We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushroom MaC Options

MaC_BB
#1 Posted : 3/12/2011 5:14:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

hows it going community,

hi everyone you all can call me MaC... i have come here in to achieve a goal and that goal will be a successful extraction... so every one will probably see me around quite a bit gaining knowledge so i can attempt this... i am absolutely new to this. any resources or links to threads to get me started would be much appreciated... a little bit about me i am a pro at growing mushrooms so if any one needs any help or spores (as long as you are not in one of the three illegal states to recieve spores) let me know their are few questions i can not answer... so with all that said i look foreward to the journey that signing up on this site has started me on.
MaC_BB attached the following image(s):
post-1505-128784983365_thumb.jpg (21kb) downloaded 97 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MaC_BB
#2 Posted : 3/12/2011 7:46:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

wow not so much as a "hi mac" or a "welcome" what a friendly community

Shrabbit420
#3 Posted : 3/12/2011 7:55:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi mac, welcome to the nexus. Don't feel discouraged it's barely been over 14 hours since you made your first post, on a Friday night no less, so some people may just be waking up from last nights parties, if not gone for the weekend. Patience is something we must all learn to have more of, its not a bad thing to have.

I would recommend starting here: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Main_Page . Everything you need should be in there somewhere, and you can always make a thread to ask for clarification on something.
“Surrender is inner acceptance of what is without any reservations. If you have lived long enough, you will know that things “go wrong” quite often. It is precisely at those times that surrender needs to be practiced if you want to eliminate pain and sorrow from your life.”

Eckhart Tolle

Rooftop
#4 Posted : 3/12/2011 9:22:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome MaCVery happy

Don't worry, the community here is nice and friendly, but you won't always get a reply in the next few hours...

Good to know you're the man for shroom growing, extracting is easier than growing the sometimes fussy little ones, so you should be at ease with the process. As Shrabbit said, lots to read in the Wiki, and lots more in the extractions subforums, imo best to choose a simple and proved technique for starters

Relax and enjoy the Nexus!
it's about making life a neverending experience of wonderfulness!

MaC_BB
#5 Posted : 3/12/2011 9:52:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ha ha thanks guys i knew i could get a response with that Pleased and thanks for the link shrabbit much appreciated

Mitakuye Oyasin
#6 Posted : 3/13/2011 6:09:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome MaC,

Nice image. SWIM has always been drawn to the mushrooms and has always had wonderful and very insightful experiences with them. Do you have any experiences with Amanita varieties? Do you extract or preserve your mushrooms in anything like honey? Thanks and welcome.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Enoon
#7 Posted : 3/13/2011 7:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

cheers MaC,

welcome to the Nexus. I think you will find all the info you need here, plus for on-the-fly help there is the chat and people there are generally fairly helpful if someone is on who knows their stuff, which is generally the case.
The nexus however is also much more than just a knowledge base for extractions. We are indeed a community, and personally I consider some of the members here as close friends.
So hopefully your one goal - to extract successfully - can be expanded eventually to integrating into and co-creating this beautiful community.

What strains do you grow?

cheers & love
Enoon
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

MaC_BB
#8 Posted : 3/14/2011 4:11:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Welcome MaC,

Nice image. SWIM has always been drawn to the mushrooms and has always had wonderful and very insightful experiences with them. Do you have any experiences with Amanita varieties? Do you extract or preserve your mushrooms in anything like honey? Thanks and welcome.

yeah i have done honey... the aminita's pop up where i live in the fall but i really don't care for them... there is a alcohol extraction i have seen people do were you extract the psilo into crystals but i have yet to try that one

MaC_BB
#9 Posted : 3/14/2011 4:14:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:
cheers MaC,

welcome to the Nexus. I think you will find all the info you need here, plus for on-the-fly help there is the chat and people there are generally fairly helpful if someone is on who knows their stuff, which is generally the case.
The nexus however is also much more than just a knowledge base for extractions. We are indeed a community, and personally I consider some of the members here as close friends.
So hopefully your one goal - to extract successfully - can be expanded eventually to integrating into and co-creating this beautiful community.

What strains do you grow?

cheers & love
Enoon

i have almost every cubensi strain out there and a few pans... the tub i posted above is space coast and i have some malabars that will be blowing up soon i will post some pictures once the first flush comes in.

Phantastica
#10 Posted : 3/14/2011 7:02:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

welcome mushroom man! good to have a mycology enthusiast hereVery happy
Live free, Trip hard<3
<3