We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
iboga and health issues Options

drishti
#1 Posted : 3/15/2011 5:10:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My partner and I are planning to include in our honeymoon an organized iboga ceremony in Europe. It will be our first iboga experience, yet a much awaited one. Smile
Our concerns are related to physiological issues: how does a flood dose affect heart rate and tension; are there any other problems that might occur if we don't prepare ourselves correctly before taking it?
We are both very fit, paying attention to what we eat and how we live in general, so maybe our worries are completely unnecessary...

Many thanks for any information!

Bliss,
drishti

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 3/15/2011 5:44:54 PM

The Great Namah

There are health concerns. It is not 100% safe.

I strongly suggest checking this site out very carefully.

http://www.ibogaine.desk.nl/
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

ouro
#3 Posted : 3/15/2011 5:51:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The health dangers of iboga are very real. I think the biggest warning signs would be any personal or family history of heart problems and/or anything abnormal on an EKG. If you have a pacemaker I have to absolutely discourage a flood dose. Personally I flooded without getting an EKG. I microdosed increasingly for a week and the effects it had on me were very benign so I took the plunge. I understood the risk when I did it. To answer your questions more specifically, iboga slows heart rate and imo is extremely hypotensive. But, while being hypotensive it made all my muscles very taught... its a strange substance. Being in good physical condition is a very good thing when it comes to physically stressful compounds. Good for you for taking care of your body in the first place Smile Another minor thing that may help you: I recommend fasting or eating light for 24 hours beforehand and drinking smaller amounts of water during your dosing to reduce nausea. Have your bucket on hand. Good luck!

Infinite I
#4 Posted : 3/15/2011 7:05:33 PM

JC

I went and got blood tests done to check my liver and eh I forget what else they checked sorry, I also paid for an ECG to check my heart, everything was fine but better safe than sorry eh? Also 4 days before it I drank 3 litres of water each day to make sure your properly hydrated and also so you dont have to get up to go to the toilet, if you do you will have to drag your body which isnt nice, but needs must lol

drishti
#5 Posted : 3/17/2011 10:10:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Many thanks for your valuable advice! Smile