We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
q21 a/b tek 2 vinegar clarification Options

hexan
#1 Posted : 3/9/2011 5:46:25 PM

The Great Gatsby

Hi Folks, SWIM is just about to dive in for first time.
SWIm has all the ingredients but has a question about vinegar just for 100% clarity before begining the tek.

the tek says 5% white vinegar?

Does this refer to your purchased vinegar type or is it simply refering to the amount you dilute with water?

SWIM got standard white Vinegar from supermarket.

Thanks

H
Hexan is a fictional character.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

hexan
#2 Posted : 3/9/2011 5:53:50 PM

The Great Gatsby

just notice the bottle says Distilled Malt Vinegar

Is this OK?

Thanks a lot folks

H

Mister_Niles
#3 Posted : 3/9/2011 7:24:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd say that you shouldn't use malt vinegar. It probably has other acids and stuff in it. Tarragon vinegar night give a nice gourmet flavor to your spice, but... Just Kidding. White distilled vinegar is what you want. It will give a percentage on the bottle. Vinegar is acetic acid. Undiluted it is dangerously corrosive and explosive under the right conditions. You wouldn't want to put it on your french fries.

Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

hexan
#4 Posted : 3/9/2011 7:41:47 PM

The Great Gatsby

Mister_Niles wrote:

I'd say that you shouldn't use malt vinegar. It probably has other acids and stuff in it. Tarragon vinegar night give a nice gourmet flavor to your spice, but... Just Kidding. White distilled vinegar is what you want. It will give a percentage on the bottle. Vinegar is acetic acid. Undiluted it is dangerously corrosive and explosive under the right conditions. You wouldn't want to put it on your french fries.

Thanks for your post Mr Niles.
My supermarket shelfs had no other vinegar, malt vinegar (brown liquid ) and
Distilled Malt Vinegar ( clear ).

I now have both!

Also, there are no percentages on the bottle, is this essential?

Can anyone from UK please advise on recommended brands.
I'm almost ready to go so this is holding me back until I can clarify.

hexan
#5 Posted : 3/9/2011 8:00:14 PM

The Great Gatsby

found this on another forum by SWIM

"Doesn't really matter what kind of vinegar, malt is cheaper than distilled but both are fine. The vast majority of vinegar is around 5%, if you wanted stronger you could find pickling vinegar or just boil some of the water off normal stuff. 100% acid is impossible because acidity is a property of solutions in water"

Can anybody here concur as to validity of this statement?

Thanks

H

Jez
#6 Posted : 3/10/2011 1:24:12 AM

Jez

Lol... Silly UK people! I am in Australia and I find 100% white vinegar in the cleaning isle... Check there! It might also be in the baking goods.

Alternatively... use pickle juice (acetic acid) & some ascorbic acid (powdered vitamin C) Smile You can also use citric acid, which is found in the baking isles. You only need a very small pinch of each of these!!! Would perform the exact same thing (decrease pH to release DMT from plant material) and it is editable! I try to use as much editable material in extraction as possible. You can't escape the Lime (Ca(OH)2) or lighter fluid however Sad Fortunately lime and lighter fluid hate each other and the lighter fluid evaporates very fast in the afternoon sun!

Hope this helps with the acid!

~Jez

Singularity already exists inside each of us. It isn't biology that is striving to singularity... but singularity that harnesses biology to live a life of greatness in the physical world. The secret is to find what your singularity wants and create it. This is what psychedelics show you!

hexan
#7 Posted : 3/10/2011 10:41:02 AM

The Great Gatsby

Jez wrote:
Lol... Silly UK people! I am in Australia and I find 100% white vinegar in the cleaning isle... Check there! It might also be in the baking goods.

Alternatively... use pickle juice (acetic acid) & some ascorbic acid (powdered vitamin C) Smile You can also use citric acid, which is found in the baking isles. You only need a very small pinch of each of these!!! Would perform the exact same thing (decrease pH to release DMT from plant material) and it is editable! I try to use as much editable material in extraction as possible. You can't escape the Lime (Ca(OH)2) or lighter fluid however Sad Fortunately lime and lighter fluid hate each other and the lighter fluid evaporates very fast in the afternoon sun!

~Jez

The cleaning isle could be the answer. Dont want to risk the process with my Distilled Malt Vinegar even although its clear and I have a hunch it would work ok.

Thanks Jez.....

to the cleaning isle quicksmart : )

hexan
#8 Posted : 3/10/2011 11:20:39 AM

The Great Gatsby

Jez wrote:

~Jez

ok. Ive found it. The prob was they relabeled it as Condiment but its right next to vinegar on the shelf and its "water and Acetic Acid". Not the strongest smelling vinegar I have ever smelled but it will do the job I think of weakening the cell walls before the lime goes in.

So I'm good to get started : )