We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : Which entheogen has taught you the most?
Choice Votes Statistics
Ayahuasca 12 30 %
N,N,-DMT or 5-MeO-DMT 4 10 %
Psilocybin mushrooms 15 37 %
Cacti (mescaline) 2 5 %
Iboga (Ibogaine) 0 0 %
LSD-25 4 10 %
Salvia Divinorum 3 7 %
Harmalas (harmaline) 0 0 %
MDMA 0 0 %

Sacred Medicine Options

Rising Spirit
#1 Posted : 3/27/2011 12:32:45 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Granted, there are far too many significant entheogens to limit within a poll with only nine choices. That being said, there are dozens of them which have had significant historical usage and are still available to the majority of us today. The 21St century psychonaut has access to many Sacred Medicines. Which of these psychedelics has most impacted your perception? I know... they all do in their own unique way and yeah, it is ridiculous to make any across the board comparisons. Each one has it's own language and potentiality to offer our subjective awareness.

But sometimes it is enlightening to compare notes about which psychedelic has touched us the most profoundly or initiated the most powerful breakthroughs experiences. Also, there is only one category in which a mixture of Medicines is a choice, Ayahuasca. What can I say, nothings perfect? If we had room for a dozen choices, I would have opted for a few alternate spins on this poll. Thanx for dropping by and having a look. I hope you venture a vote so we can take a peek at the favorites and reflect on the results. :idea:
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/27/2011 2:16:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I chose ayahuasca. Mushrooms and cacti are up there as well, but I find that really ayahuasca sort of stands alone as something very important. Analogue brews and other harmala/DMT combinations might fit in that category as well..I have never worked with iboga.
Long live the unwoke.

Metanoia
#3 Posted : 3/28/2011 8:11:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had to vote for Salvia. It might seem a strange choice to many people here, but it has most impacted my perception. I've worked with mushrooms, LSD, MDMA, Ayahuasca, and some others not listed here, but Salvia is the one that stands out for me. I have yet to smoke a breakthrough dose of DMT, so perhaps when that happens, my opinion will change. But somehow, I still think Salvia will have a special place in my heart.

Wax
#4 Posted : 8/21/2013 2:01:34 AM

LUVR

Although I have yet to try iboga or ayahuasca, I had to vote for salvia. Salvia is the reason I am at the Nexus today, it is the main reason I came to love and respect plant medicines so vehemently and still to this day it is the most powerful experience I have ever witnessed. Salvia completely and utterly changed me. I can't say that I enjoyed it whatsoever, but that isn't what this is all about now, is it?

'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Pup Tentacle
#5 Posted : 8/21/2013 2:09:01 AM

lettuce

I voted mushrooms

Time and time again shrooms consistently slap cosmic sense into me like no other entheogen. I think DMT has proven very motivational as far as changing things in my life that need changed, diet, exercise, etc., but mushrooms really PUSH me to be a better person regardless of how difficult that may be. Not always a good time, but 90% of the time it's a worthwhile time Smile
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Rising Spirit
#6 Posted : 8/21/2013 4:29:08 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Wax wrote:
Although I have yet to try iboga or ayahuasca, I had to vote for salvia. Salvia is the reason I am at the Nexus today, it is the main reason I came to love and respect plant medicines so vehemently and still to this day it is the most powerful experience I have ever witnessed. Salvia completely and utterly changed me. I can't say that I enjoyed it whatsoever, but that isn't what this is all about now, is it?

Wow, thanks for re-opening this old thread! Odd... with the thousands of members here art the Nexus, only 20 have actually voted and two of those are as recent as today. But I sincerely thank all of those members who volunteered their choices for our collective observation and mutual edification. Thumbs up

And I too, share your deep respect and sheer amazement for Salvia Divinorum. No substance can so immediately remove one's sense of self and habitual conditioning. Brothers Gibran2, Dioxyppus and Burning Mouth, have shared quite a bit of significant data about this intense entheogen and it is one of my Medicine Allies, for sure. And no... it's not a "fun" experience but it yields a unique perspective, to say the very least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pup Tentacle wrote:
I voted mushrooms. Time and time again shrooms consistently slap cosmic sense into me like no other entheogen. I think DMT has proven very motivational as far as changing things in my life that need changed, diet, exercise, etc., but mushrooms really PUSH me to be a better person regardless of how difficult that may be. Not always a good time, but 90% of the time it's a worthwhile time.

