We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
overcoming the hesitation.. how did you do it? Options

lorax
#1 Posted : 8/24/2008 5:47:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here's the deal.. SWIM has a good amount N,N-DMT waiting for him. yesterday he had vaporized some jungle spice/DMT enhanced weed because he didn't have any normal weed left. this was quite powerful. it produced alot of strange emotions and a very strange perception of time.

SWIM wants to do this for a long time now.. but now that it is at his grasp he somehow can't find the right moment to do it. and every time the right moment is there.. he for some reason doesn't do it. theres always this feeling of "i'm not supposed to do this now". on the other side SWIM feels beckoned to do it. SWIM is a very positive person.

SWIM has read ALOT about DMT - maybe even a bit too much. SWIM has also read some trip reports which were VERY frightening.

SWIM's DMT has been double washed by acolon_5's sodium carbonate washing tek. and it has been sitting around for a few days in a vacuum container.

SWIM's worst fear is that he might have done something wrong in the process.. (it all seems a bit to easy for producing such otherworldly powerful stuff) .. he had re-read nomans tek about 50 times just to make sure that he hasn't skipped a page.. but in the end there always were just 2 pages Smile

please help SWIM overcome his hesitation. SWIM also knows that there is nothing to be afraid of and that there is also nothing which can prepare a person for such a voyage.

help a brother out!
peace & light
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

lorax
#2 Posted : 8/24/2008 5:50:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

by the way.. here's SWIM's report about the first time he vaporized jungle spice/DMT enhanced weed:

vaporized about 0.2g jungle spice/DMT enhanced hydroculture cannabis sativa @ 180-205°C with an aromed 3.0 vaporizer using a 3l erlenmeyer smoking device:

the taste was very mysterious. it tasted like something i had tasted or smelled before. it didn't taste or smell like anything near marijuana. effects were felt within 30 seconds after the first toke. i was lying on my bed exhaling when i felt my whole body exhale and inhale very smoothly. it was as if my whole body was growing and shrinking. the weed was not felt at all at this point. i had some emotional issues. unknown feelings paired with feelings of pure joy and happiness. the air seemed to be shaking. it reminded me of heatwaves. while i was under the influence of it i started to walk a very peculiar kind of sneaky walk. it started to wear off about 10-15 minutes later. after wearing off the weed started to be felt.

this experience has helped SWIM alot.. because his hesitation got a bit weaker after this.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

histones
#3 Posted : 8/24/2008 6:44:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

just do it.

and when you do; dont shoot low, it more comfortable if you just let it take you.

like shulgin said "there was no one left to mourn the loss"

I always get the hesitation!!

Entropymancer
#4 Posted : 8/24/2008 7:18:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

There is nothing to fear but fear itself... and sometimes poor set&setting.

Your preliminary experience sounds like a very low threshold... If it's made you feel more comfortable about the experience, that's good, but don't let it shape your expectations. A breakthrough experience is like a whole other world (literally). Rather than approach it with hesitation, try approaching it with reverence for the beauty it can unfold before you (not that "you" has much meaning once you smoke it).

Rather than be fearful and try a minimal dose his first time, my gnome just poured a large amount (60-80 mg maybe?) into the smoking vessel, lit an incense, took a deep breath, and let 'er rip. His first time he did it out in the woods, though in bed with some headphones and choice music has yielded good results as well (the gnome is partial to Grateful Dead).

When it first hits, it feels like there is a drill boring into the very idea of self, that it wants to obliterate "me"... not that it means any harm, just that the idea of "me" holds a person back. The more quickly and easily this force is yielded to, the deeper into hyperspace "I" travel. Just be prepared to let go of your ego is the best advice I have.

WSaged
#5 Posted : 8/24/2008 8:37:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The apprehension before smoking DMT seems to always be there. (except when drinking an MAOI tea before smoking, for me)
You just have to calm your mind, or don't do it this time.
There are still a lot of times I load up the pipe and just sit there, calming before smoking, for an hour or so.
I end up just putting the pipe away and getting back to it another night.
Sometimes, its just not the right time, I guess.

