understand ? DMT shows you the reall esence of your self.

well this is what i think. THE GOD IS EXPERIENCING ITS SELF THROUGH ALL OF AS AND THAT IS THE SECRET OF LIFE. WE ARE ALL GOD AND GOD IS ALL AS.

confused anough ?

So, can someone explain to me what these things have to do with the spreading of consciousness, the furthering of awareness or something like this? Posting profound but for a discussion meaningless quotes or statements is definitely not spreading consciousness IMO... sorry for being so blunt.

Let me try to break this topic down a bit... Consciousness is, the way I see it, in everyone already. The thing is it's not equally developed in everyone. So what we really want to spread or further is the development or evolution of consciousness. I think this is what the OP was saying, right?

So first we have to make an assumption, which is that everyone conscious also has the potential to become more conscious. And then we have to figure out how to start the process of expanding or furthering this consciousness. I think a great and very general way is just to provide input - in the form of books, movies, dialogues, studies, entheogens, humans, art... Not all of these will have an effect on you / the person you want to help develop, however if you can sort of feel out the person I think it's quite possible to figure out what kind of input can be used to inoculate the other with an idea... of something more.

Something that requires movement, requires the person to change in order to understand or reach...

In the end you have to let nature do its thing and hope that the seeds/spores you plant will fruit, and the potential of higher consciousness can be unravelled. You can be a guide, a teacher, or simply offer moral support. Maybe even give a jump-start here or there. but it all relies on some kind of transfer of information and energy I would say.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Eternal_LVX
#19 Posted : 3/28/2011 1:04:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What I was implying with that quote was that there is no need to "spread" consciousness because we are all one consciousness already. The only reason why we feel the need to spread consciousness is because we are experiencing our Divine Self subjectively. What that means is that we feel separate but we are all united. The definition of God is all-pervading, omniscient, omnipotent.

The same power that is within God is within us. If you feel that you are in union with the all pervading consciousness of Divinity (however you wanna call it) then you will realize that you are Divine. We can argue all day about the details but let's face it.

I respect all other people's opinions so I hope everyone will respect mine. I'm not trying to force my opinion that we are all divine but I'm not going to back down from it or apologize either.
All statements by Eternal_LVX are fictional and completely insane and should not be taken seriously. Do not attempt any of these procedures without the supervision of your own eternally divine soul.

"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terrence McKenna

My first breakthrough experience!

Xt
#20 Posted : 3/28/2011 2:43:25 AM

My own interpretation of his would be as follows:

Taking entheogens seems to quite often result in something that can be described as increasing the sensation of awareness of reality. I cannot quantify this sensation, but it equates to feeling at peace. This has a knock on effect whereby i notice more beauty in the world, gain increasing levels of empathy and understanding. This may be in the form of direct lessons or revelations relating to my life, behavior or situation. It also helps me to lessen the acts born out of negative emotion and also to transmute anger and dissatisfaction into positive action.

What i am describing here basically sums up the reasons why i use entheogens. My personal flavor of "spirituality" is not about god or entitys or even alternate dimensions, its about becoming more lucid (conscious) and appreciating reality as much as possible. I use these practices to become more intune with the world i live in.

I find this difficult to put into words but i hope i at least communicated at least a little of what im about.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

12NEXT