We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Chicago Resident Charged With Manufacture/Delivery of 200g+ of DMT and More Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 3/26/2011 4:13:16 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Franklin Park man charged with drug manufacturing

By MARK LAWTON mlawton@pioneerlocal.com wrote:

A Franklin Park resident was charged with producing what police said is a rare and illegal drug in his house on March 16.

Grzegorz Waszezor, 21, of 3133 Ruby St. in Franklin Park was charged with manufacturing and delivery of 200 grams or more of dimethyltryptamine, known as DMT; possession with intent to deliver of Ketamine, known as Special K; and two counts of possession of DMT and Ketamine, said Andy Conklin of the Cook County State's Attorney's office.

Both manufacturing and delivery counts are Class X felonies, while the possession counts are Class One, Conklin said.

Franklin Park police heard the drugs were allegedly being manufactured in the village and staked out Waszezor's house until March 16, when they gained a search warrant.

According to a press release, they allegedly found 27 pounds of unprocessed DMT, 40.3 grams of Special K and drug paraphernalia.

DMT causes hallucinations that typically last five to 15 minutes. It's generally smoked. It's sold by the gram, Franklin Park Police Chief Mike Witz said. If processed, the 27 pounds could sell for $1.8 million.

Ketamine is a drug used in human and veterinary medicine. It also causes hallucinations.

"We had to notify the DEA for help on this one," Witz said. "(DMT) is such an unknown drug in the U.S., even they were surprised."

Waszezor was released on a $150,000 bond on March 18, Conklin said. His next court date is April 11 at Cook County Circuit Court in Maywood.

If convicted, Waszezor faces six to 30 years in prison for manufacturing and delivery and four to 15 years for possession.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Laban Shrewsbury III
#2 Posted : 3/26/2011 4:29:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'If processed, the 27 pounds could sell for $1.8 million.'

Bahahahaha! The wonders of narc economics never cease to amaze.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

napp
#3 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:24:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

$147 a gram...

Bill Cipher
#4 Posted : 3/26/2011 8:07:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope. They're talking about 27 pounds of source material. Say a really good yield produces 200 grams (which it sounds like he's being charged with)... that works out to $9,000 a gram.

That's a bargain at twice the price!

napp
#5 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:00:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was thinking they did the math and found the actual potential DMT content to be 27 pounds of x pounds of root bark. Now that is some serious potential investment return! Who figures that this stuff is worth $9000 a gram?

۩
#6 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:06:24 PM

N,N-DMT is worth 4,000,000$ a gram. Just kidding. Rolling eyes

autophagia
#7 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:16:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess the DEA was getting ripped off, we should recommend that instead of going out and buying their DMT, they could save about 8700, if they just learned to extract for themselves!
"The mind acts like an enemy for those who cannot control it." -Krishna

Dreamwalker
#8 Posted : 3/26/2011 6:18:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
N,N-DMT is worth 4,000,000$ a gram.

N,N-DMT is priceless!

I get upset when I see news articles like this popping up. :evil:

I wish people would stop selling this stuff!

Ellis D'Empty
#9 Posted : 3/26/2011 7:44:08 PM

Snirfneblin

Class X felony eh? Does that mean its nothing?
01:13:08 ‹Ellis DEmpty› I met the people living in my head... I disturbed them while they were sitting down at the table.... They were as shocked as I was!

We were born too soon to explore the cosmos, and to late to explore the earth. Our frontier is the human mind; religion is the ocean we must cross.

State of the Mind
#10 Posted : 3/26/2011 9:58:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no idea how dmt can be sold in such larger quantities. 200g of DMT is around 4000-5000 doses. Is there really a market out there for DMT? I have always thought it to be a very very underground drug. Very few people know about DMT from where I am from.
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 3/26/2011 10:08:18 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Ellis D'Empty wrote:
Class X felony eh? Does that mean its nothing?

Actually, quite the opposite

What is a Class X felony in Illinois?

LEWIS GAINOR on FEBRUARY 22, 2010 wrote:
The Class X felony is, short of first degree murder, the most serious felony offense on the books in Illinois. Upon a finding of guilt, the court cannot sentence the defendant to probation. The offense has a mandatory minimum sentence of 6-30 years in the Department of Corrections. The judge must sentence the defendant to prison. See 730 ILCS 5/5-8-1(a)(3).

The only way a defendant can receive probation is if the prosecution agrees to amend the charge (e.g., by reducing the class of felony to a lower grade that allows probation). Because of the mandatory minimum sentence, the prosecution has all the power in negotiations.

Even a first-time offender who has no criminal background is subject to a mandatory prison sentence. It is not a matter of the judge’s discretion in sentencing.

The following charges are Class X felonies in Illinois:

Aggravated kidnapping, 720 ILCS 5/10-2.
Aggravated battery with a firearm, 720 ILCS 5/12-4.2(a)(1).
Aggravated battery of a child, 720 ILCS 5/12-4.3(a).
Home invasion, 720 ILCS 5/12-11(a)(1)-(2).
Aggravated criminal sexual assault, 720 ILCS 5/12-14.
Predatory criminal sexual assault of a child (over 17 years of age and victim under 13 years old), 720 ILCS 5/12-14.1(1).
Armed robbery, 720 ILCS 5/18-2.
Aggravated vehicular hijacking, 720 ILCS 5/18-4.
Aggravated arson, 720 ILCS 5/20-1.1.
Possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver (such as 15-100 grams or possession with intent to deliver within 1,000 feet of a public park, church, school, or public housing), 720 ILCS 570/401.
As said, probation is not possible under Illinois law for a Class X felony offense. See 730 ILCS 5/5-5-3(c)(2)(C).

