We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
Posting Etiquette, Post Structure, and Swimmers Options

XENONSION
#21 Posted : 8/30/2008 2:30:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

totally agree!!! It's annoyed the heck out of me ever since i first seen it used on the net. Pointless IMO.

And some people take it to the extreme, using the term practically every other word.

e.g.- " Swim is doing an extraction on swims bark that swim bought from some website swim found online. Swim used water from swims tap, but swim doesn't know if swims water is good enough, should swim get in swims car and drive down to purchase some bottled water from swims local grocer?"

I dont even read crap like that, just ignore it completely, lol

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Saidin
#22 Posted : 9/7/2008 2:12:56 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

The "Wall of Text" is an artform!
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Jorkest
#23 Posted : 10/8/2008 1:31:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

Saidin wrote:
The "Wall of Text" is an artform!

SAIDIN must read the wheel of time series...
it's a sound

Freddy Bacon Jr.
#24 Posted : 10/12/2008 7:13:41 PM

ButterScotch Bob

would this work as my signature? would this make it so when i specify as i and stuff?

Hi my real name is not Freddy. Freddy is a made up character of mine that likes to talk about the things we talk about on this site. So in most of my posts I will use the word I but its really Freddy my made up character. I do not endorse condone or engage in illegal activities. Talking about the stuff we talk about is just a fun thing I like to do. Wut?
"See You Down At Arizona Bay"

Hi my real name is not Freddy. Freddy is a made up character of mine that likes to talk about the subjects on this site. So in most of my posts I will use the word I but its really Freddy my made up character. I do not endorse condone or engage in illegal activities. Talking about the things we talk about is fun.

gimpy
#25 Posted : 11/6/2008 8:07:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh god, finally!!

Ha, I always thought it was a bit pointless, annoying even. But felt that if i didn't make the effort in some of my posts, i'd upset someone on here.

Yes, be free!! Even if some things talked about on this forum involve breaking a law.. should they be? No. My policy in general life is to be open and honest about drugs (and everything else for that matter), simply because that's the change I want to see in the world.

Yay!
To fathom hell or soar angelic, take a pinch of psychedelic....

'Coatl
#26 Posted : 11/6/2008 9:05:11 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
Can we get past using SWIM? I understand that some forum demand that this be used as a type of sidesteping the posting of illegal activites, and I am not asking anyone to incriminate themselves, but can we stop using this stilly acronym? You can use a friend, a pet, a fictional person, but this SWIM thing really mucks up threads.

I totally agree, I've never used SWIM and still keep it vauge.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

moracca
#27 Posted : 12/7/2008 8:07:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

agreed 1000% percent. Honestly, who thinks that in a court case, if something ever happened to get that far, that you could stand up on the stand and be like "no I wasnt posting that about me, I said SWIM, see? It was someone else!" No police officer, judge, jury, toddler, etc is stupid enough to believe that. Same goes for my pet monkey, my cat, etc etc etc. It's so old and cliche and not protecting anyone! If you're really that concerned about it, you should spend some time ensuring that your online identity cannot be linked to your IRL identity. proxies, totally different username, not posting any personally identifiable information, that kind of thing. I wish people would just get off the whole SWIM thing, seriously. OK, rant over.

DarkShaman
#28 Posted : 2/1/2009 5:40:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just stumbled onto this thread for the first time & didn't really realize the relevance SWIM plays in regards to rules or anything. Screw it, I'm not worried about anything.

briks hithouse
#29 Posted : 2/7/2009 1:46:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

YOUR ALL UNDER ARREST.

ha.

helllo btw.
mmmm.

downwardsfromzero
#30 Posted : 3/9/2009 4:24:20 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Re: grammar; YOU'RE under arrest, briks hithouse!Laughing

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

shoe
#31 Posted : 3/9/2009 4:37:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
I'm So GlAd No OnE WrItEs LiKe ThIs On ThIs FoRuM. ThAt DrIvEs Me NuTs!