Usually after the first hit starts to creep in, I feel silly for being nervous.
At the same time, after taking 2 or 3 tokes & its now coming on strong, I feel like I may have smoked too much! Sometimes I have to force myself to finish the bowl. If I don't, I usually don't get a full on breakthrough.

Strange Indeed!!

When I'm turning someone on to DMT for their first time, I usually have them take just one big hit and hold it in as long as they can, to let them get an idea of what their getting in to & how the smoke feels.
When they've come down completely and relaxed a bit, then I load up a full, measured 50mg dose for them, turn down the lights & sound & let them get comfortable on my bed or couch.
When they're ready, We open their doors completely!!
I've only known one person who didn't want to go further after taking that first, "get-to-know-you" toke. He said he knew he was not ready for that other world yet!!

To set the mood, I usually light some sage incense, play some ambient music very quietly (just on the verge of silence), light a candle and sit, meditating for at least ten minutes before smoking, to help calm my mind (silence my inner-monologue) & slow my breathing down.
It helps a lot!!

Remember, there is absolutely nothing to fear from DMT!!!
The experience can get so intense, just let if flow over you!!
Just observe!!
Everything is fine!!
If you relax, it will unfold itself for you.
If you fight it, it will force itself on you.
If you let it, it will show you the universes!!

Above all, Enjoy It!!
You are one of a very small group of people that get the opportunity to experience this amazing chemical!!
I always try to remember this fact as I'm laying down, closing my eyes & holding in that last toke!!
It always seems to put a smile on my face, as I'm shooting off into Hyperspace!!

Cheers Mate!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwhitty76
#6 Posted : 8/24/2008 9:08:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That fear and apprehension you feal is completely normal.If you didnt have some fear i would think something wasnt normal.

Swim started a very similar thread about getting over the fear and apprehension.

Although i highly recomend to do the spice w/out any other substance (feel the pure experience) on occasion,swim will drink some kratom tea about an hr or so before he blasts off and it definately eases the tension and gives waves of physical pleasure.

Just remember to copletely let go and let it overcome you like WS said and take you where it wants to take you.Do not fight it.Also try to make yourself smile as your smoking and as it's coming on,it seems to help swim.

Swim personally likes to have someone else there (although not nessissary),just to have someone to relate the experience to,when swim can start to talk again.

Most people agree that smoking is best in silence but music can kind of ground you and give you something to focus on,if things get confusing plus music sounds so beautiful when on spice.

Entropymancer,mentioned the Dead.Even though this is off the topic a little. Swims first experience w/ spice he had in the backround, grateful dead's (2/24/74 winterland) Darkstar,which was about 26 minutes long.Swim wanted something that would be continueus throughout the whole trip.After the initial peak,having the music playing helped influence some beautiful visuals (which will be there w/out music).

To quote robert hunter (GD lyracist) "when you get confused,listen to the music play".

Getting over the fear and "letting it take you" was one of swims first lessons.He still gets apprehension and it's completely normal. Let us know how it goes. Smile
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 8/24/2008 9:17:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The mindset:

"Everythings gonna be ok"
"I'm gonna experience amazing things"
"Even a frightening experience can enrichen my life"

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 8/24/2008 10:45:32 PM

John Murdoch IV

What I did was to JUST DO IT! Very happy

Maybe not the answer you wanted but that's what I did and my first experience was amazing. It was not easy but I figured that I just needed to smoke more next time to totally blast off to Hyperspace so I did. And my second experience was beyond words Very happy

Just know that this is ok and you will be fine. And you will see more amazing things that most people will ever see in a whole lifetime! We are privileged to have the courage to go there.

I understand you very well because it was just the same for me. I had read too much and I never found the right time. Then I just realized that fear was just making me postpone the experience and it would just become more and more difficult to blast off. So I just did it. Just lied down in my bed and took off.

