We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
balances (scales) Options

benzyme
#1 Posted : 8/21/2008 10:19:43 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

dude just got an AMW DIA-10 balance http://www.ioffer.com/i/51883946?store=1
to measure out 10-100g, he uses http://okpocketscale.com...info&products_id=260
these are low cost, portable alternatives to high-priced balances such as Mettler-Toledo and Sartorius

what sort of scales do ppl use to measure out spice?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#2 Posted : 8/21/2008 10:24:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is what I own. It works very well and is accurate within +-1 mg. It's accurate enough to even weigh out small doses of 5-MeO-DMT and 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine) for vaporization which is what SWIM uses it for. I use it for weighing small amounts of salt, vitamins, and spices.

American Weigh DIA-10 Digital Carat Scale

You can get one for about $70. Its as accurate as scales costing 4 times as much.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 8/21/2008 10:40:27 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yep, that's what swim was talking about. he just got that one
he actually feels robbed because he got it for $32, and saw it here
for 17.50 http://zurbs.com/shop/in...nfo&products_id=1629

it is quite accurate, he was just measuring out some piracetam. would certainly be handy for weighing out psilocin
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#4 Posted : 8/21/2008 11:37:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

$17.50! Holy crap!!!!! That's a steal!!!! That’s so cheap when others are charging $30-$70 for the same thing.

Is it refurbished? Is that store trustable? It almost makes me want to buy a bunch and stock up on them for when mine breaks.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#5 Posted : 8/21/2008 11:42:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW!!! That same store had the Gemini-20 Portable Milligram Scale for only $27.00! What the heck! That's dirt cheap for a really good milligram scale!

benzyme
#6 Posted : 8/22/2008 12:41:09 AM

analytical chemist

you're right, that is dirt cheap. so is 10.85 for a touch screen 0.1g res pocket scale. all of them are ridiculously cheap.

looks legit, though. they must be a warehouse on the west coast, that gets stock directly from china
*edit* oh shyt.. they're based in MB, canada

DMTripper
#7 Posted : 8/22/2008 1:41:44 AM

John Murdoch IV

Wow! thanx for the link. I'm definitely buying one Very happy
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Faust
#8 Posted : 8/22/2008 1:45:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
yep, that's what swim was talking about. he just got that one
he actually feels robbed because he got it for $32, and saw it here
for 17.50 http://zurbs.com/shop/in...nfo&products_id=1629

it is quite accurate, he was just measuring out some piracetam. would certainly be handy for weighing out psilocin

This is a great deal and a very good find, that'll definitely be going into SWIMs bookmarks.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find much in terms of reviews, or customer experiences and ratings of this store.

However I did find his (I assume it's a he) ebay store and all-important feedback page.

http://feedback.ebay.ca/...mp;ftab=FeedbackAsSeller
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants" - Sir Isaac Newton

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

69ron
#9 Posted : 8/22/2008 1:46:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is THE BEST FORUM. I've learned more helpful stuff from you guys here on this forum than any other forum! I’m really happy to have joined this forum. I learn something everyday here. Those prices are fantastic!

benzyme
#10 Posted : 8/22/2008 1:53:46 AM

analytical chemist

no prob,guys.

I've definitely learned a lot here as well, this is actually my fav forum now. synthetikal was up there, but the level of maturity and knowledge on this forum is top-notch also.
we're all here because of genuine respect and awe for the same compound. I look forward to learning and sharing as long as this great board exists.

rellik
#11 Posted : 8/22/2008 9:41:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the gemini-20 is a great scale
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

drainlife20
#12 Posted : 8/22/2008 10:53:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have that same scale(DIA-10, $28 on ebay including shipping from china ha). The weights to calibrate it, oi. One says 10g, but it weighs out around 5, and the other about 2.5. How do you calibrate that scale? My instructions are in chinese!!!!!
Thanks for reading my dream diary! I hope you found it interesting! LMBO!

benzyme
#13 Posted : 8/22/2008 11:11:16 PM

analytical chemist

drainlife20 wrote:
I have that same scale(DIA-10, $28 on ebay including shipping from china ha). The weights to calibrate it, oi. One says 10g, but it weighs out around 5, and the other about 2.5. How do you calibrate that scale? My instructions are in chinese!!!!!

make sure scale is off
1)press and hold tare until some random number appears
2)press and hold tare again, 0.00g appears
3)place 5g weight on the scale, wait til it stabilizes, and push tare again. it should say 5.000 or thereabout
4)now remove the 5g weight and place the 10g weight on. wait til it stabilizes, and push tare again. it will say 10.000g and such.
5) push and hold tare, it should say pass, then power off

drainlife20
#14 Posted : 8/22/2008 11:31:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well then I'm glad I haven't used it for anything yet, it was a bit off. -100% off.
Thanks for reading my dream diary! I hope you found it interesting! LMBO!

amor_fati
#15 Posted : 8/25/2008 2:15:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

benzyme
#16 Posted : 8/25/2008 2:25:45 PM

analytical chemist

perhaps some people don't comprehend the concept of 'calibration'.

then again, it's always possible to get an electronic product dead on arrival, I once got a new macbook that was a 4.4 pound paperweight.

anyway, dude used both the AMW DIA-10 and US Balance ACE to measure the mass of a blue superman pill, the mass fluctuated between .25 and .26g on the ACE, and read .259 and .260g on the DIA-10. not bad for $30 scales.

this is what happens when you keep your instruments calibrated

acolon_5
#17 Posted : 8/25/2008 2:34:27 PM

The Great Namah

I use a gempro-50. I've had it for about 2 years without any problems.

I calibrate it every time I use it. When weighing out mgs, it is pretty important to callibrate it every time.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

69ron
#18 Posted : 8/25/2008 5:45:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dagger wrote:
So, I looked into this thread and got excited from the good reviews of the cheap scales. But then I read this thread:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=348436

Now I am not that excited anymore. Sounds like these scales break easily, or does not work on arrival. And that the accuracy is not that great, like 10 mg instead of 1 mg. Please tell me that I am wrong and that I don't have to buy a scale for 200 dollars?

I've had my American Weigh DIA-10 Digital Carat Scale for many years and it still works better than most on the market costing hundreds more. I only calibrate it whenever it needs it, and that’s about once a year. I use it to measure things down to the milligram. I test it once a month and it stays calibrated for a long time but it’s never 100% accurate. It will measure 10 mg as 9, 10, or 11 usually. It rarely goes out beyond that. Many other “milligram” scales are mush less accurate than that.

When measuring milligrams, even a little tiny breeze can mess up the reading. Breathing can even mess up the reading. For best accuracy you need a scale with a complete wind shield that closes air tight.

Infundibulum
#19 Posted : 8/25/2008 6:48:30 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

OK, SWIM couldn't hold back; This is the scale SWIM's using, it can measure accurately up to 10mg, but it takes someone 5min to do so. With some practice, SWIM can measure ~40mg in a matter of 1 min. It has the advantage of never needing calibration. The rat must be kicked off the way if someone wishes to make accurate measurements though.

Infundibulum attached the following image(s):
scale.jpg (31kb) downloaded 350 time(s).

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

lorax
#20 Posted : 9/8/2008 4:38:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

haha.. thats some ancient scale you got there man! did the elves give it to you?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues. And I'm asking you, sir, at the top if my lungs.. (all posts are fictional and are intended for entertainment purpose only)

12NEXT