We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
any useful hints and tips for aya? Options

jdubs
#1 Posted : 3/9/2011 10:55:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK, so my freinds medicine is nearly brewed... one more 3 hour stint to go. I feel excited but...strangely calm. Can any experienced traveller offer any useful tips for my first journey?

Love
"Mama matrix most mysterious." James Joyce

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

Forgive, you'll live longer.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jdubs
#2 Posted : 3/9/2011 10:59:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and by tips I mean anything... what to focus on, what to avoid, setting etc etc...

"The next great step toward a planetary holism is the partial merging of the technologically transformed human world with the Archaic matrix of vegetable intelligence that is the Transcendent Other." Terence McKenna

MelCat
#3 Posted : 3/9/2011 11:46:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This thread by Ms. Minxx is by far the best read for all things aya.

It's a long read but it probably contains most, if not all of the details you seek.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

Jez
#4 Posted : 3/10/2011 12:11:03 AM

Jez

Hey jdubs! I just experienced my first brew last weekend. I did everything myself. I tried to do everything official and right... and it turned out crap Sad I ate light the day before... had a protein shake for breakfast... fasted all day... took 12 hours making Aya with 50 G caapi and 50 G viridis... added lime & ascorbic acid... 3 boils of 2 hours each with dH2O... You name it, I followed it.

I have a beautiful Queenslander House in Queensland... So I just sat on the veranda couch with touches lit everywhere and incense. I drank a considerable amount of the caapi first and then sipped a mix of the caapi/viridis within 30 minutes. In the end I just got sick after almost 2 hours. I felt a little trip and it would only happen if I sat completely still and closed my eyes. If I got up, moved, came into conscious thinking... it went away. I found it such a waste of time and energy. I started the drink at 7pm (after sunset) and by 11pm still nothing... I even ate fatty foods at the 2 hour mark to help get any extra DMT out of the liver!

I have read on many sites (plus my supplier hinted to me) that caapi can sometimes be a hit and miss thing. I honestly think that I just did not have enough caapi (MAOI). This is why...

A few days later after this experience I decided to do an extraction on the viridis leaves that I used. Just a test... as I knew I would get very little if any out since I already used them for Aya. Anyways, using the Q21Q21 tek 2 I ened up collecting nearly 100mg of crystal! Whether is was all DMT or not... who knows... but this is what I did with it.

I ground up 4 grams of Syrian Rue Seeds at around 7pm, dumped it in about 200 mL of Orange juice, and drank! After about 30 minutes I could feel the effects of the Rue coming on I dumped about 30 mL of OJ into the shotglass that I condenced the crystals into and dranks. I then immediately went to bed. Closed eye visuals started after about 30 minutes (8pm) and that was about it... but then after nearly 3 hours (~11pm)... BAM!!! it hit me! I was tripping until 3am. It was not over the edge... but still much better than the Aya! At one point I had to pee so bad and my "trip" to the bathroom I swear I could have been diagnoised with parkinsons!!! Lol... Definite visuals! I can't really describe. I actually got motion sickness from walking? But... I never threw up with this mix!

So my advice... add 2-3 grams of Syrian Rue just prior to taking the Aya. I think if I had done this my first time... the experience would have been unforgettable! Good luch and happy seeking!
Singularity already exists inside each of us. It isn't biology that is striving to singularity... but singularity that harnesses biology to live a life of greatness in the physical world. The secret is to find what your singularity wants and create it. This is what psychedelics show you!

Agave
#5 Posted : 3/10/2011 12:50:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Make enough brew for several sessions. Many people report no effects the first time out so don't get discouraged. I usually need between 75 and 100g of caapi but that's me. you might want to up the dose by half if you feel no effects after an hour or so. Good luck and let us know how it wentVery happy
As Within, So Without.

jdubs
#6 Posted : 3/10/2011 4:33:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK, so I tried 25g of the caapi last night, and very little happened (except a feeling that 'i was not alone' in the room, that could very well have been just imagination). Pretty strange dreams though!

This morning woke up, tried 50g, still nothing much, except a slight feeling of disorientation while walking. Still no purge though, which is kind of what I am after here. I feel pretty good though.

I have brewed some light, and hopefully will soon find the 'sweet spot' with the caapi, in order to blast off Smile. Have made 250g worth of the caapi, so hopefully will get there in the end! Very happy

P.S many many thanks for all your replies!

jdubs
#7 Posted : 3/10/2011 4:36:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Also, Jez, I will definatly be trying your recipe soon, when funds will allow Very happy