We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Just brewing my first Ayauasca Options

HellFire
#1 Posted : 3/26/2011 11:19:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I’m brewing my ayahuasca right now, and should be drinking it tomorrow, this will be the first time I’ve drunk aya, so can’t wait.

I’m brewing 2 doses, 80g Hawaiian red caapi vine and 10g of MHRB. I’m using tap water (PH 7.44) I added vinegar to about PH 4.80.
The smell of the caapi is sooooo nice, it’s a very refreshing smell, and the smell of the root bark is not nice at all, smells like old type of smell, after smelling root bark I be using chacruna instead lol.

Does anyone every drink this hot?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Lodi
#2 Posted : 3/26/2011 11:38:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good luck Hellfire!

How much psychedelic experience do you have? I am asking since this is your introduction essay, we would all like to know a little more.

Much peace and love.
Happy travels.
Everything I say is fictional, I do not support illegal drug use of any kind, SWIM is a fictional character.

obliguhl
#3 Posted : 3/26/2011 11:40:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you like the smell, wait for the taste of the reduced brew. Honestly, I almost puke a little inside my mouth, everytime i think of the taste. But you should be fine if you reduce properly, down to a very small amount. Just be very careful not to burn it. A shotglass full of ayahuasca is drinkable, and so is unreduced tea (doesnt taste bad at all!)...but everything in between is pretty hard to stomach, and you want to keep all in for at least a while, i guess.

And no, i don't drink it hot. This would just make it even harder to drink down. I also never use citric acid, lemon juice etc. Good you've used vinegar!

Wishing you a fruitful journey!

HellFire
#4 Posted : 3/26/2011 12:27:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I’ve done acid trice, first time was quit boring most of the time was colour shapes even with eyes open, also had trailing fingers and some objects seemed to be dripping, this lasted 12 hours.

Second time was better, had half the dose. I close my eyes then instantly everything was dark like I was in space, I was moving along this rainbow thing, couldn’t see the start or end of it, but seemed like I was moving fast, but had no sensation of speed as I wasn’t in a body, I was just a consciousness, I felt like when you die everything ended up here, I understood how the universe worked, every question had an answer, but every time I asked a question I told myself I don’t need to ask that as I already known the answer, so couldn’t get the answer in plain English, but really felt like I knew the answer.
Nothing on this world mattered anymore, I never cared about power or money or even having the sexiest girl in the world. If felt like I never mattered what you did on this world as everything followed the same path.

I’m on my second boil, the root bark seems really weak now, the smell is weak and the water hasn’t changed colour much, so I won’t be doing another boil with the bark.

pinche
#5 Posted : 3/26/2011 2:30:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Be careful MHRB can be very potent even with just a couple grams. Seriously, start slow and work your way up. Some just start with caapi only brew. This isnt like other psychedelics. You can never go back.Very happy

HellFire
#6 Posted : 3/27/2011 8:05:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just had my first aya brew, had a beaker containing 40g caapi reduced to 200ml and a beaker containing 5g of mimosa reduced to 200ml, the caapli tasted nasty, (not like it was hot before reducing) I found it easier to drink when I diluted some in a small amount of water, as the taste was a lot weaker, when I done this the toffee colour changed to a bright yellow like fresh orange juice ( I thought it would have been red as this is red vine) I still couldn’t drink it fast as this would give me slight nausea feeling, took me an hour to drink it, but the more I had the quicker the nausea feeling would come, but that only lasted about 20 seconds.

After I drunk the caapi I felt nothing, I changed the settings like I had amazon jungle sounds then the beach with relaxing chill sounds but nothing.

So I began to drink the mimosa, drinking this diluted or undiluted made no difference, it was just as horrible to drink, but this probably was from the nausea feeling I had from the caapi, I could only drink about 25ml, anymore and my purge bucket would have been used. 25ml works out as a dose of 625mg.
Within seconds of drinking this small amount I had a very slight tingling in my body and a very soft hum in my ears, and you know that feeling you have just before you pass out when you’ve had anaesthetic I felt this too. When I stood up I felt like my body was being stretched and compressed, when I laid down I could see evil looking faces in patterns from the ceiling, but these weren’t visions. So I expect to have a horror trip if I ever manage to drink the whole dose, but that wouldn’t bother me to much as any trip is better than nothing.

If 625mg of mimosa can do this 5g should give me a very intense trip, this is if I can drink it fast enough without blacking out.

Next weekend I will reduce to 100ml and maybe drink the caapi hot without diluting.

Rooftop
#7 Posted : 3/28/2011 10:13:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HellFire wrote:
So I expect to have a horror trip if I ever manage to drink the whole dose, but that wouldn’t bother me to much as any trip is better than nothing.

If 625mg of mimosa can do this 5g should give me a very intense trip, this is if I can drink it fast enough without blacking out.

Hi HellfireSmile and welcome!

You sound quite fearless, so I will allow myself to tell you two facts about Mimohuasca in case you didn't know:

-it's one of the least predictable substances: the same dose can have very different effects, and two times more sometimes means five times stronger
-high doses of Mimosa have sent more than one not-so-careful-person into the nightmare trip of their life, and left them truly crying for Mama

Deep humility and respect for those plants can save you from some very rough times. How you approach them has a great influence on how they will approach you.

The first experience with Ayahuasca is sometimes a gentle scan, and intensity can rapidly build up in the next sessions, as you might discover.

Let us know how it goes!

it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

HellFire
#8 Posted : 3/29/2011 5:54:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When you say mimosa is least predictable, would you say that the effects from chacruna are normally the same.

The reason I wouldn’t be scared of a horror journey is because I’m used to it, I used to have lots of nightmares, but to me they weren’t nightmares just normal dreams, I still get them sometimes but not as often, I normally just fly away or summon an exit. I can normally remember my dreams in great detail, and when I wake up from a nightmare i say to myself that was a good dream, especially the intense ones.
About 8 years ago I had a dodgy spirit from my Ouija board, again this never scared me and still have the board hanging on my wall,
I think most people get scared of the unknown because they automatically think it’s hostile, when this is not always the case.
I’m I naturally relaxed person who rarely gets stressed, so maybe this has something to do with not getting scared of this type of thing.