We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is so Great about THH? Options

Seraph
#1 Posted : 3/9/2011 1:22:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From the DMT-Nexus I get the impression that THH is super-great for some reason, what is THH and why is it so important?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 3/9/2011 1:33:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I don't think anyone actually knows for sure the effects of pure THH.

I however do find caapi preferable to rue or pure harmine, so THH could be a contributing factor. With caapi I get less disorientation and a much cleaner and euphoric state of mind. But is that for sure THH? I'm not sure.

gibran2
#3 Posted : 3/9/2011 2:02:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Many of us were told it was great by a member who turns out to have been affiliated with the seller of a product labeled as THH. The product turned out to be mostly harmine. So maybe the question should be “What’s so great about harmine?” Smile

I doubt that anyone can answer the THH question because no one here knows the effects of pure THH. Pure THH is available from some chemical supply companies, but it is very expensive.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

jamie
#4 Posted : 3/9/2011 7:48:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"Another interesting self-experiment related to this finding was carried out by one of the investigators, Jace Callaway, following his return to Finland after the field phase of the study was completed. Dr. Callaway has access to Single Photon Emission Computerized Tomography (SPECT) scanning facilities in the Department of Pharmacology at the University of Kuopio. Suspecting that the causative agent of the unexpected upregulation might be tetrahydroharmine (THH), Dr. Callaway took SPECT scans of his own brain 5-HT uptake receptors prior to beginning a six week course of daily dosing with tetrahydroharmine, repeating the scan after the treatment period. He did indeed find that the density of central 5-HT receptors in the prefrontal cortex had increased; when he discontinued THH, their density gradually returned to previous levels over the course of several weeks. While this experiment only had one subject, if it is indicative of a general effect of THH that can be replicated and confirmed, the implications are potentially significant. A severe deficit of 5-HT uptake sites in the frontal cortex has been found to be correlated with aggressive disorders in violent alcoholics; if THH is able to specifically reverse this deficit, it may have applications in the treatment of this syndrome. These findings are especially interesting when viewed in the context of the psychological data collected in the hoasca study (Grob, et al., 1996). The majority of the subjects had had a previous history of alcoholism, and many had displayed violent behavior in the years prior to joining the UDV; virtually all attributed their recovery and change in behavior to their use of hoasca tea in the UDV rituals. While it can be argued that their reformation was due to the supportive social and psychological environment found within the UDV, the finding of this long-term change in precisely the serotonin system that is deficient in violent alcoholism, argues that biochemical factors may also play a role"

From here..

http://www.biopark.org/p...yahuasca_scientific.html
Long live the unwoke.

Crystalito
#5 Posted : 3/9/2011 9:08:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aha, i remember reading that somewhere although i didnt remember where! Thanks Fractal...It would be interesting contacting Jace Callaway to learn more. My first two questions would be "what was his daily regiment" and "if he saw any behavioral changes acute or 'chronic'".