Good luck and have a nice trip! Very happy
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

WSaged
#9 Posted : 8/24/2008 11:03:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
SWIM's worst fear is that he might have done something wrong in the process.. (it all seems a bit to easy for producing such otherworldly powerful stuff) .. he had re-read nomans tek about 50 times just to make sure that he hasn't skipped a page.. but in the end there always were just 2 pages Smile

Yup, It's that easy!!

I'm so glad to hear someone else say that!!
I read so many posts were people complain about how hard it is to extract DMT, I've always felt it is rather easy to do, especially compared to the effects it provides.
It's refreshing to hear someone else talk about how simple it can be to access this amazing molecule!!

sshhh...don't say that too loud now...everybody will want some!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

adrian89987
#10 Posted : 8/25/2008 12:54:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yea I get a lot of hesitation sometimes as well...the only thing I've found to get past that is to just say fuck it and jump in.

obliguhl
#11 Posted : 8/25/2008 7:56:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just make sure you're dose is huge enough so you're not bordering the lower levels (with closed eye but not open eye visuals). They're harder to handle and it'S much better to take a bigger hit. Havn't experienced hyperspace though.

extrememetal43
#12 Posted : 8/25/2008 9:18:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

warrensaged wrote:
Quote:

Yup, It's that easy!!

I'm so glad to hear someone else say that!!
I read so many posts were people complain about how hard it is to extract DMT, I've always felt it is rather easy too, especially compared to the effects it provides.
It's refreshing to hear someone else talk about how simple it can be to access this amazing molecule!!

sshhh...don't say that too loud now...everybody will want some!!

WS

it does seem easy to us say but like the man said. I think most of us probably read the teks at least 50 times before jumping in. I kno i had to read it 50 times just to understand wtf they were doin. And i bet a lot of us can now tell u the ins and outs of acid base chemistry and alkaloids and extractions and chemicals and solvents. Most people and even us one time didnt have the foggiest clue what these things meant or what they did and if u went up to a stranger and said extract this theyd most likely not have a clue where to start. Just dont forget all the work and studying you did to make it seem that easy.

It was funny my buddy(I of course dont extract or smoke it just like to read of it) told me the last time he smoked it when he came out he was just blown away and said he would like to me the person that made this stuff, he had meant the spirit on the other side or whoever, god whatever that made this 4 humans,then started to laugh cuz in human real world terms he was the one who made it and he said fuck everyone cuz there somethin to be said about being the one who made the most amazing shit uve ever smoked. But on another note he deduced it was the spirit of the mimosa tree he wanted to meet.

to add to the thread my buddy was scared shitless of the stuff for a while and this was after he had dome it a bunch he just grew this fear(guess it was after his first real breakthru) and was terrified of the stuff but he knew it was the most amazing stuff in the world. and if u do it right theres not a thing about it that is not pleasurable...remember that. And i think 15 minutes after people hit the pipe they see how really stupid and wasteful it was to be afraid of it. But still the fear comes back a lil each time. so how did my buddy get rid of his fear i think he kept torturing himself and smokin more til he bacame aware that it wasnt goin to take him to a bad place. the only bad experiences are whenu dont get good hits and get a small dose.

Big Inhale
#13 Posted : 8/25/2008 5:06:57 PM

The Enlightend One

The fear is always there and if someone doesnt have a little fear then they are crazy.As far as bad experiences only happening when you get bad hits or a small dose thats untrue.I had a full blown breakthrough were a big male warrior entity told me not to fuck around and that they could take everything I loved away then he showed me pics of my son and girlfriend.I came back freakin out but I had a much better appreciation for my family and what I have.Anyways all Im saying is respect it go in with a good attitude a good setting and a big blast and you will be great.Remember eternity is only about 5 minutes long.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

WSaged
#14 Posted : 8/25/2008 5:55:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
it does seem easy to us say but like the man said. I think most of us probably read the teks at least 50 times before jumping in. I kno i had to read it 50 times just to understand wtf they were doin. And i bet a lot of us can now tell u the ins and outs of acid base chemistry and alkaloids and extractions and chemicals and solvents.