This thread made me LOL so hard, in particular that comment, 69Ron.
Also what you said, a_colon.

Let me be the first to suggest that the entire forum convert from "SWIM recrystalized 1.5g of spice.."
to "My friend's dead grandmother's cat recrystalized 1.5g of spice."

its totally plausible.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

randomseed
#32 Posted : 3/17/2009 5:42:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:

Let me be the first to suggest that the entire forum convert from "SWIM recrystalized 1.5g of spice.."
to "My friend's dead grandmother's cat recrystalized 1.5g of spice."

its totally plausible.

Most of the experience I relate is actually channeled through me from the ghost of Laura Palmer so I'm not worried.

"The ghost of Laura Palmer recrystalized ......."

It's got a nice ring to it.
I'm a compulsive lier, I mean only a crazy person would really do any of this stuff I just wrote about, right?

MalargueZiggy
#33 Posted : 4/7/2009 11:22:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To be quite honest I don't think that any of it would stand up in court. I think that the swim defence is just as implausible as the goldfish defence. I don't think that the disclaimers would either. But then they wouldn't have to; I don't think that there would be any prosecutions brought just on the basis of words, it's all about physical evidence. I reckon you could say pretty much anything you wanted on the internet, in the 'I' form and if they came knocking and found nothing then they'd have no case; unless you were inciting racial hatred or something which somehow I doubt anyone on here would be!

I'm also pretty sure that claiming your dog did it or it wasn't me who did it wouldn't deter them from coming knocking, if indeed they care about internet chatter which I very much doubt. They're already overstretched enough trying to find meth labs, or stopping tons of coke getting in and the guys running those operations certainly don't talk about it on the net.

I've always thought that it was simply a technicality to stop the site as a whole being attacked and shut down, because speech is free but you can't openly condone or discuss illegal activities, only the information needed to act on them (in places where it is legal).

I'm all for moving away from swimming, I don't use it anymore anyway. I prefer to quote from miscellaneous people who ask me to relay the information for them. Unlike me, they're too lazy come on the net. In fact, they're quite lucky I'm prepared to type up their messages for them. It's a shame, I think you'd quite like them.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

antrocles
#34 Posted : 4/21/2009 8:45:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

man oh man do i think the whole SWIM thing is lame... my name is Antony. "Antrocles" is an amalgam of Androcles (the boy who pulled the thorn out of the lion's paw: one good turn deserves another) and my own name....

SWIM is something i like to do in the summer.

considering plant entheogens are older and more profound than any of the lame-ass religions that would see them made illegal...not to mention that plant entheogens are WHAT CAUSED HUMANS TO EVEN CONSIDER THERE WAS A "GOD" IN THE FIRST PLACE....i find it beyond amazing that we are sequestered here in this little anonymous forum like a small group of outlaws holed up in some ramshackle tool shed just waiting for the posse to come round us up.
it's sick and it stinks. i am quite proud of my use of plant medicines and (probably not the smartest thing but completely in line with MY truth) all of my friends know about my beliefs and my respect and love for plant entheogens. if i were to get arrested for exploring my own psyche and my own place in this universe then believe me my brothers and sisters...i would do everything in my power to bring as much attention as my minimal celebrity status could to this disparity.
hey- i'm not joe rogan or anything...but i'm in Men's Health magazine and Bicycling magazine almost every month and i think it would go quite a ways to know that a professional athlete who held a world record for 5 years and is a U.S. National champion and World silver medallist finds that his athletic performance has VASTLY IMPROVED as a direct result of "training" his mind and spirit through the use of plant entheogens.
i'm not a revolutionary....but this is a cause i feel strongly enough about to consider doing SOMETHING....
i know i might seem a little off-topic on this one....but not really....the whole secretive element of this forum saddens me greatly. i would absolutely LOVE to be able to contact some of you (69ron, Jorkest, Acolon5, Jasons741, soul-seeker, fractal enchantment....the list goes on..) and find a way to meet you and SHARE WITH YOU!! you probably have already discovered that Uncle Knucles is one of my best friends and fellow travelers from his updates on me while i was away....but how much does it suck that even THAT friendship has to be kept under wraps???
i feel that the suggestion to make this forum "private" with a log-in so we can speak a bit more freely is a good one...for now....ultimately i look forward to a time when my "avatar" is a pic of my big smiling face with a VG in betwixt my teeth!!

