We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I want to be a psychonaut. Options

timothydeez
#1 Posted : 3/11/2011 8:38:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been experimenting with various psychedelics for roughly six months. It's funny how anti-drug propaganda claims involvement with such substances will inevitably ruin one's life and make them become a total menace to society, while SWIM's use of psychedelics has caused the following:

- increased interest in nature and philosophy
- increased interest in reading
- increased sense of self-purpose
- reevaluation of political views and religion
- decreased interest in alcohol and the "party scene"

Simply stated, psychedelics have caused SWIM to think a lot more.

A friend of SWIM's recently introduced SWIM to DMT. He was knowledgeable and generous, eager to share this amazing thing (that he, himself had discovered not too long ago). SWIM quickly detected there was something very special about DMT as the attitude surrounding it seemed to be extremely different than any other drug.

SWIM did some research himself and liked what he found. It seemed DMT users took their DMT experiences very seriously, using it sort of as a psychonautic tool, as opposed to taking it to get intoxicated. That was one of the things that frustrated SWIM the most about the psychedelic "scene" around him. It seemed that the majority of people were using psychedelics for the wrong reasons or just not truly appreciating them i.e. they would they describe their experience by saying something like "OMG dude I was trippin' balls for like 12 hours. I saw so many crazy colors and shit." And that would literally be the extent of what they got out of their trip (as opposed to SWIM, who experienced everything described above). Granted, SWIM had a few friends with similar perspectives/motives and SWIM developed close bonds with those friends.

A few days later, SWIM's friend offered him DMT. It took SWIM several attempts but he eventually had his first true DMT trip. It was probably the most intensely beautiful, overwhelming, joyous experience of his life. SWIM felt as if he got a glimpse into a vast, glorious multi-dimensional universe entangled deep down in the fabric of his subconscious. In the interest of brevity, a more detailed account of SWIM's trip may be described later on. But I heard all this stuff about SWIM and developed an interest myself. That is why I am here Wink

Inward Outing Enthusiast.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DoctorMantus
#2 Posted : 3/11/2011 8:43:24 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

Welcome and yea for sure psychedelics will do that for you, I am Very glad To see That you have respect for DMT and take it more seriously, That kind of attitude will Get you were ever you wanna be.
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

timothydeez
#3 Posted : 3/11/2011 8:51:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, hopefully that will apply to both this world and hyperspace.

DoctorMantus
#4 Posted : 3/11/2011 8:57:10 AM

Hyperspace Architect/Doctor

If you set your mind to it, i am sure things will be good for you, that is only if you are responsible all the time, i am sure you are good luck too you Smile
"You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness."
— Terence McKenna

"They Say It helps when you close yours eyes cowboy"

Pandora
#5 Posted : 3/11/2011 3:35:24 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hi timothydeez,

Welcome to the Nexus! Thank you for sharing your essay - I really enjoyed reading it. This is a place that is rich with detailed resources. Take a good look around. At the top of the page are links for Health & Safety, FAQ and Wiki and those are worth checking out in depth. Very well written and researched by people who really know the territory.

I look forward to reading your future posts. Again, welcome!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

timothydeez
#6 Posted : 3/13/2011 4:09:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the warm welcome- will do!

jbark
#7 Posted : 3/13/2011 4:26:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This:

Quote:
It's funny how anti-drug propaganda claims involvement with such substances will inevitably ruin one's life

And this:

timothydeez wrote:

Looks like you have a fairly good idea why after all!!

Welcome to the nexus. Sounds like you'll fit right in - this is the place where these substances, and DMT particularly, are taken seriously and regarded with the respect warranted. Glad to have you around.

Cheers,
JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

joedirt
#8 Posted : 3/13/2011 11:05:22 PM

Not I

timothydeez wrote:
SWIM has been experimenting with various psychedelics for roughly six months. It's funny how anti-drug propaganda claims involvement with such substances will inevitably ruin one's life and make them become a total menace to society, while SWIM's use of psychedelics has caused the following:

- increased interest in nature and philosophy
- increased interest in reading
- increased sense of self-purpose
- decreased interest in alcohol and the "party scene"

Simply stated, psychedelics have caused SWIM to think a lot more.

A friend of SWIM's recently introduced SWIM to DMT. He was knowledgeable and generous, eager to share this amazing thing (that he, himself had discovered not too long ago). SWIM quickly detected there was something very special about DMT as the attitude surrounding it seemed to be extremely different than any other drug.

SWIM did some research himself and liked what he found. It seemed DMT users took their DMT experiences very seriously, using it sort of as a psychonautic tool, as opposed to taking it to get intoxicated. That was one of the things that frustrated SWIM the most about the psychedelic "scene" around him. It seemed that the majority of people were using psychedelics for the wrong reasons or just not truly appreciating them i.e. they would they describe their experience by saying something like "OMG dude I was trippin' balls for like 12 hours. I saw so many crazy colors and shit." And that would literally be the extent of what they got out of their trip (as opposed to SWIM, who experienced everything described above). Granted, SWIM had a few friends with similar perspectives/motives and SWIM developed close bonds with those friends.

A few days later, SWIM's friend offered him DMT. It took SWIM several attempts but he eventually had his first true DMT trip. It was probably the most intensely beautiful, overwhelming, joyous experience of his life. SWIM felt as if he got a glimpse into a vast, glorious multi-dimensional universe entangled deep down in the fabric of his subconscious. In the interest of brevity, a more detailed account of SWIM's trip may be described later on. But I heard all this stuff about SWIM and developed an interest myself. That is why I am here Wink

In my opinion the biggest drawback to psychedelic usage could be a withdrawal from society....but just as often they reconnect you to society. The danger I believe arises when you start waking up while simultaneously realizing that the society you live in is very much asleep. The goal then is to not become so disgusted with your society that you want no part in it....I have danced on that border a few times myself. The remedy however is dead simply...discontinue usage for while.

Good Luck...be safe.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

Not Sure
#9 Posted : 3/14/2011 5:36:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It seemed DMT users took their DMT experiences very seriously, using it sort of as a psychonautic tool, as opposed to taking it to get intoxicated.

Yep, or that's what it turns into. great into.
“Psychedelics are like square roots. They can take you from a place you know, to a place you never imagined could have existed”

timothydeez
#10 Posted : 3/14/2011 12:17:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I've noticed psychedelics invoke strong transcendentalist-like spirit. And perhaps, some archaic nostalgia, as suggested by Terrence McKenna. And while I, thoroughly enjoy embracing this primordial subconscious, I believe it plays into both the disconnect from society and disapproval of authority.

Orion
#11 Posted : 3/14/2011 1:55:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're already on the road to going NUTS. Somebody shut him up! Pleased

Welcome to the nexus. Delve deep, embrace, love the journey.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

timothydeez
#12 Posted : 3/14/2011 11:29:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:
You're already on the road to going NUTS. Somebody shut him up! Pleased

Welcome to the nexus. Delve deep, embrace, love the journey.

According to Alice in Wonderland...all the best people are