We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Steps to ban 'drug' plants alarm hobby gardeners. Article Options

State of the Mind
#1 Posted : 3/23/2011 10:31:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just an interesting article to share that hasn't already been posted on this forum, I think. Very happy

Steps to ban 'drug' plants alarm hobby gardeners - The Sydney Morning Herald

It is extremely sad when governments force through laws such as this that directly ban huge numbers of species of plants. We see countless adverts on TV, saying how we should donate money every month to save extinct animals. By banning plants, you are effectively irradiating them from the country and forcing some plants that step closer to extinction. Is this justifiable?

Where will governments stop? Can you imagine if every single DMT containing plant in the world was banned? (It is very unlikely, but that is the attitude that this government is taking).

I think, in some way this can be related to the current situation in the UK. Mimosa Hostilis is being seized by customs everywhere and IMO will be outlawed in the near future.

As usual, it seems there is not much to be done. Let's Just hope these gardeners kick up a massive fuss and stop the proposal from ever becoming law. Shocked Very happy

People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ElusiveMind
#2 Posted : 3/24/2011 12:23:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a very sad subject... not only is disgusting to even consider such an idea, but they are also making their OWN NATIONAL FLOWER illegal!! (The golden wattle) I truly hope that this does not follow through..... what a stupid government in the first place.... this is F**KIN political suicide!! what a bunch of numb-skulls...

I hope this doesn't cause a ripple effect cause I'll be damned if my government gets the idea to do the same thing....

Angry,
ElusiveMind
The Tea Party wrote:
We exist in a world where the fear of Illusion is real
And we cling to the past to deny and confuse the ideal

DMTripper wrote:
Bliss of ignorance -> pain of knowledge -> integrate -> bliss of knowledge.

SWIM and ElusiveMind are fictional characters and everything they say is fictional

Eden
#3 Posted : 3/24/2011 12:36:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ripples may be exactly what is needed. The more absurd these authoritarian attempts become, the more publicity they will gain.
In this situation, gardeners have become polarized on an issue they may not have cared about before.

Felnik
#4 Posted : 3/24/2011 1:45:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"There is not a lot of scientific evidence out there on what plants contain nasties such as DMT," said Anthony Kachenko, the national environmental and technical policy manager at Nursery and Garden Industry Australia.

Nasties? wow thats unbelievable
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 3/24/2011 2:11:59 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Felnik wrote:
"There is not a lot of scientific evidence out there on what plants contain nasties such as DMT," said Anthony Kachenko, the national environmental and technical policy manager at Nursery and Garden Industry Australia.

It's quite obvious he never actually read any of the evidence or he'd see how ludicrous and futile all this is in the first place. Laughing
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Mitakuye Oyasin
#6 Posted : 3/24/2011 2:17:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My guess is that this is all coming from Big Pharma companies. Politicians rarely do anything that does not benefit them financially in one way or another. Track the money and you will have your answer. Big Pharma sells poison to as many as possible for as much as it possibly can. They do not want people growing their own medicine or easily producing their own and they certainly do not want people becoming more aware and more conscious. The more stupid repeat paying customers they have the better their bottom lines will be and that is all that matters to them. Their goal is not to heal, but to create an addictive consumer base that will continue to buy their products. Entheogens are the exact opposite of that mind set in every way. And this gives the people who run Big Pharma nightmares.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

benzyme
#7 Posted : 3/24/2011 2:22:47 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

State of the Mind wrote:
Can you imagine if every single DMT containing plant in the world was banned?

nope.

they can try, but how do you get rid of invasive grasses that spread like wildfire?
that's like trying to get rid of roaches.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

autophagia
#8 Posted : 3/24/2011 3:20:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Second Benzyme, They still haven't even gotten rid of all the Cannabis plants in the united states and it has been decades since they first started lighting wild cannabis fields on fire. If you look closely enough you can find Cannabis Rudderalis in the most unlikely of places.
"The mind acts like an enemy for those who cannot control it." -Krishna

Rivea
#9 Posted : 3/24/2011 4:25:04 AM

No.. that can't be...

Senior Member | Skills: Harmalas, A/B Extraction, Sonication, Sterile Processing, Hardware design, Craftsman

Unfortunately politicians are worse than roaches and seem to reproduce better than the roaches under the most adverse conditions. The idea of following the money will take you to a destination that is filled with society's most greedy and morally reprehensible individuals. Washington DC has the greatest concentration on earth of morally reprehensible people on the planet trying to pass themselves off as respectable honorable servants to society.
Everything mentioned herein has been deemed by our staff of expert psychiatrists to be the delusional rantings of a madman who has been treated with Thorazine who is hospitalized within the confines of our locked facility. This patient sometimes requires the application of 6 point leather restraints and electrodes at the temples to break his delusions. Therefore, take everything mentioned above with a grain of salt...

Steely
#10 Posted : 3/24/2011 7:32:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Unenforceable. End of story. The tighter you make persecution for those who avoid the law, the further you aggravate an already exhausted society, and that may lead to nothing short of wide spread protest.
Do not listen to anything, "Steely" says. He is a made up character that his owner likes to role play with. His owner is very delusional and everything he says is completely untrue and ridiculous.
Hate is the choice of a clouded mind.
-"It takes humility to remember who we are"-
"There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it." - Buddha

curious1
#11 Posted : 3/24/2011 11:11:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Steely wrote:
the further you aggravate an already exhausted society, and that may lead to nothing short of wide spread protest.

Although I do want to agree with you I feel that this would have happened years ago if it was ever going to happen.

It will just make people hide their 'hobby plants' and create more illicit blacmarket demand.
Love

Apoc
#12 Posted : 3/24/2011 4:21:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

curious1 wrote:
Steely wrote:
the further you aggravate an already exhausted society, and that may lead to nothing short of wide spread protest.

Although I do want to agree with you I feel that this would have happened years ago if it was ever going to happen.

It will just make people hide their 'hobby plants' and create more illicit blacmarket demand.

I wouldn't say never

ChampionPuffa
#13 Posted : 3/24/2011 10:04:24 PM

lol.

maybe its the black market where the gov wants these things, imo they stand to make more money from things being in the black market than if they were in the regulated taxed market as anything that can possibly be banned for any reason wot so ever basically is these days forcing it into one place: the black market. i dunno why exactly they do this but id assume somehow its the same reason most people do anything(financial gain) but it just seems more and more likely that somehow someway these corrupt politicians stand to make more money enacting prohibition than having products in a regulated controlled market. the more they say prohibition works the more it seems they have ulterior motives as more and more evidence shows it simply does not and they are just advocating a failing policy and actively contributing to the harms and misery caused by prohibition.
you think they are just being dumbass cunts but imo they know exactly wot they are doing, and know exactly wot game they are playing and just how to win it, trouble is most of the public do not see this and assume its all for their own good and the war on drugs must continue.
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!

State of the Mind
#14 Posted : 3/25/2011 1:14:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What I fail to see, is where the motivation for laws, such as this one to be suggested in the first place. How exactly is this supposed to improve, or protect society? I can think of 101 other much more important agendas that governments should be pushing.

The world can be a frustrating place to live in sometimes ... Confused
People spend their lives searching for perfect moments and fail to see, that there are many unappreciated perfect moments everyday that are overlooked.

Laban Shrewsbury III
#15 Posted : 3/25/2011 1:43:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Look at everything else is going on in the Australian news and find whatever it is the politician in question is trying to distract from by issuing this transparently absurd brainfart of a proposal. There's nothing better than a hardline drug policy to muddy the electoral waters and eat up column inches in the media.
Sometimes I believe that this less material life is our truer life, and that our vain presence on the terraqueous globe is itself the secondary or merely virtual phenomenon.