Me too. Partly because in average doses, it is as potent as LSD or Mescaline. And IMHO, in higher doses it is an equal in Hyperspacial, dimension-skipping capabilities, to NN-DMT in it's many guises.

But also and this is key to my preference, I love this Sacred Plant so much because it requires so little preparation, before it is ready to embrace! Pic it, properly dry it and respectfully and reverentially eat it or imbibe it as a tea. So simple... ABC. A natural and earthy delight, linking us to the very Cosmos! No complex chemical extractions needed, lengthy brewing necessary or difficult to achieve procedures. Nothing extra is required to be done, save to fully rely on Mother Nature and the sheer Magik of psilocybin, which is so close to the molecular pattern of both NN-DMT and our own brain's natural Serotonin.

While I'd have to say that NN-DMT is the most immediate mind-expanding psychedelic, and is the most intense energy rush I've ever experienced, shrooms bring me to a similar level at a more moderate rate. This allows or a better degree of the necessary surrender and adjustment to the increase in energy, exponential mind-expansion and a dramatic shift in one's degree of spiritual awareness. To say nothing of the profound visuals accompanying the psychedelic voyage! Cool

But I honor and respect ALL of these plant allies. Each teaches unique, transformative and powerful lessons. When we work with them, as consciously as we are able to, we are wise to resist comparing apples with oranges. Why bother? In other words, I see that for myself, these entheogens are most valuable if viewed through the lens of their own particular qualities and specific flavor and individual merits. But more than anything else, it's so important and primary to understand that the active chemical is only half of the equation, our mind is the equal constituent involved in the trip.

One might go as far as stating that each of these Sacred Medicines is like a highly specific lens which we gaze through, revealing nearly indescribable visions and breakthrough realizations/insights beyond words or quantifiable description. They each gift us a meandering pathway through the myriad levels of conscious-awareness, levels and frequencies of mind-shattering energy.

A blessing and an immense challenge... certainly no joy ride if we refuse to go with the flow of the force of the experience. A profound journey for the subjective experience of the observer of their Magikal play, throughout our nervous systems, brains and subjective field of human observation. Truly, they are gifts from the Sacred One. Spirit guides and great teachers, all of them.
Just sayin'... Big grin
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

mew
#7 Posted : 8/21/2013 4:36:27 AM

huachumancer

hail cactus, grandfather of communion

jamie
#8 Posted : 8/21/2013 4:54:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

In retrospect I probly learned the from about mushrooms because they came to me first. I had to learn a lot back then..it was like going from zero to wherever I am now. Salvia divinorum played a major role back then as well maybe equal to mushrooms. DMT kind of takes over where mushrooms left off..sorta.
Long live the unwoke.

adam
#9 Posted : 8/21/2013 5:56:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is difficult b/c changa is sort of a grey area. Personally vaped dmt, changa, and aya, are all apart of the dmt entheogenic spectrum in my mind. I chose ayahuasca though, because of all my trips ayahuasca has given me one trip in particular that I hold closest to my heart, which was the experience of pure unadulterated love, communion with the clear light, an experience with a seemly omnipotent being of pure light, and love. For that experience I am eternally grateful to ayahuasca because I remember the vines role in that experience, I could feel the spirit of the vine leading me. But, dmt however you get it to the brain is fine with me. mushrooms are close second, cacti third, lsd fourth.

keleblin
#10 Posted : 9/5/2013 1:04:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had to vote for mushrooms. I've yet to have a proper ayahuasca trip and while I've learned a lot from vaped DMT, mushrooms are really what laid the groundwork for that DMT-based learning. Psilocybin is such a mixed bag of experiences. I've had DMT-level experiences at the peak of high dose trips (including my first full ego death), I've connected and bonded with people in ways that would be difficult with DMT (DMT is too personally engrossing to really share timeless moments with other people), and it has allowed me to 'be a kid again' and experience the world as if I was seeing it all for the first time all over again.