When a defendant is charged with a Class X felony offense, negotiations with the prosecution are difficult. The reason is, the prosecution has no reason to negotiate. The State’s position can be, ‘Live or die by the Class X (6-30 years prison), the risk is yours, not ours.’

If the defendant goes to trial and loses, it is 6-30 years. On the other hand, when the prosecution offers to reduce the charge to, for example, a Class 1 felony (4-15 years prison), then rejecting the offer means giving up the possibility of 4 years prison as opposed to 6. Therefore, the defendant would be taking a great risk to refuse a reduced charge from the State.

Generally the only way to get good results in Class X felony cases is to push the matter to trial, and be able to back up the threat of trial. The lawyer must be experienced enough in trial that the State takes him or her seriously when arguing on behalf of the defendant. The prosecutors that are assigned to Class X felonies typically have the most experience from the State’s Attorney’s office from that county. Therefore, the defense lawyer should have just as much experience in order for the case to be evenly matched.

A skilled criminal defense attorney can assist his or her client in a case such as this. It is important to hire a lawyer with substantial felony trial experience.

The author of this blog is Lewis Gainor. He is an attorney who dedicates his law practice exclusively to criminal defense. He represents clients in Illinois courts, and is a member of the prestigious federal trial bar. Call Lewis Gainor immediately at (224) 688-9118 for a free, confidential review of your case.

Nothin' like mandatory jail for non-violent drug offenders Rolling eyes

Although...I guess they do make for a more reliable slave-labor force than killers and rapists.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Mydriasis
#12 Posted : 3/27/2011 12:11:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This is why one must be very careful even having only bark. It's been said before, bark + knowledge(even web-history of the nexus) = intent to manufacture/distribute. Easily yielding 10 years in federal prison with the wrong prosecution.

Without the ketamine it might have been fight-able.
It's been fun. Thanks for all the wisdom.

benzyme
#13 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:33:11 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

wtf is unprocessed dmt Confused
(I know what it really is, that just sounds f'in ridic)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Xt
#14 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:47:54 AM

Wow... Jail time equivalent to rape or child abuse.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

idtravlr
#15 Posted : 3/27/2011 5:00:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
wtf is unprocessed dmt Confused
(I know what it really is, that just sounds f'in ridic)

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. The fact that they are charging him with the full weight of source material is even more disgusting.
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

proto-pax
#16 Posted : 3/27/2011 5:33:27 AM

bird-brain

Lamentable for sure.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

I am.
#17 Posted : 3/27/2011 12:40:10 PM

I AM

they don't wnt us to remember...they want us to forget. that's why alcohol is everywhere you look and psychedelic users are getting crucified left and right. they want everyone to turn to alcohol and shy away from psychedelics becuase they're dangerous and bring lots and lots of jail time.

make a huge deal out of dmt busts, throw the book at people and stream their psychedelic war into mainstream media and the sheep will wander to the beer pastures, undoubtedly. sucks for this dude but news like this just keeps more and more dumbasses away from the trip. if someone really feels called to the other side, they won't care about possible legal consequences...they'll keep doing it. news like this will only keep away the cool kids who wanna break into the void so they can be cool, imo.

yes...this hard on for hallucinogens the powers that be seem to have does suck but for those of us who are in it for the right reasons, i'm certain we'll find a way. i mean child abduction is very serious and yet there is an underground market for stolen babies. not trying to liken the trip to baby theft, just saying that there will always be a way for those who really want something to get whet they want. we're resourcesful little monsters...we will prevail...
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

Rooftop
#18 Posted : 3/27/2011 5:47:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

"We had to notify the DEA for help on this one," Witz said. "(DMT) is such an unknown drug in the U.S., even they were surprised.

At least, this is a tad reassuring...

at least more than seeing that bark is being called "unprocessed DMT". Let's hope that's just journalist talk...
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

gibran2
#19 Posted : 3/27/2011 5:59:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Xt wrote:
Wow... Jail time equivalent to rape or child abuse.

When I’m not feeling angry about drug laws, I feel very sad.

We use DMT to explore our inner selves, to learn about our subconscious, to begin to answer the question “Who am I?”, to explore the outer realms, to get a glimpse of that which is ordinarily unseen, to participate in the divine mystery, to begin to answer the question “Who/what is God?”

To think that our society considers such exploration to be equivalent to rape or child abuse saddens me.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Rivea
#20 Posted : 3/27/2011 6:14:49 PM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Year after year of living my life it seems that justice is anything but justice in my experience. It lacks any sense of proportion. The laws are conceived and contrived by financially and morally corrupt individuals (politicians) in most cases that suffer from paranoid delusions of grandeur that have in incredibly inflated sense of their value added to society.

I can't say that I am without anger about these types of injustice when I read them. It in fact makes me feel like my blood is boiling at times. People who claim that they have nothing they are angry about when they read stuff like this are in denial of their feelings in my opinion and are just repressing their anger. I wondered for years why I was depressed. My depression was my anger without any passion and turned inwardly on myself that is for sure, but I digress.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

12NEXT