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Jorkest
#35 Posted : 4/21/2009 9:07:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

it would be awesome if we didnt have to be fearful of prison because of entheogen use...i for one..would love to meet many people i have 'met' here..and it saddens me as well that i cant tell you who SWIM is...i wish i could show you were he lives..and how he lives..but until we arent the witches..and become the spiritual doctors..that are respected..we will have to hide...

i want to meet you guys..i feel like we siblings..and it hurts not being able to trust..because of fear of prison..imagine what we could do..if we started our own Entheogen University..being able to have green houses growing our own sources..being able to use chemicals that would be better suited for extractions..and growing strains of high potency..with lab equipment that would increase yield and purity..its a wonderful dream..that i would love to make a reality..but its really hard to band together when 'they' have created a system to keep us from trusting each other
it's a sound

VisualDistortion
#36 Posted : 4/21/2009 9:10:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel ya on that jorkest. That's a little bit of why I started the, "Who is going to burning man" thread. I wanted to see if it would be possible to rally some people and have like a little nexus get together. Maybe next year.

EVERYONE! START SAVING YOUR MONEY FOR BURNING MAN NOW!
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

antrocles
#37 Posted : 4/21/2009 9:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that would be pretty f-in' SWEET to have a "Nexus Family Campsite" on the playa....i would be there with bells on!! i'd be sure to get in the kitchen a couple weeks out and try to cook up the most perfect spice, bufotenine, and "Antrocles' famous spiced weed" for all his siblings to enjoy!!
i've got such a mothering side to me .. . .. Smile

L&G
wisdom today."

MalargueZiggy
#38 Posted : 4/21/2009 9:58:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:
i think it would go quite a ways to know that a professional athlete who held a world record for 5 years and is a U.S. National champion and World silver medallist finds that his athletic performance has VASTLY IMPROVED as a direct result of "training" his mind and spirit through the use of plant entheogens.

Firstly dude I want to say fair play to you, and I'd be quite interested to hear in more detail (maybe in another thread) how this has been the case and also how you feel entheogens could be used as part of sports psychology (professional or amateur). Yet another weapon in the armoury against the war on drugs, because I can blabber all I want about how I'm a changed person, but sporting achievement is more tangible.

Secondly (and sadly), I can see the headline if you got busted: "Champion cyclist's psychedelic shame".

"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

antrocles
#39 Posted : 4/22/2009 3:59:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that would only impact those who already have a bias against psychedelics...for me, the words "psychedelic" and "shame" have no relationship to one another. like i said, if it were to ever come out i would see it as a moment....an OPPORTUNITY...to champion a very promising cause. people use all kinds of shit to get a performance edge....caffeine, piracetam, taurine, yohimbe, sports psychologists, meditation, visualization......all attempts to tap into a more "limitless source for focus and power"...

...entheogens are RIGHTEOUS!!! i feel nothing but PRIDE in my cultivation, nurturing and communion with the plant kingdom. the fear regarding plant entheogens and their synergy with our collective consciousness NEEDS TO END.

or as dear ol' Rush puts it: ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand...

perhaps i SHALL in fact start up a thread about this topic.....wuddya think? this could certainly be explored further... might be okay to simply quote my first couple rants on the matter from this thread and let it grow elsewhere....sort of a "re-potting" of an idea Very happy

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
wisdom today."

Jorkest
#40 Posted : 4/22/2009 6:05:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lance armstrong??
it's a sound

PREV1234NEXT»