We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
black caapi? Options

jdubs
#1 Posted : 3/13/2011 10:38:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How is black caapi?

It seems to be more expensive than the rest... is it worth it?

L0ve
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

gibran2
#2 Posted : 3/13/2011 10:55:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I think that black caapi is generally stronger than other varieties, other factors being the same (such as age of vine).

I’ve extracted alkaloids from black caapi and got yields as high as over 3%, and I’ve gotten yields of just under 1% the one time I extracted from yellow.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jdubs
#3 Posted : 3/13/2011 11:00:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so if my dose is around 75 for caupuri, Ill probably need like 40 of black?
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

gibran2
#4 Posted : 3/14/2011 12:02:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jdubs wrote:
so if my dose is around 75 for caupuri, Ill probably need like 40 of black?

Or less.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jamie
#5 Posted : 3/14/2011 1:58:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ive heard from people with experience with all the vines that black caapi is def not any stronger than the other colors. Apparently its a bit more stoning and less psychedelic due to high harmine ratios compared to THH though. I just asked minxx..she has alot of experience with it and told me the same thing.
Long live the unwoke.

gibran2
#6 Posted : 3/14/2011 2:25:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
Ive heard from people with experience with all the vines that black caapi is def not any stronger than the other colors. Apparently its a bit more stoning and less psychedelic due to high harmine ratios compared to THH though. I just asked minxx..she has alot of experience with it and told me the same thing.

As I said in my first post, I extracted alkaloids from several batches of black caapi and from a single batch of yellow. This is obviously not a statistically significant sample, but my results were that black caapi yielded approximately 2-3% alkaloids, yellow yielded 1%.

Since alkaloid content can vary considerably in a natural product such as caapi vine (regardless of color), it is prudent to test the product before taking what you might otherwise assume to be a full dose.

Apoc
#7 Posted : 3/14/2011 5:23:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So you're saying you believe in the superior power of thh? Did you mean to say black caapi is less psychedelic and more stoning due to higher harmaline content? You wrote harmine. I've only heard harmaline described as stoning, not harmine.

Felnik
#8 Posted : 3/14/2011 1:13:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My experience is that black caapi is super strong. I've had very intense sometimes barely manageable experiences with it in the past.
I've learned alot from it though . i wouldn't recommend it for a first time experience. I find the yellow caapi to be much easier to deal with.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

jamie
#9 Posted : 3/14/2011 8:13:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Apoc wrote:

So you're saying you believe in the superior power of thh? Did you mean to say black caapi is less psychedelic and more stoning due to higher harmaline content? You wrote harmine. I've only heard harmaline described as stoning, not harmine.

yeah you are right I meant harmaline. And no I never said THH was superior, but vine with the THH is a very very clear and crisp euphoric experience IMO. THH also seems to upregulate seratonin receptor availability. Harmaline is known to have a heavy body load and make people sicker, which is what black caapi is known for..purging. Harmaline is known to be more clouding than harmine, but also somewhat more visionary. THH is known to be more clear and add a psychedelic dimension as well though.

I would really like to know how much vine a persn has actaully consumed, of any variety when they say how strong a vine is, becasue I used to drink 20g of vine and think that was strong enough. I got effects and slight sickness at times, and it was enough for potentiation. Once I got real sick and couldnt move from 20g of vine. But that said..that is NOTHING like drinking a solid 100g of vine.80-100+g to me of all the vines I have tried is what I would call a heavy dose, and at that dose the benifical aspects of the afterglow are more profound in that you feel completely rewired for a period of time. Even though I got sick and experienced effects from 20g, in retrospect I do not concider that a large dose at all. So far from my experience no vine is heavy at 40 grams or less compared to what a full dose can do and I would reccoment anyone who drinks caapi to try larger ammounts at some point. I havent had black caapi but anyone Ive spoken to in person that has said its not really more powerful, just different in that it makes them sicker. Im sure anyone who has ever drank 100+ grams of caapi knows what I am talking about here.

There also might be confusion amongst what vine is the true "ayahausca negra"..I have heard that alot of the supposed black vine on the market is not even black vine..just as there is confusions surrounding the myth that yellow vine is cielo vine when it is not, they are two different things..so who really knows.
Long live the unwoke.

gibran2
#10 Posted : 3/14/2011 8:38:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah you are right I meant harmaline. And no I never said THH was superior, but vine with the THH is a very very clear and crisp euphoric experience IMO. THH also seems to upregulate seratonin receptor availability. Harmaline is known to have a heavy body load and make people sicker, which is what black caapi is known for..purging. Harmaline is known to be more clouding than harmine, but also somewhat more visionary. THH is known to be more clear and add a psychedelic dimension as well though.

I always thought that caapi in general is very low in harmaline. I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that one of the things that differentiates various caapi varieties is the ratio of harmine to THH, but that harmaline doesn’t really enter into the equation.

Since Syrian rue is high in harmaline, does this mean a black caapi experience is more like rue than it is like, for example, yellow caapi?

jamie
#11 Posted : 3/14/2011 10:49:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I cant really say for sure becasue I have never had black caapi. I have only tried yellow, cielo, white and red caapi. The only time I really felt much of a difference also was with the red caapi. I really really liked the red caapi, but I like all of them either way.

The higher harmaline content of black caapi is only somethign I have read others talk about and other places online, so I dont really know for sure..but based on reports of harmaline vs harmine it would make sense that black vine has more of it.

About the 3% in black caapi, it would be interesting to see some analysis on what exactly that 3% is entirely comprised of. From what I have read there is I think 9 actives found in caapi, though some might only exhibit background effects or have some mild syergistic activity. Alot of people seem to see that and think that that 3% must mean 3% harmine and THH with trace ammounts of harmaline, but I would bet that there are other alkaloids making up that 3%. Just as there are other alkaloids found in rue that would make the alkaloid % higher than what is found in a typical manske tek.

Also it would be interesting to see studies done side by side with caapi extractions and caapi brews so we could know exactly what dosage of caapi extracted alkaloids will parallel 50g or 100g etc in a brew.

My point is that, say 50mg of full spectrum caapi xtals might not be as strong as a straight mixture of harmine, THH and harmaline in the proper ratio at 50mg. There is just alot that we dont seem to know. This would also mean that the traditional data on harmala doses might not apply to a full spectrum caapi extraction, just as it would not to a full spectrum rue extraction.
Long live the unwoke.

gibran2
#12 Posted : 3/14/2011 11:01:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also it would be interesting to see studies done side by side with caapi extractions and caapi brews so we could know exactly what dosage of caapi extracted alkaloids will parallel 50g or 100g etc in a brew.

My point is that, say 50mg of full spectrum caapi xtals might not be as strong as a straight mixture of harmine, THH and harmaline in the proper ratio at 50mg. There is just alot that we dont seem to know. This would also mean that the traditional data on harmala doses might not apply to a full spectrum caapi extraction, just as it would not to a full spectrum rue extraction.

Yes. This is what I’ve suggested before. It would be nice if someone with lots of caapi experience (such as, oh… I don’t know… you?) would brew up enough caapi for two typical doses, then divide in half. Extract alkaloids from one half, consume the other and carefully note effects. At another time, consume the extracted alkaloids and note effects.

Are extracted alkaloids stronger? Weaker? The same? We won’t know until someone systematically compares them.

Apoc
#13 Posted : 3/15/2011 5:24:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, fractal. You say you find harmaline to be a bit more visionary, while harmine and thh more psychedelic. What is the difference between those?

Also, haven't I also read you say that you can barely tell the difference between extracted rue crystals and caapi? It might have been someone else.