We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Quick question Options

centromere
#1 Posted : 3/10/2011 11:35:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys. I am the type of person who likes to do everything to its fullest potential. I've read that the oral form of DMT is not as good as the smoked form. On the other hand, I am an athlete and need to make sure that my lungs are in good shape. I need to balance the pros and cons of potentially hurting my athletic performance with having pretty uneventful trips. What do you guys think?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ljosalfar
#2 Posted : 3/11/2011 12:26:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

centromere wrote:
Hey guys. I've read that the oral form of DMT is not as good as the smoked form.

Say what?! Where did you ever read such a vague and silly judgment? Me thinks you need to do some more *careful* reading.
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

Jez
#3 Posted : 3/11/2011 12:29:24 AM

Jez

Hey Centromere. Oral can be just as intense as smoking... Just smoking last alot shorter. In my opinion... if you don't smoke... don't try smoking DMT. I consider myself a non-smoker... but I smoke herb once in a while. I have tried to smoke DMT and I just never get it. If your lungs are not use to it... you waste it. Just take it orally!!! I prefer this route anyways...

But with your concern... DMT smoke is quite pure and the effects on the lungs would be so minimal that it would no effect your performance. For starters you are only taking 2-3 hits of the smoke... and my guess is this is a once off or occasional thing. Any damage that occurs would quickly heal. Most the damage is to the epithealial tissue of the throat anyways... which will also be minimal. I run alot (not professional) and I have never noticed any effect on my performance from smoking as little as I do. Regardless of my personal experience though... the body is very resiliant. A few hits of DMT would be no worse than standing close to a campfire for an hour or so.

Let us know how you go! I just find it nearly impossible to get the feeling smoking... even with my semi-accoustomed lungs Sad Oral is the way to go for me!!!
Singularity already exists inside each of us. It isn't biology that is striving to singularity... but singularity that harnesses biology to live a life of greatness in the physical world. The secret is to find what your singularity wants and create it. This is what psychedelics show you!

Ljosalfar
#4 Posted : 3/11/2011 12:44:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jez wrote:
I just find it nearly impossible to get the feeling smoking...

Jez, check your smoking, or more precisely vaporizing, technique in the related Nexus threads - you're probably not vaping a full dose or you're burning the spice if you don't experience strong effects.

@ OP... better or worse doesn't enter into it - the two routes are very different. Vaping won't do significant damage. She trains all the timeSmile And yeah, it is unlikely you'll be going to hyperspace more than once a week after the potential honeymoon wears off.
But seriously, read wide and deep of the Nexus - that's what it's here for!
L
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool." Richard P. Feynman

centromere
#5 Posted : 3/11/2011 4:51:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

From what I understand, N,N-DMT is inactive when taken orally. I've read that 5-MeO-DMT can be eaten, but it must be taken with MAOIs. The MAOI part concerns me. I just want something easy and simple!

ChampionPuffa
#6 Posted : 3/11/2011 6:36:57 AM

lol.

the same applies to nn dmt it needs maoi to make it orally active. dmt smoke isnt that harmful i feel bad effects from vaping other things on my lungs depending how much i do but dmt doesnt appear to have any negative effects, it also helps that i tend to do one or maybe 2 pipes only with dmt, where as other things il do more. as long as you dont burn the dmt and it all vapourizes it shouldnt do much harm not unless your smoking it like a crack'ead.
personally id try smoking/vaping it first either in changa or freebase in a pipe which freebase would be healthier, then if you want a longer experience try it orally. up to you but i know oral dmt is not something id go straight into trying first, as you dont know how the dmt will react with you an make you trip. if its bad orally is gonna last hours but you may be able to work on it, where as smoked will be over in 10 mins probably less.
you can always smoke more dmt if its really good or not strong enough, you cant take it away if done orally if you have a bad trip or you just dont like it, your forced to ride it out. i suppose you could just take small doses an top yaself but thats easier an safer with smoking/vaping it.
PROHIBITION?? - just say NO!!

Ljosalfar
#7 Posted : 3/11/2011 7:30:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To OP - please read the FAQ.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 3/11/2011 10:08:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^

dreamer042
#9 Posted : 3/11/2011 2:38:55 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

centromere wrote:
From what I understand, N,N-DMT is inactive when taken orally. I've read that 5-MeO-DMT can be eaten, but it must be taken with MAOIs. The MAOI part concerns me. I just want something easy and simple!

Mushrooms Very happy

As for concerns with smoking try making spice enhanced mullein. Smooth and healing for the lungs Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca