We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Networking: How to find likeminded people Options

Enoon
#21 Posted : 3/25/2011 1:17:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

obliguhl,
One of the best talks I've heard (in my field of science) the other day, consisted of the speaker repeatedly stating how he didn't really know if what he was saying was correct, but he had these ideas and his results showed this and that but he didn't know if the model was correct but this was what he was working with etc.
It was very refreshing to have someone in that position - a reknown scientist in the field - to admit a degree of ignorance and speculation.

I think you don't have to be perfect or fully healed or know everything to be able to speak about benefits or fascination. What you have to be is clear in your intentions and think through what you want to present or discuss and how you will react towards opposition etc. Just try not to feed into any of the negative stereotypes. Try to have good answers for any possible negatively-inclined questions or remarks.

If you design a talk or a presentation or anything, relay it to us first, maybe the nexus can help you out before you present it to an audience of those-that-have-not-tasted-of-the-forbidden-fruits ;D
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Shaolin
#22 Posted : 3/25/2011 2:39:12 PM

Stiletto Stoner

I think we are complicating the whole thing.

Room+projector+drug substance related movie/documentary. People see, people talk, people get a drink afterwards. You don't have to become Leary to met people who have an interest in psychadelics.
Got GVG ? Mhm. Got DMT ?

Pandora wrote:
Nexus enjoys cutting edge and ongoing superior programming skills of the owner of this site (The Traveler), including recent switching to the .me domain name.

I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block

Simon Jester wrote:
"WTF n00b, buy the $100 vapor pipe or GTFO"

Ignorance of the law does not protect you from prosecution

SKA
#23 Posted : 3/26/2011 7:43:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

More and more I came to realise that Psychedelics are not "Chemical Enlightenment Agents", a rather naïve view that I once had of Psychedelics.
They seem to be whatever the user in Question decides they are.

I need to say only 1 name to prove this statement: Charles Manson.

SWIM has done acid with many different people. Some of these people seemed to share the view of Self-Actualisation and Spiritual Healing with SWIM.
Others with whom SWIM has tripped acid, seemed to interpret LSD as the ultimate Hedonistic, mindless, ape-like pleasure.
Another bunch of these people found it to be nothing more than a "weird, unsettling experience".

We need not advocate the use of Psychedelics. We need to advocate the exploration/expansion of Consciousness and Psychological Self-help/Spiritual Healing and mention Entheogenic compounds
as merely one of the various methods of doing this. In that view I suppose I resonate most with Enoon's view.

KwisatzHaderach
#24 Posted : 3/27/2011 4:01:47 AM

everything is becoming

SKA wrote:

SWIM has done acid with many different people. Some of these people seemed to share the view of Self-Actualisation and Spiritual Healing with SWIM.
Others with whom SWIM has tripped acid, seemed to interpret LSD as the ultimate Hedonistic, mindless, ape-like pleasure.
Another bunch of these people found it to be nothing more than a "weird, unsettling experience".

Quoted for truth. I personally find it crazy that more people aren't in category 1, but to each his own. Perhaps that just seems to sum up the perception of reality: it's completely up to the user to decided what is "right/wrong" his own worldview.
Nothing lasts...nothing lasts...everything is changing into something else...nothing is wrong...nothing is wrong...everything is on the right track

In an interstellar burst
I'm back to save the Universe

DMTripper
#25 Posted : 3/28/2011 1:44:46 AM

John Murdoch IV

I seem to attract like minded people. Or maybe I'm just such a general guy Razz hehe
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

BananaForeskin
#26 Posted : 4/1/2011 5:24:06 PM

I Eat Plant Magic

Went to a dinner party with people I don't know well, I toasted Terence (due to the anniversary of his death), and someone ELSE told everyone the primeval-man-meets-psilocybin theory.
¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸„ø¤º¨

.^.^.^.^.^.^(0)=õ

universecannon
#27 Posted : 4/1/2011 8:45:36 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

saw a sort of "science club" flyer on campus one time that had alex grey artwork on it, which immediately caught my eye

It said the group would discuss topics such as 8C-brain model, alternate dimensions, the universe, psychoactives, time, the fractal nature of reality, consciousness, altered states, dreams, meditation ect ect; basically everything people wanted to discuss in their classes but couldn't..

Some amazing conversations were had and i met some lifelong friends, to say the least

You could do something like this, and/or hold films like other people have suggested.. Its a very safe and effective way to get some like-minded people together and have a fun time IMO

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

PREV12