Apoc
#16 Posted : 3/25/2011 4:05:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ChampionPuffa wrote:
but it just seems more and more likely that somehow someway these corrupt politicians stand to make more money enacting prohibition than having products in a regulated controlled market. the more they say prohibition works the more it seems they have ulterior motives as more and more evidence shows it simply does not and they are just advocating a failing policy and actively contributing to the harms and misery caused by prohibition. you think they are just being dumbass cunts but imo they know exactly wot they are doing, and know exactly wot game they are playing and just how to win it, trouble is most of the public do not see this and assume its all for their own good and the war on drugs must continue.

Or perhaps they just do it for the very reason that the public goes along with it. If they take a hard stance against drugs, then that's one way they can divide themselves from other political parties. The one side of the political party becomes powerful because the public agrees with their position. One example of how stamping on one group of people is potentially empowering for another group of people. I look forward to a future where, people start learning that it is better to mutually co-operate, instead of endlessly scapegoating, and picking enemies to destroy.

But then, another part of me is less hopeful because what I have observed in human beings is that many seem to actually want enemies. A lot of people out there seem to enjoy and thrive off of making enemies, fighting them, and ultimately the thrill of crushing someone they don't like, or someone of a different position. This is disturbing to me. But I don't think a lot of people are even aware of this behavior in themselves. I don't think people realize they actually love their enemies because their enemies strengthen their identity, occupy their mind, motivate them to get up in the morning, to get strong, etc etc. When people become conscious of this in themselves, the behavior will likely decrease..... although change is a difficult thing, even if it's something you know isn't good for you, or others. A lot of times, people who beat their wives or children feel very guilty about it, yet they continue to do it anyway. Similarly, overly aggressive social/political bullies may have a hard time adjusting to a lifestyle which tries to help people, instead of hurt some and help others.

SKA
#17 Posted : 3/26/2011 10:53:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

They want to ban Brugmansias, allmost all wattles and many cacti?
They have just become a huge threat to the Ecology of the planet as well as to civil freedom and justice.

I they stubbornly push this through, which wouldn't surprise me if "they" did, and they start exterminating cultivated and wild growing Acacia trees, Brugmansia trees and Cacti these species may become endagered and extinct and vanish from the earth. They allready do this with Cannabis in many countries: Even wild growing Cannabis!!!
If this dangeriously insane plan is accepted and then adopted internationally by all countries of the world; A move we have allready seen several times before, The entire ecology comes under heavy attack. The war on drugs has just revealed it's deeper, underlying nature; The war against Mother nature.

How more obvious could it be that the War on Drugs is really a War against Nature; Squads of men in armor suits, wearing sub-machine guns and portophones, using flamethrowers to burn down wild growing, beautyfull gold, white and pink blossoming Acacia trees, Tall extremely old cacti and mesmerizing Brugmansia trees.

It's insanity of the highest order.
Enviromentalists could very well sue them in a court of law, bringing charges on them for seeking to destroy many 100s maybe even 1000ns of plant species, and how this would upset the entire ecology of earth.

Orion
#18 Posted : 3/27/2011 11:44:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Grow your own. NOW. while you still can.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Tropical
#19 Posted : 4/8/2011 5:12:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

how ironic would it be if it took the dug war to eradicate cane toads from Australia.

I AM SWIM
#20 Posted : 10/20/2011 1:48:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SKA wrote:

I[f] they stubbornly push this through, which wouldn't surprise me if "they" did, and they start exterminating cultivated and wild growing Acacia trees, Brugmansia trees and Cacti these species may become endagered and extinct and vanish from the earth....

Not only would the plants become endangered/extinct, but so would animals that rely on their environment as well.
Some plants rely on animals to spread seeds, etc. And vice versa, some animals rely on plants as a source of food.

SKA wrote:
They want to ban Brugmansias, allmost all wattles and many cacti?
They have just become a huge threat to the Ecology of the planet as well as to civil freedom and justice...

It's insanity of the highest order.
Enviromentalists could very well sue them in a court of law, bringing charges on them for seeking to destroy many 100s maybe even 1000ns of plant species, and how this would upset the entire ecology of earth.

I agree 100%
We live on a planet that is run by a bunch of idiots. Sad

12NEXT