We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
BBC Radio 4: On The Ropes - Professor Nutt interviewed Options

Entheojen
#1 Posted : 3/15/2011 7:58:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Professor Nutt discusses his remarks regarding ecstasy and horseriding, drug classification: politics vs scientific evidence, criteria for making drugs illegal, the mephedrone publicity last year and more! Very good 30 min programme!
This was aired this morning at 9:00, repeated tonight at 21:30 on BBC Radio 4.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00zf6qv
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Entheojen
#2 Posted : 3/15/2011 9:13:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Independent Scientific Committee on Drugs website as mentioned in the programme.
The trees spoke to me through the wind. The more I listened, the more they spoke.

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 3/15/2011 9:39:13 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Enjoyed hearing Nutt speak, although there were numerous times where I wanted to smack the interviewer for being a bit of a smart-ass, but that's how it goes in this arena.

WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Xt
#4 Posted : 3/15/2011 9:39:38 PM

This is appreciated. Thanks for the nod.

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Entheojen
#5 Posted : 3/15/2011 9:44:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Enjoyed hearing Nutt speak, although there were numerous times where I wanted to smack the interviewer for being a bit of a smart-ass, but that's how it goes in this arena.

No matter what the subject, the interviewer always pushes the interviewee. It would be hard however not to agree with the principles of what Nutt was saying. I am really glad this kind of material is being produced for BBC Radio 4. This radio channel is listened to by the majority of law makers and politicians in the UK, so more of this might get them 'thinking rationally and logically' Wink

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 3/15/2011 9:49:20 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Entheojen wrote:
This radio channel is listened to by the majority of law makers and politicians in the UK, so more of this might get them 'thinking rationally and logically' Wink

I wish I shared your optimism...unfortunately, imo, until BBC 4 can hand out the kind of $$$ incentives that our global politicians' lobbyists can, the rational and logical political thought is, "More $$$ for keeping it criminalized." Science hasn't failed to get our politicians' attention because it's hard to understand, it's failed to get their attention because it doesn't have an agenda.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור