We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
uh oh !! Options

Dwhitty76
#1 Posted : 8/23/2008 5:48:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

so i've heard of this happening before and it's the first time its happened to swim

He's been trying a couple dfferent teks but this particular a/b extraxtion (marsfold tek),after the freeze precipitation, he scraped up all the goods and put it on a coffee filter to dry,like he has done in the past w/ no probs.

Ten minutes after he lay's them out to dry he goes to check on them and move them around a bit to expose all sides to air and he find globs of goo!!! there are some dryer chunks in there aswell but most of it goo!!

Really bummed from the looks of it swim just lost about 2g of good spice Crying or very sad

What went wrong? here's a couple pics (not that it will do any good) FUCK!!!

seems as if dwitty is on a losing streak
Dwhitty76 attached the following image(s):
004.JPG (403kb) downloaded 164 time(s).
006.JPG (320kb) downloaded 112 time(s).
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Reborn
#2 Posted : 8/23/2008 8:07:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Is it really warm in the house,
Have seen it goo up and then hardend back when the room gets really warm, ie someone shuts the air codition vent and forgets about it and room goes over 90-100F (dumb).
Memory, prophecy and fantasy
-the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all in one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is Wisdom. To use it is the Art.

Dwhitty76
#3 Posted : 8/23/2008 9:03:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, come to mention it it was warm in the house,i think my girl raised the temperature without me realizing it.

That has never happened to me before.There are some crystal/flakes that are good but i'd say i lost about 2 g.

I got so frustrated,i didnt even finish the second pull i had to stop take a breath and smoke a joint.There might be a 100ml of smokeable goods but to lose 2 g?that hurts.Atleast i have plenty of mhrb and a second pull.

So you think it was the temperature of the house? I dont think it was that hot,mabey 80 degrees tops.

I scrape the crystals bfore i drain the naptha because i know room temp can screw up crystal if its binded between glass and naptha and you have to act quick but it just melted.Bummer

I also used a little more naptha than i normally do,i dont know if that had an effect.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

69ron
#4 Posted : 8/23/2008 9:38:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it's too warm and there is a breeze, DMT N-Oxide could have formed really fast. That stuff is a yellowish goo.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dwhitty76
#5 Posted : 8/23/2008 10:12:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

how do i make it so it never happens again.Turn the air down in my house and scrape/filter as fast as possible.

It simplest tek and i've never had a problem with it.

Its too late to salvage the goo but if i had had this goo contained,i could have fixed it right? Recrystalize?

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 8/23/2008 3:45:05 PM

The Great Namah

Dwhitty76 wrote:
how do i make it so it never happens again.Turn the air down in my house and scrape/filter as fast as possible.

It simplest tek and i've never had a problem with it.

Its too late to salvage the goo but if i had had this goo contained,i could have fixed it right? Recrystalize?

If you can, put the goo and anything it is stuck to in the freezer for 20 minutes or so. You should be able to salvage some of it. I melt down most of my spice nowadays. Easier to store, and seems more potent.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

extrememetal43
#7 Posted : 8/23/2008 4:01:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

usually u dont have to filter the crystals after freeze precipitate...if u just pour off the solvent the crystals stay in whatever u have em in. If u dont move your evap dish around too much theyl stick to the side of the glass. What did u do with the solvent u poured off, should always save it just in case. and how are u getting 2 g's from 1 pull how big of an extract is this. Usually with a half pound of bark the second and third pulls are equally impressive.

69ron
#8 Posted : 8/23/2008 4:12:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

extrememetal43 wrote:
usually u dont have to filter the crystals after freeze precipitate...if u just pour off the solvent the crystals stay in whatever u have em in. If u dont move your evap dish around too much theyl stick to the side of the glass. What did u do with the solvent u poured off, should always save it just in case. and how are u getting 2 g's from 1 pull how big of an extract is this. Usually with a half pound of bark the second and third pulls are equally impressive.

Yeah, "The crystals are usually firmly stuck on the bottom and sides of the freeze precipitation jar. If you don't touch them, they should stay stuck there. I always decant the solvent while ice code leaving the crystals stuck to the jar. I never disturb the crystals to pour them through a filter. I tried it once and it doesn’t work well at all."
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

extrememetal43
#9 Posted : 8/23/2008 4:21:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

also after pouring off the solvents re cover the dish with a plastic wrap so moisture does not condense on the crystals while the dish comes to room temoerature. also, i angle the dish so the solvent drains off the crysatls into the corner of the dish while covered. when the dish is at room temp its uncovered and completely let to dry then scraped.

drainlife20
#10 Posted : 8/23/2008 8:53:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't worry, you're fine. That's just fats and whatever, I really don't know, but I do know you're ok. Do a hot water bath on it, with a small amount of solvent for recrystallizing. Let it melt down and stir it into your solvent, it'll turn orangish and be globby at the bottom and it will grow smaller and smaller and smaller, until it's an orange puddle at the bottom. It looks worse than it is. Let it cool down a bit so the puddle starts to stick to the glass, then poor the solvent off. I know this is pretty much standard recryst and I probably seem like a jackass, but I've read about this happening once on a bathroom stall wall, and he claimed it worked well. He surely must have used very small amounts of solvents for this process, such a small amount that it took doing this process several times to get all the goods out and leave the orange waxy to beige crumbly cheese substance behind. He thinks it's dmt in plant fats, because he was left with nothing but orange waxy oil after pulling shiny white spice several times. He was curious and boiled this orange wax in solvent, it turned brown and blobby and very very oily, and stayed that way even after the solvent evapped. He believes you may be able to do this from the beginning and easily separate, but he is not sure how good boiling oil would be for spice.
Thanks for reading my dream diary! I hope you found it interesting! LMBO!