We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Are these Pedro big enough? Options

Madcap
#1 Posted : 3/24/2011 8:54:48 PM

illudium Q-36

I just got these from hp. The plan was to cut the tips for propagation and make resin with the majority of it.

But, now looking at them, I am wondering if they should just go in the ground.

I'd really like to go ahead and make some resin so I can assess the potency.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Madcap attached the following image(s):
IMG_0331.JPG (812kb) downloaded 294 time(s).
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

cker
#2 Posted : 3/24/2011 9:13:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Plant the top 1/3 and experiment with the other portion. Find a growing guide for soil mix, fertilizer, and other recommendations. You won't want to water the planted tips for around a month after planting until roots form. Also, make sure you let the cuts callous over in a dark, dry place before potting. Good luck, they look very nice.

Shrabbit420
#3 Posted : 3/24/2011 9:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm very curious as to the potency of their cuttings. Their dried cactus flesh was always super potent when I got it, I hope the cuttings are the same. Supposedly they are from same Peruvian source as the dried flesh was.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

Madcap
#4 Posted : 3/25/2011 12:47:43 AM

illudium Q-36

Thanks for the input. I too was always pleased with hp's powder. I always bought the torch though, never his pedro.

This wil be my first resin tek. I usually extract drytek.

Really looking forward to it.

tobecomeone00
#5 Posted : 6/29/2011 7:01:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like 2-3 doses to me...
"The search for Truth is the Greatest, if not, most Sensible form of Rebellion."

antichode
#6 Posted : 6/29/2011 6:56:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tobecomeone00 wrote:
Looks like 2-3 doses to me...

Hard to say by looking at a plant, but thats not a lot of cactus. Id say one dose.

Id guess thats about 20 grams of dry powder if skinned etc.

mrwiggle
#7 Posted : 6/29/2011 11:23:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in my experience the pedro is infamously varied in its alkaloid content depending on its growing conditions etc, from a dose being a spoon full of dried flesh to 100 or even 200 grams...in terms of planting i would suggest to start with a basic mixture of perlite and sand, then if available it could be nice to have some nice worm castings or potting soil or something mixed in there...just keep'em nice and dry over watering is the #1 leading cause of cacti death...you can always just peel the skin off and blend it up with some lemon juice
ive received the trans dermal download in the apousal lounge

no disease could possibly survive in such a wiggly environment!

Madcap
#8 Posted : 7/4/2011 5:32:58 PM

illudium Q-36

Well, about 4 inches of each section were put on soil and rooted fine. Interesting is that on same conditions, one started to grow stretching forward the sun. The other started swelling up with water. 1 thin, 1 fat.

The other 8 or so inches of each would have given 3-4 medium low doses(combined)

All in all I am glad I got the cuttings from hp. So glad they finally rooted.

mew
#9 Posted : 7/6/2011 3:11:51 PM

huachumancer

put it in the ground a bit deeper than its rooted so that it can shoot some new roots into fresh soil,
prepare your hole so that theres no clay immediately around it, get you some cacti soil and add some sifted sand, that does the trick

you could plant it sideways 2/3 in the ground so that out of each aeriol sprouts a new green buddy
or even upside down so that out of almoast every aeriol a new one grows

fuck man, just chop it in half and let the top fall to the ground, if youre in somewhere like australia then itll root and take off like some weed

theyre hard to kill Smile