We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Taking Mimosa/Rue for 1st time, excited/terrified, need help Options

quantagy
#1 Posted : 3/26/2011 5:46:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've searched and searched recipes and think I have a good one, just could benefit from some last minute informed feedback to help my nerves:

3 grams syrian rue, powdered and reduced to a tea
3-5 grams (game time decision) powdered mimosa, reduced to a tea.

Plan on drinking rue 30 minutes prior to mimosa. Have a hurl bucket ready.

I realize these things are addressed in multiple places, just need a last minute "looks good" to help with my nerves.

Will definitely supply report later.

Thanks so much!

"We're all in this together, by ourselves." --Lily Tomlin

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Global
#2 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:11:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I think you've got things pretty straight. Those are the dosages I use for myself, and things go splendidly. You'll wanna be on an empty stomach, and I've found that holding your nose while drinking the mimosa helps with the taste immensely (I practically didn't taste it). Let's see...what else? Make sure you have a nice blanket close by cause I always have a pretty hard time regulating my body temperature. In that 30 min period between taking the rue and the mimosa, I would recommend a positive meditation session. A mental exercise that I find supremely helpful is to imagine how I feel after accomplishing something awesome or unexpected and feeling that gratification and euphoria of having already done whatever that is. Also I dunno if you've already made the mimosa beverage, but making sure it's well filtered is essential to reducing ill sensations and nausea. Make sure you put a lot of time and attention into your brew. I always thought it sounded like a sham of sorts when people would say to pour your love into the ayahuasca, but after trying it...I swear to god it works out much better in the end. That's all I can think of for right now, but I have high hopes for you.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

ragabr
#3 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:22:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Agreed. Also, perhaps having a second brew on hand, in case you purge too early or feel like you would like to go deeper.

Maybe brew 6g of mimosa total, and split into two cups, and a second serving of harmala tea as well?
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

quantagy
#4 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:58:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both, that is all very helpful and reassuring. I have been fasting since yesterday evening, and drinking only tea today. I'm heading home from a training now to prepare the brews. There's been such an electric anticipation all day (week, really) that I can't help but think of McKenna's description of major future events reaching back and casting their shadow on our present moment.

Tremendous!

Thanks again! See you all on the other side!

alzabo
#5 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:19:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You may want to eat a small snack before or after drinking in order to help it come on quicker.
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Global
#6 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:26:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Yes, and when all's said and done, please let us know how it went.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

Xt
#7 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:59:41 PM

Not eaten since yesterday, trained today... head first into a psychedelic experience with something you've never tried before?
Expect to be a little tired when your down.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

quantagy
#8 Posted : 3/27/2011 1:58:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Follow up:

I will take the next day or so to put together a suitable experience report detailing last night, but for now, in a notshall, all I can say is "TASTE OF ANCIENTNESS."

I just want to thank everyone who posted in this thread, and special thanks to gobalswg for some last minute advice: your guys's/girls' comments really helped me to have a positive and light-filled first time. The first of many, I'm sure.

Thanks again!

ragabr
#9 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:56:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome to hear! Looking forward to your report.
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Rivea
#10 Posted : 3/27/2011 6:00:19 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

The dosages are about what I have tried. 3 grams rue & 7 grams mimosa taking the rue tea 30 minutes before the mimosa tea. Both experiences were amazingly deep. I fasted for nearly 24 hours both times. about 30 minutes after drinking the mimosa it started coming on. I was cold feeling, but felt little nausea. I got in my hot tub once to warm up. I also got in the shower. I know other people can't move around without becoming intensely sick, but I did not have this issue. At times I had huge anxiety and the water was very calming. Each experience was intensely emotional. The comedown was joyful.

I also look forward to hearing about your experience.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

DMTripper
#11 Posted : 3/28/2011 1:41:25 AM

John Murdoch IV

How would you prepare the mimosa?
I only have powdered bark. Can I just boil it for a while and then strain?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Global
#12 Posted : 3/28/2011 3:53:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's the basic idea. I add some vinegar. Refer to that stickied "all about aya" thread or whichever that is at the top of the form for some in-depth directions.