We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Request for Full Membership Options

napp
#1 Posted : 3/14/2011 5:41:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Moderators,

As the title states, I would like to have my account membership access upgraded. I believe that I can contribute to posts and discussions in a mature, thoughtful, and constructive manner. My intent is to grow spiritually and consciously while contributing to others' growth as well and with limited access I have not been able to do so - for the simple fact that I have been focusing on the Nursery portion of the forum.

In my other introductory post I have written about myself and have posted a few other times as well.

Napp

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

I am.
#2 Posted : 3/14/2011 9:14:20 PM

I AM

i am NOT a mod but the general idea here is if you ask to be promoted, you won't be. if what you have to say is so important, trust me, you will be heard. just relax and add to the nexus in the ways you can (i.e. nursery).

there are many new comers here who have no idea what's going on and they have TONS of questions so why not focus on helping those with the limited membership accounts for now.

not to downplay what you have to say. it could be very important...but if it is, you'll get your chance, i promise.
embrace your nothingness...it's all you are...

gibran2
#3 Posted : 3/14/2011 9:29:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

napp wrote:
...with limited access I have not been able to do so - for the simple fact that I have been focusing on the Nursery portion of the forum.

I'm sure the moderators will promote you when they feel the time is right, but why can't you contribute now? What can't you write in the nursery that you can write elsewhere?
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

napp
#4 Posted : 3/14/2011 9:44:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

No rush, but I saw in the sticky, in the Introduction Essay Forum, that I was to make a request for a full membership. So that was the logic behind this.

Napp

gammagore
#5 Posted : 3/14/2011 10:40:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hey nappSmile

Is this the sticky you talk of Welcome new members!?
If it is I see no mention of "requesting membership"Confused I also remember somthing in the welcome message you got when singing up along the lines of "Be patient, do not keep asking for being promoted, it will happen soon enough!"Smile , im sure you read the message im talking ofWink

As gibran2 said, why not contribute to the nursery a bit more, surely there is somthing you can comment/assist on a little more?

Just checked, you joined on the 11th, so 4 days ago, or so. Give it a little while longer, make a few more quality posts and the promo will happenVery happy

See ya aroundSmile

napp
#6 Posted : 3/15/2011 3:51:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey gammagore,

Yeah, that is the one. It mentions in the third bullet-star requesting the applicant to write an essay of why one wants the membership. To me this implies that one would need to formally request a membership upgrade.

Regarding the welcome message - I did read that too. I figured it wouldn't be a bad thing to request after reading the sticky however. I have no problems posting around the Nursery first. Its really not an issue for me, but the premise of my intent was that it would be nice to have and to advise of my interest.

Regardless, I appreciate all the feedback and the postings because I have now met some of you a little more personally.

Cheers

Apoc
#7 Posted : 3/15/2011 5:00:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

when I first came to the site, I also thought I had to write an essay and request membership.