Have you ever seen a write up on the methods used to synthesize LSD or extract "kitchen-pure" Mescaline? By comparison, extracting DMT is incredibly simple!!

Quote:
Most people and even us one time didnt have the foggiest clue what these things meant or what they did and if u went up to a stranger and said extract this theyd most likely not have a clue where to start. Just dont forget all the work and studying you did to make it seem that easy.

By that logic, sewing a button on a shirt is complicated too, because I don't know how to do that either.
Although, if one was to read an explanation of how to do it correctly and learn how to sew buttons, I'm sure it would still be easy for some people and complicated for others as well.

Yes, I too read a number of teks, 100's of times, in order to familiarize myself with the process but thats just called learning & research.
I'm just saying, in my opinion, the process of extracting DMT from Mimosa bark is pretty simple, compared to the processes for extracting other chemicals.

WS

DMTripper
#15 Posted : 8/26/2008 9:52:11 AM

John Murdoch IV

I agree that extracting is a very simple thing to do. But I usually mess things up a bit when I'm cleaning the product Sad I've lost too much of the precious crystals in the process. I need more patience.

But I've only done STB teks. I might try an acid tek some day.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

lorax
#16 Posted : 8/26/2008 11:23:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

re-freeze percip your washing naphtha.. a friend didnt wait long enough the first time.. but then he got almost another 0.4g clean spice out of it. now he usually waits 24hrs. for freeze percip, filters it and pops all the jars back in the freezer for anothe 2-3 days.. just forget about them.. you will be surprised in what can crystallize out of prefiltered washes.

WSaged
#17 Posted : 8/26/2008 4:43:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I've lost too much of the precious crystals in the process. I need more patience.

I've had a couple of spills myself, and it is always because of trying to rush something!!

WS

acolon_5
#18 Posted : 8/26/2008 5:27:19 PM

The Great Namah

warrensaged wrote:
Quote:
I've lost too much of the precious crystals in the process. I need more patience.

I've had a couple of spills myself, and it is always because of trying to rush something!!

WS

It happens to most of us at one point or another. I lost over 2 grams in a recrystalization accident. Never put a jar that has just been in the freezer into a pot of simmering water!!! Crying or very sad
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

WSaged
#19 Posted : 8/26/2008 8:33:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I lost over 2 grams in a recrystalization accident. Never put a jar that has just been in the freezer into a pot of simmering water!!!

Oops....Embarrased

Last Sunday I was doing the Naptha pulls on a new extraction & after emptying most of the bark solution from the sep funnel, I had left the beaker of basifyed bark solution kind of close to the edge of my counter. Of course I was trying to rush, turned around & elbowed the beaker full of bark solution!!!
500ml of (pH13) bark solution all over the counter & sink!!!
:evil:FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCK!!!:evil:

I was extremely pissed until I realized The Naptha was still in the sep funnel, so I had the Naptha from the first (& most abundant) pull.
So I cleaned up & did the rest of the process on just that first 100ml of Naptha.
Interesting thing, I got almost .800mg out of it!!
That is close to what I usually yield from 100-150g of MHRB.
I usually end up with .800-to-1.0mg of spice anyway!!
Kind of makes me wonder why am I wasting my time with those other 2 pulls?

...And man what a fucking mess to clean up!!!

WS

tryptographer
#20 Posted : 8/26/2008 10:52:20 PM

tryptamine photographer

Quote:
500ml of (pH13) bark solution all over the counter & sink!!!

Phew, thank god you didn't get it all over yourself!
I once lost my fingerprints for a week thanks to a few drops of NaOH solution, it eats deeper than acids... more dangerous than DMT!
Good luck with the new batch Pleased

12NEXT